Dead Space (Remake)

Caporegime
Do people actually find it scary?

I'm loving playing through it again, and I don't think I have played the original for well over 10 years but I haven't even had a jump scare or fear of what's coming.

Playing with headphones in quite a dark room.

Maybe if it was in VR it would be more scary.

Man of Honour
Do people actually find it scary?

I'm loving playing through it again, and I don't think I have played the original for well over 10 years but I haven't even had a jump scare or fear of what's coming.

Playing with headphones in quite a dark room.

Maybe if it was in VR it would be more scary.
Not in the slightest but then to be fair I am totally desensitized to fear and no film or game (or much else in life frankly) scares me.

Performance for me has been decent so far in 1440, RT on, DLSS on but for some reason last night the frame rate plummeted to just 7fps and then simply stuck there until I restarted the game. Wasnt even much going on in game at the time, I was just wandering around and it happened. Thats the only time its done that though.

Its a decent enough game, nowhere near the 49.99 asking price imo and not as good as Alien Isolation either imo. Parts of the game mechanics have stood the test of time well, other parts not so much.

Last edited:
I haz 4090!
Don
Yeah it's not scary. Quite atmospheric in that I love the setting, but the original wasn't scary for me past the opening five minutes or so. I love the atmos though!

Agreed on the price, I'm absolutely loving it but it's pretty much exactly the same game with better graphics and a couple of side missions thrown in.

Absolutely loving it though - they've nailed it.

Soldato
I've had a few jump scares but now I'm 4 hours in on the playthrough, feeling a bit immune to it, rinse repeat of the same scares over and over.

It looks and plays fantastically though, great atmosphere and visuals.

Not sure if mentioned but the early chapters seem to have very Alien-esque music.

Also, Daniels voice sounds just like Judy from CP2077 during the opening.

Associate
Anybody tried native 4K with just TAA? I get single digits fps. That can’t be right? Got a 5800x3d and 3080. If I use DLSS I get in the 80s.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
10GB 3080? VRAM most likely, at 3440x1440 with TAA the game for me uses up to around 8GB VRAM, so I fully suspect that is well in excess at 4K.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Goty for me, I got it with EA play Pro but will pick it up when drops in price.
To be fair, its my GOTY so far too, having said that... its only Jan 30th so its not got much competition for me yet. We'll see how it stands in my GOTY pot after Sons of the Forest, Age of Wonders 4, Redfall, Diablo 4, Baldurs Gate 3, Stalker 2, Starfield, Alan Wake 2, Assassins Creed Mirage, Lies of P, Nightingale and Space Marine 2 come out this year.

2023, on paper at least, is looking like a corker for me :D

Soldato
I bought this and had buyers remorse after about 5 mins and refunded.

If you have the original there really is no point imo. Have started a new game there instead :)

Associate
Picked up a new weapon " Pulse round " earlier. Just loaded the game up again and it has disappeared from my inventory ? Any ideas

Edit: Think I must have not saved the game just after picking up the pulse round * found it and saved this time.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Gotta say love the way sparks bounce off Isaac's suit, not seen that type of reactivity before.

ropxjc5.gif

Back
Top Bottom