Dead Space (Remake)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yup, no review mentions all the RT tech used, but we know it has at the minimum, RT lighting and shadows going by what has been mentioned. Also the consoles support them too. Hence why DLSS is so important. No DLSS3 btw, only DLSS2, so all the performance gains using it are available to all RTX users thankfully.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm guessing since its on Frostbite and not Unreal there will be no shader compilation stutter. If there is its ruined for me might as well just play the original.

Soldato
For what it's worth it sounds very much worth the £30-35 you can pick it up for at the minute, not just the exact same game with prettier graphics (and my word are they pretty). Everything sounds like it's been fleshed out and tweaked to make it the definitive version of the game.
£30 is generally my biting point for a new game that has unique content, i'll stretch to £40 if it's something I want to play eagerly.

I'm not really a graphics whore, outside of looking better and as you say, some tweaks here and there, i'm not sure what else this offers for a returning player, certainly not £30 worth for me.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to berate the game, i'm sure it's fantastic and the reviews support that. I loved it on release and have been through it entirely twice, if I were new to it, i'd likely pick it up at RRP - just from where i'm at, there's no justification to pay so much for a game I know fairly well.

Man of Honour
Dont forget you should get a trial if you have xbox gamepass for pc or just sub for a month if you wanna play the game through, you can get monthly keys for £11.50 or so.
Yup thats what I have opted to do, I just cant justify 49.99 for a remake but I'm happy to drop £15 on a 1 month EA subscription , play and complete Dead Space and then cancel the sub.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Come on, it's been out for 12 hours now. I'm shocked there aren't 15 posts from you with screenshots analysing every tiny detail. I'm waiting on those before buying :D
Don't have it on my Steam yet, but from all the reviews I've seen so far, there isn't anything to complain about, so it's a winner really!

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Errr is my 3070 even going to be able to run the game at a decent frame rate :o?

The RPS review above, the guy says he played on a 3080 and the fps was consistently high. the only downside being that he experienced some micro stutters but only when entering a new area, a few clips shown in the video review, it's like in many other games when you enter a room or area there's that couple of frames as something loads - Now only one or two other reviews mentioned this so it's unclear if it's a specific config related issue, a review sample issue that will not exist on the releas eversion or something else, let's see! But since the gameplay itself is smooth, at least that's the good bit.

Soldato
Don't have it on my Steam yet, but from all the reviews I've seen so far, there isn't anything to complain about, so it's a winner really!
Can't wait for widescreen screenies with a mountain of benchmarking stats down the left hand side.

(I know you have ultra mega super widescreen so can't notice them, still tilts me a little)

:D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Only the first couple of screens, important to see what the frametime line is like and CPU/GPU use :p

Edit*, Forgot to say, the YongYea review above, he has a 3080 Ti and played it at 1440p, said "Ultra settings an average of 100-120fps, 90 being the lowest it ever dipped to"

Last edited:
Suspended
I don't even bother using overlays when playing games, unless I am benchmarking something and I barely do that unless I am doing an update and want to see a quantifiable improvement.

Brute force power + G-sync smooths out most things over than shader compilation issues.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah but some of are a little extra geeky and want to see some stats. My car's screen displays realtime power/torque/telemetry as I'm overtaking that massive bell piece of a Golf driver, for example :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom