Dead Space (Remake)

Soldato
d86ef1f2d7319bb320074bce9f536d2115344b72.pnj

Both DLSS and FSR suffer crazy ghosting when its pitch black, Enabling TAA completely removes the ghosting. Something really wrong with upscalers and this game, Gonna just run around with TAA on.

Soldato
That screenshot looks familiar :p
2.5.1 improves the ghosting by a decent amount but its still there if you look hard enough. Needs heavy sharpening filters with DLSS also as can be quite blurry in places.

Not impressed with HDR so far but I'll try DTM off...

Last edited:
Associate
I am finding this a lot harder than i remember from the original, already died on the first level, and the plasma cutter seems to fire a lot faster ? spending more ammunition, more darkness, hear a noise and 2 enemies are right up in my face

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I played all three of them through 100% on PS3, I really loved the series and this is a welcome return. The original game on PS3 had framerate issues so this new version is excellent. Playing it through and the gameplay still holds up, especially as you make some progress!

Soldato
I am finding this a lot harder than i remember from the original, already died on the first level, and the plasma cutter seems to fire a lot faster ? spending more ammunition, more darkness, hear a noise and 2 enemies are right up in my face

It could just be harder because your 16 years older now than back when it originally came out :)

Soldato
Anyone playing in 4k maxed on a 3080 or near those settings? if so how is it running? thinking of upgrading to one as 4080 to expensive for me.

Soldato
Anyone playing in 4k maxed on a 3080 or near those settings? if so how is it running? thinking of upgrading to one as 4080 to expensive for me.
Okay (55-90 FPS with DLSS Balanced at 4K), bar stuttering in some areas (probably not shader compilation as they actually compile shaders before you start).

However, I and some others on the Steam forums have a major issue where the game randomly seems to get stuck at about 10 FPS, particularly after a cutscene or getting a new weapon (such as the assault rifle in the medical bay).

It also forgets your DLSS setting on every boot if you change it to anything other than Balanced, the HDR calibration is very basic and odd (just a gamma adjustment) and it just seems buggy in general.

Last edited:
Soldato
That screenshot looks familiar :p
2.5.1 improves the ghosting by a decent amount but its still there if you look hard enough. Needs heavy sharpening filters with DLSS also as can be quite blurry in places.

Not impressed with HDR so far but I'll try DTM off...
I found changing the game's brightness slider from the default 50 to 49 makes a huge difference on my LG C1; to the point where I suspect it's bugged.

Soldato
I found changing the game's brightness slider from the default 50 to 49 makes a huge difference on my LG C1; to the point where I suspect it's bugged.
Been playing since the start with 49 in game since that was lowest I could see the left icon. I did try DTM off/HGIG and both look better than DTM on imo :)

Soldato
Big fan of the originals......but the price is a bit OTT not sure its worth almost £50 :( the days of discounts seems to be long gone!

Reactions: Raz
Soldato
Just finished my first run through and apart from a bit of stuttering here and there, it's pretty much perfect.
I only used the plasma cutter and line gun as ammo drops are dependent on what guns you're carrying, and with carrying 4 it was bit of pita as to what ammo you'd get vs what you want.
Anyhoo on to..

jI3pGmk.png

Back
Top Bottom