DEAD RISING DEMO <30minutes!

Soldato
McDaniel said:
i got bored after 10min :(

Im feeling that too, while it kept me entertained for a little longer once youve cut 10 zombies in half with a katana youve cut them all in half with a katana. Really disappointed there is no online aspect as that would have made me buy the game.

Soldato
See I dont have too many worries about the sustainability just from playing the demo as in the demo you dont actually do anything to do with the storyline at all, you can see from the beginning bit there is quite a few missions.

I'm not under any illusions that its gonna be some sort of epic 100 hour game but if its an entertaining 10 hours that'll do me (same thing as with Tomb Raider: Legend) i'd rather have 10 great hours than 100 dull ones.

Its out in America in a few days so the usual suspect sites will have reviews up (1up already has and has given it 8/10)

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
It's already been confirmed that it's one of the shortest games on the console, but that you have to complete it many times to do everything, which is more my kind of game anyway.

I agree with that to a point, short addictive games with replayability are quite often better than games that are too long. Painkiller was one of those games I could happily play over and over as it was short but just pure fun.

One exception in the long game category would be Oblivion. Still loving that after several months and still not complete.

Soldato
Well, I downloaded this last night. It took about 2 hours to download for me. Not bad speed at all.

Amazing demo! The interesting parts are the different cut scenes you can get by entering the different areas. They hint at the story of the game and how there is more to the game (if you want it).

This was a 'meh' rated game for me, now I can't wait to get it!

Caporegime
spaceman said:
been playing it for about an hour, its a good laugh - hopefully the asia version will be region free or i'll wait until its cheap before i buy. will be too busy playing test drive ;)
It's already confirmed that it's not Region Free I'm afraid.

Soldato
Wow afterr finally waiting 4 hours for the download to finish (seriously I downloaded 3Dmark06 and 05 twice - don't ask, in the time it took to get this lol.

First impressions are well :D :D and more :D really.

Absolutely loved it.

I believe I played the demo 7 times before going to sleep lol. I found it just pure no nonsense fun. The graphics are excellent, no jaggies, use of AF finally and no frame rate issues whatsoever!

Personally I am not concerned about the fact it could become broing after a while as I don't play solidly on my 360 (I tend to do 30min - 1 hour jaunts in the evening).

A definate buy for me!

Oh and I laughed a lot when I first used the frying pan warmed on the stove on the zombie. :D

Associate
dlittley said:
'GOOOOOOOOD' :D

eroticuv6.jpg

lol

i shot them with shotgun then take pic straight after..... theyre great then :)

Soldato
Hurrah for random violence! :D

This is easily my favourite demo on XBL and no doubt will be my favourite game once it's released. The idea sounded good and, after playing the demo, the execution seems excellent too.

I agree that it could get boring, but we'll have to see. I'm definitely buying this one though.

Soldato
I'm not sure it will get that boring......The way the story works and how the events are timed.....Your being forced to play the storyline and can't just hack and slash your way around it.... 1up.com's Video Review of the game said you can't miss these timed events or the storyline "collapses".......I'm sure Capcom said in the past you could miss them......Oh well, something else to drive you to play the game right i guess ;)

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Downloading for me now (forgot about this yesterday and I was off work too! - doh!!)

Didn't realise there was, y'know, snigger, girlie-pants in it :o

Associate
I only read the first two pages and then I had to stop. I have always wanted to run through a mall full of zombies since the day I watched Dawn of the Dead.
Oh yeah bring it on !

Soldato
MichaelHo said:
ive found the katana but wheres the uzi?

spoiler

from the start point go forwards. You will see stairway in the right hand corner. Go up half the flight of stairs turn towards the wall and jump up on to the ledge. Along the ledge you will find some weapons and at the end past the start point theres a SMG.

Last edited:
Soldato
1st 360 game I pre-ordered well in advance of the 360 release and so far so good.

The only thing is that gets me is the use of the sticks when throwing things and aiming the camera. I keep forgetting one is left and one is right, why not have had aiming for both on the same stick :)

Soldato
I dont understand how people can say the demo is dull u arent really doing anything from the game but killing zombies :cool: No real missions or anything and this alone is fun! Definate purchase for me i may even pre-order it first time ive ever done that :p

Soldato
R5Rich said:
I dont understand how people can say the demo is dull u arent really doing anything from the game but killing zombies :cool: No real missions or anything and this alone is fun! Definate purchase for me i may even pre-order it first time ive ever done that :p

It was fun for about 5-10minutes, then just became... well the same.

Not sure if ill buy, might give it a rent but will go on other peoples reactions with the full release

Soldato
R5Rich said:
I dont understand how people can say the demo is dull u arent really doing anything from the game but killing zombies :cool:

Exactly. There's no point to the demo. This sort of gameplay might have been fine in the days of Carmageddon, but I've had my fill.

Soldato
this is a dissapointment...i spent a few hours having fun playin saints row whilst waiting for this to download, now i've played it, the first time i went staight into the warehouse...watch a video, a couple of heads blow up, then it ends...so i give it another go, kill about 20 of 'em and then a video of somoe wierd americans comes up, that ends...and i'm back to the title screen again...
wtf have capcom done this for>?

Back
Top Bottom