Dead Space (Remake)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I mean it was £33 so surely that's close enough lol.

Meanwhile, dem particle effects are next level. As well as the lighting. Motive have done what Naughty Dog have been doing for years, and it's great to see. The fact that all this action can happen at once and there is no performance impact is just astounding.

obXdEFm.gif

OWPVGR1.gif

JQhgJtA.gif

0Ha2Bgo.gif

Last edited:
Associate
I mean it was £33 so surely that's close enough lol.

Meanwhile, dem particle effects are next level. As well as the lighting. Motive have done what Naughty Dog have been doing for years, and it's great to see. The fact that all this action can happen at once and there is no performance impact is just astounding.

obXdEFm.gif

OWPVGR1.gif

JQhgJtA.gif
Yeh I missed it at that price, its 39 now so a fair bit off my 28 budget. But I think it will drop back down soon enough.
Amazing screenshots BTW.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Yeah graphics look fantastic easily makes the original look feeble in comparison and I thought the original was good just playing a few months ago.

Caporegime
EA Play Pro is always an option at £12, it's not like you will replay the game any time soon, also you have one month to complete it.
This is what I did, and I completed it last night.

So I've still got over 3 weeks left on my subscription, I might play something else I missed.

They slightly altered the story so that the "Nicole" you interact with was a physical person, not just a hallucination, and the same in reverse (she thinks you are Jacob). This sort of makes sense in that Nicole was helping open doors and activate systems.

However, when Isaac was literally watching Nicole's final video at the start of the game, he knew she had committed suicide and suppressed it. Kendra Daniels knew as well as she was some sort of earth government agent. Did Hammond also know?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
On 2nd playthrough now with NG+ to see what the alternative ending is, and also see what's inside those master access only rooms and boxes.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I got the master key in my normal playthrough^^ Just did the relevant side missions and then went to the bridge to generate the master key tagged to Isaac. It carried over as a key item when I started New game+

Last edited:
Soldato
Did anyone else find that suddenly Origin starting logging achievements yesterday? Hadn't had anything over the weekend then got distracted by a bunch when I played for an hour last night. Might need to switch off the notifications perhaps.

Not really bothered, would happily see them removed from all games/platforms, pointless e-peen fluff that gives a false sense of accomplishment but I digress.

Soldato
Remake, remaster, whatever. It's expensive for what it is, paying to play essentially the same game again is a bit much to ask, especially at this price.
Each to their own of course, but for £33 I think it’s well well worth the cost.
Yes, it’s pretty much the same game, but if you’ve got a decent speaker/sub set up and can run it a max settings it’s phenomenal.

Deleted member 258511

Deleted member 258511

I’m getting much better with waiting for games over the last year or so. I’ll wait for the stuttering etc to be fixed, and a bit more of a price drop. I know the game is great so I don’t want it spoiled by annoyances that will get sorted eventually.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The stuttering isn't really an issue to be fair. As long as your SSD is half decent then it doesn't distract or interfere during normal gameplay or action scenes etc.

Associate
Each to their own of course, but for £33 I think it’s well well worth the cost.
Yes, it’s pretty much the same game, but if you’ve got a decent speaker/sub set up and can run it a max settings it’s phenomenal.

Weird response, so it's only worth playing and "phenomenal" if you can max settings...

So not worth buying then, good to know.

Back
Top Bottom