***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Caporegime
I haven't played in a long time either :( There are far too many other games I have to play :D Not enough time to enjoy them all!

Us three regularly play on the Basically Vanilla #2 - 1PP Party Loot+ Guns+ Map Missions server, i think there's only like 8 mods and most of those are from the main game! :)

Caporegime
Was just on a server and there was an almighty explosion at a distant fire station, then someone said they instant died to possibly a road mine and within around 5mins after that, I died running from a building to another close to each other, while also hearing an explosion.

The odd thing I saw nothing on the road, my mate didn't see anyone and when I came back to my body, both crappy guns were gone, but all the ammo, nails and anything else I could fit in the backback was still there.

So bug? Can your guns be wiped out in an explosion?

Soldato
Was just on a server and there was an almighty explosion at a distant fire station, then someone said they instant died to possibly a road mine and within around 5mins after that, I died running from a building to another close to each other, while also hearing an explosion.

The odd thing I saw nothing on the road, my mate didn't see anyone and when I came back to my body, both crappy guns were gone, but all the ammo, nails and anything else I could fit in the backback was still there.

So bug? Can your guns be wiped out in an explosion?
You can get shot at and their bullets hit your gun and sometimes ruins the gun so it wouldnt surprise me lol

Caporegime
Game Freeze - 3 FPS

Been playing DayZ SA for years on and off and this has never happened before. Tonight every so often the game would almost completely freeze and show around 3FPS, ALT TAB - Desktop/Game everything normal. Temps fine, no driver crashes or anything like that. Every other game is fine.

Anyone else come across this? - Latest Nvidia drivers/Windows 11

Soldato
Arma 2 mod was lightening in a bottle, it will never be the same...

Yeah, sadly I think you're right. It was just such a fresh and exciting experience at the time when played with a group of friends. We still look back and laugh at some of the shenanigans we got into. I once killed 4 of us cause I thought I'd try a bit of low flying in a helicopter. They still don't let me live it down. Just like I'm still annoyed my friend killed me in the NWAF on accident because I startled him... Literally minutes after finding a ghillie suit lol.

Soldato
The best map for DayZ is Namalsk, hands down. Small map, loot spawns are good and always interactions happening. Find the Blue, Red and Orange filimints and then the Blueprint on Tara, head to the sub and get the keycard then go to the oil rig and make a spacesuit :) DayOne Namalsk servers (#1, #2, #3) are the best but always a queue unless you time it right on a restart. Zero have a good server too.

Not forgetting the EVR storms, then there is jumping through the orb to get to A3, from there you can get to Lantia through another orb.

Its just mind boggling what they did with that map since how DayZ was in the Early Access days.

And the in-game ambient music for Namalsk.. Bubson Records did a fine job!

Last edited:
Caporegime
That was so awesome last night on DayZ Aftermath server! - Me and my mate found a battery in a town next to gorka, and he found a fireworks kit in a shed. I said to him lets go to Gorka, you fire off the fireworks and I'll use the speaker system and play DOOM Eternal music. We got to Gorka, he got his fireworks ready. Battery was placed, Youtube video ready and it was a GO! Fireworks went off, Doom Eternal blaring out through Gorka. The chat changed to people hearing it and lol'ing. Suddenly I hear a voice " That **** me up ". I stopped the music, came out. Someone started shooting at me! I went around a building came out the other side. Guy heavily armed. I killed him and skinned him alive :D - He said, GG and he basically said with all that going on it scared the crap out of him. :D - People could hear it from Trader!

Soldato
Ah, my annual reminder that DayZ SA is still a thing.

One of these days when I have an internet connection that isn’t more jittery than a crackhead on a pogo stick, I might give this a go just to see just how much has changed.

I used to love roaming around the north of the original map exploring and avoiding geared players.

Back
Top Bottom