***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Caporegime
there is plenty on ocuk who play it if you look at the negative responses look who do them ;) always the same people.

if you not sure give it a month there will be a few more big updates then jump in. the same people that moan will always moan regardless. while they moaning 99 percent of us are busy playing having fun :)

remember that the next time the pcars thread gets active :p

Permabanned
I forgot to say, some guy was camping in a building last night with an SKS, he was doing serious damage to other players. Seems a good gun to have...

I squad wiped a whole team in combat gear last week south of the ship on the east coast. I was solo on my own and the team i wiped were definitely or TS or somesort because they were trying to bait me with bambi tactics. Didnt work and i killed all 6 in around 1hr of playing the waiting game and moving position. They were quite organised, was it anybody from here i wonder?

Permabanned
I forgot to say, some guy was camping in a building last night with an SKS, he was doing serious damage to other players. Seems a good gun to have...

I squad wiped a whole team in combat gear last week south of the ship on the east coast. I was solo on my own and the team i wiped were definitely or TS or somesort because they were trying to bait me with bambi tactics. Didnt work and i killed all 6 in around 1hr of playing the waiting game and moving position. They were quite organised, was it anybody from here i wonder?

Associate

Wan't me, this was in Chernogorsk.

Permabanned
Wan't me, this was in Chernogorsk.

No it wasnt in Cherno, like i said, it was on the north east coast up by the ship but south of the ship on the road in that little town (cant remember the name).

The 5 guys ran into the flats after i killed the first on the road. 2nd one i killed on the roof, 3rd i killed in flat 1 top floor far window, 4th i killed in flat 1 top floor near window( at this point i was spotted so i moved position) 5th i shot in the back while he crouched looking at my previous postion near the ladder of the roof while the 6th player scouted the roof. The 6th player then shot at me and i was injured, he followed me to the train station on other side of ride, i switched to magnum and killed him. He had no clothing and was bambi baiting me from earlier.

Squad wiped.

Then the server disconnects so i log back in and go back to the roof only to see 5 mins later a team of 3 in combat gear hunting and looking around the train station. (They must have called up reinforcements from the south).

I then logged off and have not played since. Char is probably gone anyhow due to new patch, i played 139 hrs no other games just Dayz.

Permabanned
that sounds like a really good play, well done!

any indication they were hostile or were you just baiting? Not criticising, I enjoy playing bandit quite a bit!

Im a bandit 100% but i never kill Bambi's and i dont hunt them. I Hunt looted players and i never ever loot the dead body unless im with my team on TS. Ive killed over 20 people with this char already and i never played the mod either.

Associate
After building a new PC recently, I'm getting back into DayZ this weekend (logged many hundreds of hours on the mod). I have a question about the experimental patches though. Namely, what is the downside to playing them? can it lead to more regular character wipes? also, how do I get them? is it just an option in steam?

Caporegime
i play experimentals a lot you get instant updates but you do sometimes get wipes. its part of the parcel of alpha and tbh its not that bad to get a gun and gear again.

had some good fun last night killed a few armed people but in end me and mate got ambushed near elektro hospital. i got broken legs him too :p we killed the people who have mosins and even got morphine but it was damaged cause of the fire fight :(

so will probably start fresh later :) might go experimental first try new patch.

Soldato
I've been kinda disappointed from the lack of progress , I honestly don't think it's in much of a better state than the mod was apart from better visuals and gui "improvements" , yes I know it's alpha but basic bugs still not been fixed things that are pretty obvious and not that hard to fix which is why you have to question why stick with such a small dev team on a engine that they're obviously having issues with and imo was not the right choice

I'm curious as to how you "know" these are easy fixes, are you making assumptions on the ease of it to fix certain problems?

I find it a little odd how so many people suddenly become seasoned games developers when they want to have a moan.

Soldato
Paul, the problem is what to do about it... Every human-implemented system in the world has some sort of awkward or annoying policies that punish the considerate in order to ensure that those few that want to spoil things for the rest of us do get punished...

Here the issue is - how do you detect the manner in which a player's connection has been lost? Okay so maybe you look for the connection dropping (but not the game being closed completely with Alt+F4)... then those who want to combat log etc. would just find a way to temporarily halt their network connection, making the game think they had innocently lost connection and then Alt+F4, hence avoiding the penalties...

People who want to pull their internet connection will at least not be able to log into another server, move, then come back to shoot someone in the back.

Associate
No it wasnt in Cherno, like i said, it was on the north east coast up by the ship but south of the ship on the road in that little town (cant remember the name).

The 5 guys ran into the flats after i killed the first on the road. 2nd one i killed on the roof, 3rd i killed in flat 1 top floor far window, 4th i killed in flat 1 top floor near window( at this point i was spotted so i moved position) 5th i shot in the back while he crouched looking at my previous postion near the ladder of the roof while the 6th player scouted the roof. The 6th player then shot at me and i was injured, he followed me to the train station on other side of ride, i switched to magnum and killed him. He had no clothing and was bambi baiting me from earlier.

Squad wiped.

Then the server disconnects so i log back in and go back to the roof only to see 5 mins later a team of 3 in combat gear hunting and looking around the train station. (They must have called up reinforcements from the south).

I then logged off and have not played since. Char is probably gone anyhow due to new patch, i played 139 hrs no other games just Dayz.

No, I meant I was in Chernogorsk so couldn't have been involved in your epic win :D

Back
Top Bottom