Dashcams!

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds positive but hopefully they don't think 1 free service is enough, also checking the car not really sure they would see anything now its just what has had its life span shortened by the reckless driving of there employees.

What these two did was disgusting but in terms of damage to components beyond tyres and maybe the hand brake cable they'd have done nothing from that 5 minutes of messing around.

Caporegime
Yeah, it was wet thankfully and these have an AP racing clutch from factory that seems to handle 300bhp with no issues, so I'm not all that worried. I'll just get them to readjust the handbrake cable and check tyres for uneven wear.

Associate
What these two did was disgusting but in terms of damage to components beyond tyres and maybe the hand brake cable they'd have done nothing from that 5 minutes of messing around.
I agree what they did was disgusting and I wouldn’t be happy but what about even the simple things like the undue wear on the brake pads from having the handbrake on whilst the car is in motion, that is shortening somethings lifespan is it not? Not to mention driving like a plonker with a cold turbo accelerating and braking sharply.

Caporegime
I agree what they did was disgusting and I wouldn’t be happy but what about even the simple things like the undue wear on the brake pads from having the handbrake on whilst the car is in motion, that is shortening somethings lifespan is it not? Not to mention driving like a plonker with a cold turbo accelerating and braking sharply.

Impossible to quantify nor qualify any excess wear, the car isn't a chocolate teapot.

The garages response seems quite good, nice to see they are taking it seriously.

Associate
Impossible to quantify nor qualify any excess wear, the car isn't a chocolate teapot.

The garages response seems quite good, nice to see they are taking it seriously.
If you read the post's above you will see that is what I was saying.

Although some cars are like chocolate teapots nowadays :D

Associate
I'm looking for dashcam recommendations for a BMW F30.

Ideally front and rear, but I've read of issues with DAB radio reception. The car has privacy glass, so not sure if this would be an issue. Parking mode would be a nice to have, but I have similarly seen issues with BMW battery monitoring.

Anyone with experience of a similar configuration?

Man of Honour
Garage seems to be dealing with it seriously so credit where it’s due. Perhaps they could buy the film for your camera for 5 years?

...what?

Soldato
I have just seen this thread by Jansey B and I know how annoyed he must have been - The wife was off to see her sister yesterday so took out front and back SD cards to put footage on PC and when put them back in front camera didn't come on - Thought it was the card needing a format but that didn't work - So off came the camera and I saw instantly what problem was - I had my car serviced on 20th and told them the camera was turned OFF -(Big switch with red light on)- OK they said - so picked car up and have now been driving for 9 days with no front camera - I was spitting bullets yesterday and came out with some new french words - Last year and this year they did the same thing - pulled out the cables -one 12v power and other GPS locator - That I don't mind but there are three holes and two cables -- you would have thought they would have done a little sketch on which cable went in which hole - lucky the 12v in wrong hole didn't knacker my Roadhawk HD1 - Next time I check as soon as I pick it up. - I am quite calm about it today but yesterday I was bouncing.

PS My camera is out of my vision -hidden by sun visor and also have sound turned off.

Soldato
Me too, though I noticed it immediately. My dashcam is powered from the OBD port and they hadn't plugged the thing back in. I noticed because the plug was dangling by the accelerator pedal.

Back
Top Bottom