Dead Space (Remake)

Permabanned
Wondering if i have missed the line gun ? im on chapter 5 and havent picked it up yet, nearly sure i got it earlier in the original game ? but maybe not. It was one my favourite weapons the damage it put out
The room it's in requires Security Clearance Level 2 to open however, which means the earliest the Line Gun can be acquired is in Chapter 4 once Hammond upgrades Isaac's security level.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No real difference for me with rBAR enabled, performance was high anyway:

rBAR_on_Dead%20Space_2023_02_02_21_49_09_084.jpg

rBAR_off_Dead%20Space_2023_02_02_21_46_50_996.jpg

And for kicks thought I'd see what Low looks like, actually not bad at all...

LOW_Dead%20Space_2023_02_02_21_46_17_712.jpg

ne0

ne0

Associate
just started playing this, was one of my favourite games all those years ago. My my, I always remembered this game being incredible but it is even more so with modern bells and whistles. Kinda depressing though as it's so good that it just makes you realise how bad modern games are :(

Soldato
Chapter 11 and had a power cut last night so will get it completed it tonight..

This game on oled with decent headphones is brown pants material...

So hope they remake number 2

• Haha
Reactions: Kyo
Associate
Really hope they do an upgrade to the second, reviews have been really positive so I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Definitely easy money.

Honestly would love to see Doom 3 given this modern visual upgrade with ray tracing.

Last edited:
Associate
Tried this? looks better to my eyes.

klu3STA.png
Why does it say to set them on the Alan Wake Remaster profile whne Dead Space remake has its own profile :confused:

A Brilliant game though and am really enjoying it having never played it previously , only on chapter 4 as haven't had much time to play but don't want to rush though it either :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah when zooming in it does, but at a normal distance when gaming you're hard pressed to spot the difference, and I think that's the main takeaway. Without a slider slice like that and clicking the zoom button, you'd be unlikely to ever notice the differences. If there was a sharpness slider in this game then the difference would be even less so. For example on Witcher 3 there is basically no difference, even with DLSS set to Performance vs DLSS off, that is one game that does DLSS perfectly.

Notice that even though the DLSS version is sharper, the image reconstruction is actually higher fidelity as well. The TAAU version also has the same sharpening set (High).

Last edited:
Associate
I think it's just a copy paste, apply the same settings for dead space, not alan wake. I saw minimal diff though, still looks good.

With the AA and Texture options selected for Dead Space Remake i get some weird banding issues at the menu screen which is probably why they say set it to Alan Wake Remake :confused:

Dead-Space-Remake-Screenshot-2023-02-04-11-27-23-84.png

Same options but set to Alan Wake Remaster and looks perfect ...

Dead-Space-Remake-Screenshot-2023-02-04-11-30-34-20.png

Game seems to hit my 10900K pretty hard and had temps up in the 80's for CPU yesterday with water being 50 and GPU at 60. Only game i have seen that manages to push the CPU temp that high for whatever reason :confused:

Dead-Space-Remake-Screenshot-2023-02-04-11-31-03-61.png

Back
Top Bottom