Deathloop - from the people behind Dishonored and Prey

Soldato
I'm really liking it, too. I do like the style and feel of Arkane's games in general, I think.

But I don't think I've ever felt so uncertain in any game not only of what I need to do, but of any sense of progression towards a desired endpoint.

Which makes it perhaps even more surprising that I am so gripped by it.

Had a more productive run last night, and grabbed a nice slab that somewhat mimics the domino effect from Dishonored 2. I had a bit of fun with that, then killed a Julianna that dropped an upgrade for it. Yay!

Tried to hunt down someone in some weird game/tower type thing, but kept getting blown up by explosives I wasn't even seeing, so chickened out and scarpered with my newfound loot to infuse it.

Don't even know what I'm going to do next time I load it up...

Caporegime

At the beginning, it's wide open so you can literally choose whatever lead(s) you like, they're all listed in your menu screen.

I've just had my first encounter with Aleksis, it was completely mad. I don't even know how he died, I set up a couple of turrets in the entry hall and legged it round a corner and hid as there was a tonne of people rushing toward me. I was surprised when his death notice came up because weirdly his body was way back in the kitchen!

Ooh and getting my first orange weapon. It's a beauty especially when you use it with Nexus
the HALPS laser

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really liking it, too. I do like the style and feel of Arkane's games in general, I think.

But I don't think I've ever felt so uncertain in any game not only of what I need to do, but of any sense of progression towards a desired endpoint.

Which makes it perhaps even more surprising that I am so gripped by it.

Had a more productive run last night, and grabbed a nice slab that somewhat mimics the domino effect from Dishonored 2. I had a bit of fun with that, then killed a Julianna that dropped an upgrade for it. Yay!

Tried to hunt down someone in some weird game/tower type thing, but kept getting blown up by explosives I wasn't even seeing, so chickened out and scarpered with my newfound loot to infuse it.

Persevere with that game tower. You get one of the most useful slabs there, imo

Soldato
At the beginning, it's wide open so you can literally choose whatever lead(s) you like, they're all listed in your menu screen.

I've just had my first encounter with Aleksis, it was completely mad. I don't even know how he died, I set up a couple of turrets in the entry hall and legged it round a corner and hid as there was a tonne of people rushing toward me. I was surprised when his death notice came up because weirdly his body was way back in the kitchen!

Ooh and getting my first orange weapon. It's a beauty especially when you use it with Nexus
the HALPS laser

Nice. I am bumbling around a bit and mostly aiming for people who sound lilke they have good weapons or slabs to steal.

Persevere with that game tower. You get one of the most useful slabs there, imo

Ok! I think I have two time periods left in my current day, then I can try for another slab upgrade in the morning and go back to that tower at noon. Think it's back to the complex next, but can't remember whether it said to go there in the afternoon or evening.

Caporegime
Well I've just done the final loop. Not nearly as complicated as I was expecting it to be. It just follows on through all the things you've done in previous loops. I thought you would have to do every single thing all in one day but not at all.

Overall, I throughly enjoyed it. I did think I would be bored of doing the same maps over and over but I still kept finding new things every time I visited them.

There seem to be quite a bit that I didn't discover, such as various codes for doors and how to unlock all the different outfits. But I've had my fill for now.
So another great game from Arkane. Easily lives up to Dishonored series.

Last edited:
Soldato
Argh. Playing the level where you need to start two power generators. Had a good look around, and found some batteries only for the game to crash when I tried to use them. Very annoying since there is no quicksave and I'll need to do the whole leverl again next time I load it up. I was having a great time with it up to that point as well. Anyone else have that? I see a few results Googling for it so it doesn't look like it's just me. Will try again and see if I need to do anything to solve it.

Caporegime
One thing I am wondering, if you reset the game so you start again from scratch, will it let me input the codes I've written down from my played game or are they all generated afresh for a new playthrough?

Soldato
Not what has happened but I am not enjoying this playthrough, the enemies seem to do major damage from far of whilst my shots just tickle them. I have lost count how many time I have tried to complete the Harriet mission, came close a couple of times but failed at the last hurdle. Must say the game is becoming annoying and I will give it another day before uninstalling.

Caporegime
Not what has happened but I am not enjoying this playthrough, the enemies seem to do major damage from far of whilst my shots just tickle them. I have lost count how many time I have tried to complete the Harriet mission, came close a couple of times but failed at the last hurdle. Must say the game is becoming annoying and I will give it another day before uninstalling.

Maybe try increasing your reprises to infinite to get you past a tricky session and then switch it back again? Only works when you are playing single-player though.

Soldato
I seem to have some sort of system bottleneck with this game, CPU and GPU usage is low but getting 90-110FPS. Cant really figure it out.

Soldato
I think it was options then accessibility. Not sure you can do it whilst you're on location, you might only be able to do it when you're back at base and doing your loadouts.
Lol, I went back to have one last go for the day and aced it, no deaths at all but I almost copped it on the way back by being to greedy for residuum. :D :D :D

Soldato
I ended up uninstalling this as it was unplayable. After an hour of running, it would drop to single digital fps levels. Same results on two systems, both of which have been used to run multiple other games without issues. The only temporary resolution was to reset the game just before transitioning to another map. Shame.

Back
Top Bottom