DCS: A-10C Warthog (first screens!)

Soldato
OP
...so you fly around in it, but no shooting at anything?

:)

You'll get all the weaponry and targeting systems the real A-10c uses, including it's BFG. And you'll get lots and lots of things to shoot at and get shot at by.

The BFG (AKA AN/GAU-8a 30mm A-10 Gatling Gun)
9a95vn.jpg

Nate

Associate
:)

You'll get all the weaponry and targeting systems the real A-10c uses, including it's BFG. And you'll get lots and lots of things to shoot at and get shot at by.

The BFG (AKA AN/GAU-8a 30mm A-10 Gatling Gun)
9a95vn.jpg

Nate

Can you get an airsoft version of that? :D (I dont play airsoft)
Gotta love the banner "Weapons" just in case you thought it was a paint stripper or a fridge

Associate
This is gonna be epic, still suprises me how few people play sims like this compared to the numbers willing to spend £30 or more on a generic FPS that last all of a month.

Ok they take some learning, but the rewards are more than worth the effort. And once you've spent the time in one study sim, you'll find a lot of the knowledge will cross over into another.

Soldato
OP
I suppose it depends on what type of gamer you are. I like stuff with depth, but am quite happy with stuff that is mindless fun (e.g. Just Cause 2) for a short break.

I always find myself drawn back to Sims, be they Flight, Driving, Subs, etc. I find the challenge of mastering a simulation more rewarding than the grind of completing a game like JC2.

Nate

Associate
Nothing solid yet, but still planned for late 2010, in early beta at the moment.

And while I can't give any details (NDA) I will say it's ******* awesome, it will blow you mind when you get your hands on it.

Soldato
Having owned Lock on, Flaming cliffs and Black Shark I'm a little disappointed to see that the environment is not really improving all that much. You know that a good part of the sim experience is in where you are flying as well as what you are flying...

Still I'll likely part with my pennies much like I did for the Track IR 5 Pro...

Soldato
This does look great. I've only recently been introduced to the DCS series and now own blackshark and lockon FC2. I was very impressed by Blackshark and the attention to detail, this A10 seems to set the bar even higher with a much higher res cockpit.

How long does the A10 take to start up eddie from a cold start? Or is that under NDA too :p

Associate
How long does the A10 take to start up eddie from a cold start? Or is that under NDA too :p

Have you seen the second producers note? That is pretty much all there is too it, there are a fair few things you could adjust to your personal preference, but the start up itself is not complicated.

Associate
A few more screen shots showing some of the damage modelling have been posted on the ED forums.

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=41558&d=1281450555

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=41559&d=1281450555

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=41560&d=1281450555

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=41561&d=1281450574

Original Thread HERE

** Please rehost and resize image to no more than 1280px wide before replacing image tags - thanks **

Associate
I signed the NDA but never heard back from Matt (understandably) or Ulrich :(

Ulrich is back at work after his vacation, I'd recommend you send him a PM, preferably including the original PM Matt sent you if you can. The guys on the Dev team are in overdrive at the moment trying to get the Hog ready for release this year, so it's highly likely you just slipped through the cracks.

Back
Top Bottom