Dead Space (Remake)

Soldato
Frostbite engine always did like to use them CPU cores :)
As for the banding, it looks like some deliberate CRT/display style effect like you might see if you take a picture of one.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What CPU? I saw no change in my CPU temps playing this really, similar package utilisation too as yours.

Up to 50% utilisation at 63 degrees max, 12700KF.

I saw some of that banding in the menus too but it's more obvious when a photo is taken of the screen due to the way digital cams capture screen effects, whilst more subtle to the eyes in person.

Last edited:
Associate
Frostbite engine always did like to use them CPU cores :)
As for the banding, it looks like some deliberate CRT/display style effect like you might see if you take a picture of one.
Ah that is probably the reason then as this is the 1st Frostbite engine game i have played ( not a BF or SW fan ) , core usage was high as well which would lead to the temps increasing was just a bit surprised to see them up there :)

ah so the banding is like a vertical scan line option , maybe that's a new feature they are adding it to give it that retro feel ... i'm not a fan :cry:

Associate
What CPU? I saw no change in my CPU temps playing this really, similar package utilisation too as yours.

Up to 50% utilisation at 63 degrees max, 12700KF.

I saw some of that banding in the menus too but it's more obvious when a photo is taken of the screen due to the way digital cams capture screen effects, whilst more subtle to the eyes in person.
i9-10900k running stock , had utilization up near to 60% at certain points which is the highest ive ever seen it go in any game .... cod mw2 will have it sitting about 45% at 270+fps with much lower temps. Water temp was hot but would expect to see cpu sitting in the 60-70 range normally:confused:

For me the band was / is a prominent as it is on the pic , as well as the seeing it in the option menu also noticed it on the sections of the floor in certain bits , thats with the option set to Dead Space Remake , with the 2 options mentioned above set to alan wake remake i get no banding at all and looks perfect :)

Soldato
Having owned the original for over a decade and never really getting past 30 mins to an hour of it, I don’t understand why. I’m really enjoying it and until today had only played in the dark with headphones on. Dark/light makes no difference, it’s still creepy with me being on edge having a weapon aimed pretty much all the time.

Died once as I thought I could foot stomp a badly wounded enemy only to find out it had other ideas.

Associate
I’ve added rebar with my 10GB 3080 and a 5800x3d. Playing 4K DLSS Quality settings on ultra with. RT on. FPS increased 20-30 ish. One place level 3 I think near the end was a lot of action and the fps tanked to single digits. Not sure if that was an RT or not issue. On Reddit an Nvidia rep posted in that thread about RB that you might notice improvements in some areas and bad performance in other areas with RB on, they are still testing it. So far though I have not notice a negative impact other than that one area is high may or may not be associated with RB, RT or VRAM. I just turned RT off as it is limited in Dead Space me thinks and not worth it.

Associate
I’ve ran through the whole game again as I wanted to do the impossible achievement, I played the whole time with rebar on and the frame rate was absolutely fine for me and it never dropped below triple digits as far as I’ve could see. At 4K maxed out with RT on it stayed pretty much locked to my cap of 120fps with DLSS quality.

4090 (528.24)
5800X3D
Windows 11
GPU Hardware Scheduling in Windows on

Last edited:
Caporegime
I’ve added rebar with my 10GB 3080 and a 5800x3d. Playing 4K DLSS Quality settings on ultra with. RT on. FPS increased 20-30 ish. One place level 3 I think near the end was a lot of action and the fps tanked to single digits. Not sure if that was an RT or not issue. On Reddit an Nvidia rep posted in that thread about RB that you might notice improvements in some areas and bad performance in other areas with RB on, they are still testing it. So far though I have not notice a negative impact other than that one area is high may or may not be associated with RB, RT or VRAM. I just turned RT off as it is limited in Dead Space me thinks and not worth it.
Rebar can cause higher video memory usage in some apps so if you dropped to single digits it’s possible you saturated your 10GB frame buffer.
I'm already running into to trouble with VRAM on my 3080 and random low FPS (a memory leak?), ReBAR would only add to the problem so I haven't tested it.
Interesting computerbase speculated that 10GB might choke in Dead Space. @tommybhoy @Bill Turnip @gpuerrilla

Last edited:
Soldato
Rebar can cause higher video memory usage in some apps so if you dropped to single digits it’s possible you saturated your 10GB frame buffer.

Interesting computerbase speculated that 10GB might choke in Dead Space. @tommybhoy @Bill Turnip @gpuerrilla
Yes, I knew it would eventually be a problem, but I got this card for MSRP (3080 FE) so I was happy to compromise. I wonder if the game is bugged though or whether it really needs that much VRAM. Regardless, I expect to run into issues with only 10GB (even the 1080 TI had more!).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Playing lovely on my 5800x3d and 3080, rebar boosted fps form 80/90 to 100+ and had no fps drop issues, there is like a stutter every now and then in some areas, almost like shader stutter (despite shader compilation being done) but seems various setups are having this and looking at the patch notes, seems there are some issues with performance affecting some. Rebar can cause fps drops as it did for me in fc 6 so the Nvidia rep is 100% right there, so far have yet to experience this, if it does, I'll just turn it off and stick with 80 fps.

This is the kind of "stutter" I see:

PZJTdJG.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a 12900K at 5.2Ghz with an NVidia 1080 - game runs like utter ****. TAA on hovers between 15-20 fps, AMD's version was between 40-50 but image quality suffers. This was a few days after launch, has anything improved?

Was very disappointed to see performance this bad, i'm assuming it's got something to do with DX12 and my old card as I have this exact same issue on BF1 if I switch from DX11 to DX12.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Got a 12900K at 5.2Ghz with an NVidia 1080 - game runs like utter ****. TAA on hovers between 15-20 fps, AMD's version was between 40-50 but image quality suffers. This was a few days after launch, has anything improved?

Was very disappointed to see performance this bad, i'm assuming it's got something to do with DX12 and my old card as I have this exact same issue on BF1 if I switch from DX11 to DX12.
Patch 1.04 is out now, that is woeful performance though shouldn't be that bad surely.. my steam deck gets 50/60fps now with FSR balanced and medium/high details.

Associate

You are running a Tier J GPU on a top end game and you are wondering why performance is poor?

Permabanned
You are running a Tier J GPU on a top end game and you are wondering why performance is poor?

:confused: The GTX 1080 should be fine for this game, this person is running an i5-8400 with a GTX 1080 and getting near on 60fps, mostly ultra. TAA.

FSR is getting over 120fps in certain places.. so there is something wrong on @MrMarvelous end.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems to be running better for me on a 3060ti, before patches and Rebar enabled I would often go under 60 FPS at 3200x1800 quality DLSS, now it's over 60 the majority of the time, even in taxing moments.

Back
Top Bottom