Dead Space (Remake)

Soldato
Not impressed with how difficult the game is. It's also glitchy, I keep respawning to my last checkpoint then dying instantly over and over again. I have to quickly press pause, reload an old save slot and then start the mission all over again.

Easy difficulty is too difficult and so is " Story mode "

Playing on PS5

what are u playing with? a steering wheel?

Soldato
I have all three on my account, but not played them. cheap as chips now.

i was gonna play the first through, before the 2023 edition, but, na, gonna go straight into the new one first!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Nostalgia overload, have not played the original since launch so this has been a nice throwback for me.

What a refreshing experience. AAA game running smooth as silk, at locked 75fps it's got a render latency or around 16ms which is normal for locked frames, unlocked it's 8-9ms which you can tell there's a bit of an improvement in the mouse to camera movement response so I've just kept it unlocked for now, might put it back though. Only reason I lock fps is because the 3080 Ti is loud, and locked to a lower fps it is quite a bit quieter lol. unlocked the game is running around 100fps average or so and dips slightly below here and there if lots of stuff going on.

The only niggle is that the only ray traced setting is RTAO, but the screen space shadows and lighting are so good that it really doesn't matter. Ultra settings preset does use RTAO so no need to have custom selected. I switched the DLSS file to version 2.5.1 which I've been using in Witcher 3 next gen and that works great. By default the game uses DLSS 2.5.0 for reference.

Excellent stuff, inky blacks on ultrawide OLED, and I haven't even enabled HDR mode yet!

Feels weird saying it, but there's no need to wait for a day/week 1 patch :D

In terms of micro stutters when entering a new area, there are some at the very instant you come up to a door entry of a new section /sometimes/, but it's so small that it's barely a distraction. During action and normal exploration it is just smoothness.

I will say this though, up close the texture detailing is not as highly detailed as the textures in Callisto Protocol, in that game you could get the camera right up to any object on Jacob and there would be striation marks from scratches and you could make out the fibres on threads and things like that. on DS Remake the detailing just does not go that deep. Not a huge issue as everything else more than makes up for it.

uazJp3u.jpg

1reAXo8.jpg

Not impressed with how difficult the game is. It's also glitchy, I keep respawning to my last checkpoint then dying instantly over and over again. I have to quickly press pause, reload an old save slot and then start the mission all over again.

Playing on PS5
U wot m8!

So, review links aside, is this actually any good?

It's DS1, so yes, yes it is very good. Everything that made DS1 good is here, but enhanced.

Last edited:
Soldato

Playing on PS5

Did you miss this when starting the game? :D

tshX607.png

Back
Top Bottom