Dead Space (Remake)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Two bugs I've noticed.

DLSS and FSR, if you set either to Quality, then the next time you load up the game it reverts to Balanced.

HDR is supported, but there's no adjustment screen to calibrate HDR brightness for bright and dark areas as you would normally expect. Therefore HDR is not accurate.

The upscaler forgetting Quality mode is an annoyance more than anything, HDR doesn't bother me since the SDR presentation is so good.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Two bugs I've noticed.

DLSS and FSR, if you set either to Quality, then the next time you load up the game it reverts to Balanced.

HDR is supported, but there's no adjustment screen to calibrate HDR brightness for bright and dark areas as you would normally expect. Therefore HDR is not accurate.

The upscaler forgetting Quality mode is an annoyance more than anything, HDR doesn't bother me since the SDR presentation is so good.

Interesting. I will wait for these things to be ironed out and grab it on discount. I would want to play it in HDR personally.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
There's also maybe 1-2fps difference between FSR and DLSS. Since it's FSR2.0 and not FSR2.1 I expected DLSS to be quite a bit higher fps than FSR, maybe an indicator that upscaler tech isn't completely polished. Texture sharpness is better with TAA, but you get a lot more visible aliasing when the camera is static as there are a lot of straight line architecture pieces in Ishimura. TAA performance is fine, I can maintain +60fps no problem in Ultra so I'd be happy with that if the AA was better, but I suppose DLSS/FSR AA is always going to be superior due to the nature of image reconstruction.

Last edited:
Soldato
Something weird about this games performance, GPU use is 100% but power draw is way down, normally 200 watts on my 3060ti but this is like 160. The occasional stutters are annoying as well. Game looks and plays great but I'm going to give it a week and see if they can patch the stutters.

Soldato
Been enjoying this on my cooler master mini LED display, The blacks are at the stage where am going to poop my pants.

But otherwise, has anyone see the crazy ghosting with DLSS on? Someone said its dlss 2.5.0 but the ghosting looks like DLSS 1.0

Soldato
Two bugs I've noticed.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Edit^ no ghosting here with DLSS, I am using DLSS 2.5.1 though. Remember too, motion blur off in settings.

Argh why do I alwas notice these popping in textures or shadows in all games these days lol

regYTJD.gif

The bouncy ball was fun for 5 mins :cry:

U4MTnv3.gif

Merely a workaround that isn't a proper HDR implementation sadly, and only available on TVs too, the DWF monitor does have tone mapping but from stuff I read before, it's basically gonna be the same type of workaround.

I suppose Windows 11's Auto HDR is an option but again, it's an approximation to HDR not true built for HDR during the conversion from SDR to HDR. I'd much rather play in SDR which is clearly what the development was done in and it looks great in SDR as the intended format.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom