DCS: A-10C Warthog (first screens!)

Now that I can play A10 , ka50 or SU25T together , yes indeed , Iam more postitive about the entire affair :)

Had a blast last night with a mate doing CA ground control stuff while i covered him from my ka50 .. epic stuff!

Last edited:
You will want one. Flying with the keyboard is doable, but a pain in the rear.

EDIT- BTW the version on steam is slightly out dated - head over to the Offical Forums and check out DCS:-World. One thing to note is the Tutorials are broken in the latest version so the steam version is actually better for beginners.

Nate

Last edited:
Can I register my Blackshark key with DCS world? I can't seem to find anyway to do so that actually works? I can't even get an activation dialog to open even when following the instructions given on the DCS website :(

Quick look at the RTS aspects of Combined Arms

Here is a very basic hands on of how I generally use the Command Map when playing. Nothing fancy here and no voice over. Once CA is near final, I will do a very detailed Producer's Note.

Some items to keep in mind about CA:

1- CA is NOT intended to be a study level simulation of ground combat. It is meant to have a very shallow learning curve. Later on, I would expect to see study-level simulations of individual units.

2- This is still very much an early beta. As such, there are of course many bugs, missing items, and much tuning to be done.

3- For larger feature items that are out of scope, it's my hope that there will be a CA 2.0.

4- Myself and the team are carefully reading feedback and this will effect changes to the final CA version.

Thanks

Nate

Risky bump, but there's an MS Flight package in the Steam flash sale for the next 7 hours. I'm half tempted, given the range of content included. But I've never tried Flight and am reluctant to waste £12.

I could save that to put towards Black Shark 5. ;-)

Good point, I was just being lazy. :-) DLing now.

I guess I should buy it anyway, just to support the genre in the same way I always end up reluctantly buying ED's stuff when it gets cheap enough for me to forget I'm still waiting for that darned Su27! ;-)

Talking of which, the Russian Knights were supposed to be at Farnborough this week. Sadly there were problems with a late application for visas or something stupid. I didn't find out until midweek, but that would have been a marvellous opportunity even though I'd have had to work Friday and Saturday nights before visiting the show. So I'm semi-pleased it didn't come off.

Teaser trailer for the 3rd party MiG-21

Teaser-trailer for DCS: Mig-21Bis Fishbed.

Features of the "DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed":

• Highly detailed six-degrees-of-freedom cockpit with dynamic shadows. Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse like previous DCS products.
• Accurate airframe and realistic 3D cockpit model.
• Detailed modeling of the MiG-21Bis instruments, navigation, electrical, radar, engine, fuel, and weapon systems.
• Russian and English cockpit texts and hints

• Improved and more realistic airplane behaviors that are based on real MiG-21Bis pilot tests and instruction.
• More than a twenty high detailed aircraft skin with unique stencil texts.
• More than a dozen new deliverable weapon.

"DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed" is developed by Laszlo 'beczl' Becz in association with The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics. Further information will be provided as development progresses. I will be providing Work In Progress (WIP) screenshots, videos, and other product information.

http://www.dcs-mig21.com/

*And as to avoid any "confusion", the scene with the arms and the weapon (ie first person shooter scene), this was made purely for fun, and its from the game Battlefield 3. Not the entire scene mind you, only the arms and the weapon.
It was sort of a wink for the future, where we hopefully get to play as infantry in DCS as well. :)

Nate

Nate, do you know if the F15E that is in development is multiplayer? ie pilot and wso are playable?
I really hope so :)

There are actually 2 High Fidelity F-15Es in development (A ridiculous situation IMO) One from IRIS and one from RAZBAM.

I feel confident that both are aware of peoples desire for MP multi-crew capability as people have been very noisy on the forums about it. So fingers crossed.

Back in the early days of Lock On it was possible to share a cockpit over MP for training purposes, but it was never developed fully and was dropped. So it is possible.

Nate

I really wish ED would sort out the master server issues/ keys not being sorted out before releasing more potentially buggy software

Fix what you have released and CHARGED people for , before churning out more

Back
Top Bottom