1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deathloop - from the people behind Dishonored and Prey

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Tombstone, 14 Nov 2020.

1. nine_tails

Wise Guy

Sounds like a pain. How long is a level approx ?

2. venomx

Hitman

It's really frustrating, that all the work counts for nothing if you don't do it within the day. You can however keep your weapons so you don't lose them if you fail the level.

It's subjective to how you approach the level and which visionary your after. The main aim of each level is to find and defeat the visionary. You can run in, kill them and then run back out again to complete the level. Or you can do it stealthily.
    There are also side jobs.

Each level has varying difficulty, some you can do in 10 mins and some take about 25 mins

3. Worthy

Don

I still haven’t bought this yet but you’re the first person I’ve heard compare it to Valorant. How does it remind you of Valorant?

4. venomx

Hitman

Because it's quite cartoony with a fair bit of light hearted humour.
    To me it just has a very valorant feel to it

5. Junglist

Sgarrista

It's completely different to any game I've ever played so I'm finding it a bit tricky but I'll get used to it.

6. venomx

Hitman

Yeah some levels are really tricky and can take a few attempts.
    Also you cannot select a difficulty for the campaign so it's just one level

Really annoying how you have to do a whole mission again if you don't defeat the loop within one day. spent hours doing one of them, and now I have to do it again... aagagh :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7A-xbYoqlY

Last edited: 16 Sep 2021
  7. Junglist

Sgarrista

I can see my patience and short attention span causing me many issues! Hopefully the more I play it the more I'll get to grips with the style.

8. McBain

Capodecina

Not overly impressed with the gunplay so far, the nail gun for instance seems to be like a laser :p

The AI is abysmal as well.

9. opethdisciple

Capodecina

Apparently it's caused by the game not hitting 100+ FPS.

10. robfosters

Caporegime

Is this game straightforward to play? I really get bored quickly with games that too complex or confusing.

11. Tombstone

Capodecina

Not one for you I'd say , its not complex per se but it can be confusing at times.

12. McBain

Capodecina

Yeah it's information overload at the start, it's not a straight forward shooter.

13. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I hadn't noticed stuttering but Alex Battaglia (Digital Foundry) seems to think it's a high frame rate issue and if you lock it at 60fps it goes away

I use Xbox controller and I guess that's why I wasn't seeing the issue, and I've since limited it to 60fps anyway, which I don't seem to have trouble locking to at 4k/ultra - But that's where the 3090 comes in handy.

14. Junglist

Sgarrista

I did notice it was set to locked 60 when i first tried, maybe I'll give that a go again!

15. venomx

Hitman

In my opinion it's a fairly difficult game to figure out how the loop works etc but you do learn slowly as you progress.
    Be prepared to have to do missions again and again.

16. hyperseven

Sgarrista

after the RE8 debacle if a game has Denuvo and has graphical hitching the D gets the blame :D

17. venomx

Hitman

Can someone explain how to stop having to redo missions and the same visionary over and over again ? It all has to be done within one day, and if it gets to the next day then you start again ??

I've figured out how to keep slabs

18. VincentHanna

Capodecina

You need to manipulate events to the point they change their routine and appear together.

For instance breaking an experiment so that an eternalist attends the party at night

19. venomx

Hitman

OK lol. Sounds well beyond my IQ then.

20. venomx

Hitman

Spend half hour doing a level, get killed right at the end and then start again. Great.

Usually you die three times and then have to start from the beginning. I just died once and had to redo the whole mission, confused ?