***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Associate
Last night our little squad of three had our first battle against armed opposition.

We were at NEAF looting and saw one guy near the jail building who immediately turned and bolted round the back of the building. We followed him shouting friendly (which we genuinely are) but he seemed to vanish (didn't have enough time to log).

We couldn't find him so we went round to enter the building and he popped round the corner opening fire and taking one of us out.

He ducked back round the corner and I made it up there and in 3rd person (shows what a joke that is) I coudl see him crouched round in the recess where perhaps the dumpster should go. He also had a mate with him along the wall of the building.

I let him creep round and blasted him twice with the sawn off, killing him (incidentally, when using the sawn off and aiming down barrel you completely loose sight of your target due to recoil).

I had took a few so we retreated into the building and luckily our guy who was down regained consciousness

we closed the door and bandaged and reloaded (lesson learned, make sure you know exactly where your bandages are)

The remaining guy came through the door killing one of hours but we wasted him, leaving two of us low on blood but not bleeding

Amazing adrenaline buzz from it but complete chaos from our group even with TS. We need more combat practice.

And, although we have no intention of being a hostile mob, events like this ecourage shoot on sight

Permabanned
Shame he is staying till the end of the year.... Interesting to see what he will start and quit next, Mount Everest the game the goal is to collect as many hats on the way up.

Last edited:
Associate
He's leaving at the end of 2014, but the game will carry on without him.

He said this a few weeks back, that he'll take it as far as he personally can, then hand it on to others at BI and the community.

It's hardly a cash grab and run as he's leaving a project that he's been working on for years.

Sensationalist title gets the masses all riled up shocker!

Soldato
Kinda glad he is leaving as he wanted to take the game in a different direction with horses and other rubbish ideas, at least it might get fixed sooner now rather than have a new kind of bandanna/motorcycle helmet!

Soldato
I like how people think he is taking the money and running, while he has had lump sums he still gets royalties, so it is in his best interest and the future of what ever studio or projects he wants to start to leave DayZ in a solid position. These next 9-10 months will be critical.

Honestly I'm glad he isn't going right away, he is the guy with the vision, remove that now and god knows what will happen. Considering the way most of the game industry has gone, it would be simplified and generic. A lot of the decent systems within DayZ SA like the food, health, blood, combat would be awful without him by the looks of things.

I can also understand why he wants to move on to pastures new, being with, known for and working on a project so long, even one you love can be stifling. He has always wanted to run a studio, support young developers etc, so it could well produce some interesting games in the future.

Kinda glad he is leaving as he wanted to take the game in a different direction with horses and other rubbish ideas, at least it might get fixed sooner now rather than have a new kind of bandanna/motorcycle helmet!

Heh, most of the items in the game at the moment are just filler added to test the various systems and ultimately to keep the people playing this pre Alpha game testing for bugs. Why do you think the M4 was one of the first guns added? It doesn't fit in with the setting etc etc. It was added to test the attachment system, a system that is fundamental to things like modular vehicles and crafting.

It isn't bug fixes or content, its a mix of both, they go hand in hand. As for horses, I kinda like that idea, quiet vs vehicles, great off road speed etc. Sure you'd have to keep them fed and watered, but that is no different than a car.

Ultimately though, once SA is finished and mods are allowed the direction the project finally went in won't matter at all. Just look at the DayZ mod, there are versions to cater for every type of gamer. Add to that, because the SA isn't a mod of another game, the possibilities are greater. All we need is a solid well optimized platform and the way things are shaping up that is what we are going to get.

Soldato
OP
Sorry but this is simply mind blowing! Whether he's leaving now or end of the year.... His target was 1million ... He more than hit it... Now he's off!

COULDN'T MAKE THIS UP!!!

Oh well thank **** I've found love in Epoch! Arma 3 Epoch in the summer!!!!

ALSO.... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh DGGGGGGGGG? Come on rockets number 1 fwend, whats your thoughts?

/uninstall!

Last edited:
Permabanned
[TFU] Thegoon84;25901705 said:
Sorry but this is simply mind blowing! Whether he's leaving now or end of the year.... His target was 1million ... He more than hit it... Now he's off!

COULDN'T MAKE THIS UP!!!

Oh well thank **** I've found love in Epoch! Arma 3 Epoch in the summer!!!!

ALSO.... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh DGGGGGGGGG? Come on rockets number 1 fwend, whats your thoughts?

/uninstall!

DG knew Rocket was leaving before Rocket did :p

Soldato
OP
DG knew Rocket was leaving before Rocket did :p

Its looking that way!! Perhaps he heard of his epic nub killing skills and evidence planting screenshots. Then realised that not even his game coding could stop the beasty DG and his uber skillz :p

What an absolute creature.

This kind of sums it up for me also! I was such a fanboy of his!

Permabanned
Wow leaving and the game isn't even finished. So I guess the rushed "finished" version will be full of bugs and missing features and there will be a skeleton crew who will have no idea how to fix them.

What a pratt!

Back
Top Bottom