Dead Space (Remake)

Soldato
getting decent FPS on this. Running at 1440p / High.

the only issue that is bugging me is there are some micro-stutters, is there any settings / configurations I should be looking at for this?

My GPU is pegged out most the time but temps are peaking at 61c - averaging 59-60c and the CPU is peaking at 71c - averaging 63c?

Soldato
getting decent FPS on this. Running at 1440p / High.

the only issue that is bugging me is there are some micro-stutters, is there any settings / configurations I should be looking at for this?

My GPU is pegged out most the time but temps are peaking at 61c - averaging 59-60c and the CPU is peaking at 71c - averaging 63c?

bringing this back up..

i am getting the same issue, with my 4070..really frustrating

any settings in particular i can try for this game??

Soldato
yep, deffiently DS issue. I just played some God Of War on 1440p high settings (no DLSS) and was getting great performance, FPS, noise, power draw, the LOT!

Associate
Nope - that's just DS on PC (unfortunately). Don't think this'll be getting any more updates either.
That's it sadly, there are traversal stutters when the game loads in new sections of the map (Digital Foundry covered it in their video regarding the PC version). The better your system the less of an impact they have, but I don't think they can be eliminated entirely.

Just started the game since it was added to GamePass and I'm hooked all over again. The additions really help the game shine, and visually it's fantastic, perfect showcase for OLED (I keep staring at the sparks!).

Associate
I didn't like the original, but this was a masterpiece. A few stutters for me, and quite a few crashes until I meddled about with the full-screen, windowed, borderless (I forget which combo worked best) but got it mostly sorted.
Would be nice if you could skip the cutscenes, shame they never got another patch out. Roll on DS2.

Caporegime
I didn't like the original, but this was a masterpiece. (snip)
Care to elaborate a bit? I enjoyed the original but the sequels not so much. Especially whichever one had the unkillable enemies that followed you around. Never bothered to complete that one.

Associate
Care to elaborate a bit? I enjoyed the original but the sequels not so much. Especially whichever one had the unkillable enemies that followed you around. Never bothered to complete that one.
All three games have those but you can destroy (or freeze them) in 1, the unkillable mob in 2 (Ubermorph) doesn't show up until near the end of the game - I guess you're probably referring to 3 which has a few locations where they show up.

Personally, I think DS2 is the best in the series and still a better game than even the remake.

Last edited:

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Started playing this today. Looks good and plays great. On the first level now, got to the bit where you have to redirect power to the doors by powering off the lights...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Started playing this today. Looks good and plays great. On the first level now, got to the bit where you have to redirect power to the doors by powering off the lights...

labyrinth-balls.gif

:p:cry::D

• Haha
Reactions: Raz

Raz

Raz

Soldato
So, on chapter three. So far so good. Slight seepage but I'm putting that down to my age.

I've started up the big spinning thing, and sorted out the fuel. In the area near where you get the ripper weapon there's a bench with a door leading to the calibration room and I can't get it open? A friend told me it should be open so I'm wondering if I missed a key or something.

Back
Top Bottom