Decent smelling body spray ?

If you're funky by 2pm it's probably not sweat that's the root cause but bacteria and perhaps your sweat providing a good environment for them to grow.
I'd try an anti bacterial soap and see if that helps.

Dove 'clean comfort' Shower gel and Deoderant here...

Does exactly what it says on the tin... smells nice and clean and fresh without being in your face, it just smells nice.

I’ve heard good things about Dove, they’re supposedly gentle on the skin. I’m currently finishing off a tube of fcuk body wash, but have bought 6 x 450ml bottles of Radox shower gel from Amazon for £8.26 They should last me quite awhile, but I’m not scared to use the stuff and when they run out I’ll just buy some more or maybe try Dove.

I’ve heard good things about Dove, they’re supposedly gentle on the skin. I’m currently finishing off a tube of fcuk body wash, but have bought 6 x 450ml bottles of Radox shower gel from Amazon for £8.26 They should last me quite awhile, but I’m not scared to use the stuff and when they run out I’ll just buy some more or maybe try Dove.

Give it a go... It's a nice an subtle fresh and clean fragrance.. Subtle enough that you can wear some EDT as well if you want without having a clash of fragrances.

They do a few different ones, but 'clean comfort' is the one to go for IMO.

Last edited:
Diet contributes to sweat smell - those people chomping on fast food or excess red meat, garlic's obviously a culprit too
memorable article I read on how Japanese could smell the distinct/unpleasant odour of westerners at the airport.
- coton T shirt, too.

I didn't seem to sweat or smell much earlier in life, but in my late 20s anxiety took hold or something. I can shower in the morning and arrive at work damp, and smell by end of day.

Anti perspirants don't really work as I'd like and I don't enjoy the feeling of clogging my pores daily.

What has worked for me is addressing the skin balance, biome stuff, and bacterial stuff. In the past I used alum block after washing and that helps. Lasts forever - just rub it on damp pits. Now I use a product you apply twice a week that somehow stops the smell from developing:

This is the longest I've gone without feeling the BO smell creeping in over time - I used to have to change antiperspirant brands every few months as they lost effectiveness. I use a cheap spray deodorant over the top of this for nice smells daily.

Same goes for showering/bathing - used to be daily or more, but my skin dries out in winter. I've settled on a routine of roughly every other day - 36-48 hours generally. I find the more frequently I shower the faster I feel grimy, so the skin probably adjusts over time.

Diet contributes to sweat smell - those people chomping on fast food or excess red meat, garlic's obviously a culprit too
memorable article I read on how Japanese could smell the distinct/unpleasant odour of westerners at the airport.
- coton T shirt, too.
Life without excess red meat and garlic would be rather sad.

Its not that I smell it's a case of 34c on a hot day , with physical work at that temp I will just be damp and not feeling fresh .
Other cooler easy peasy days no probs .
Btw I don't mention this a lot but I am vegan so don't eat red meat I also don't eat sugary things , my vice been 2 bottles of red a week and a 6 pack of crisps.
Not ignoring the comments so I stuck some rock face in my basket and looking at the other suggestions

Its not that I smell it's a case of 34c on a hot day , with physical work at that temp I will just be damp and not feeling fresh .
Other cooler easy peasy days no probs .
Btw I don't mention this a lot but I am vegan so don't eat red meat I also don't eat sugary things , my vice been 2 bottles of red a week and a 6 pack of crisps.
Not ignoring the comments so I stuck some rock face in my basket and looking at the other suggestions
Mitchum roll on. Sprays are cancer in a tin

Does exactly what it says on the tin... smells nice and clean and fresh without being in your face, it just smells nice.

This. I hate deoderant or shower gel with much of a scent, goes for my asthma. Thisnis so neutral but still nice its great. Got more expensive recently mind you.

Nivea sensitive protect is also nice and neutral

Haha... I didn't realise dove also do a stick.. Might be better than a spray health wise.
I can't find any conclusive studies that sprays are bad but not much proof they are harmless either so a stick /roll on might be my next purchase to try out.

I can't find any conclusive studies that sprays are bad but not much proof they are harmless either so a stick /roll on might be my next purchase to try out.
I’ve ordered some Dove clean comfort body wash and some Dove clean comfort roll on antiperspirant from Amazon, same price as Boots online and unlikely to be cheaper in the supermarket. Bought six bottles of Radox shower gel for £8.26 just last week but never mind that’s not much.

Also been reading that it’s better to apply antiperspirant at bedtime as the body sweats less overnight which enables the antiperspirant to work better.

I've discovered there's two types of Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Deodorant Roll-On. There's the newer 72 hour one...

https://www.dove.com/uk/p/men+care-advanced-clean-comfort-antiperspirant-deodorant-roll-on.html/00000059092582

Then there's the older 48 hour one...

https://www.dove.com/uk/p/men-care-clean-comfort-deodorant-stick.html/00000050220021

The 48 hour one is actually more expensive, plus from reading reviews on Amazon the bottle size of the 48 hour one has reduced, although it still has 50ml in it.

Here's a photo I got from an Amazon review of the different sizes.

6Kxa7ie.jpeg

I don't use deodorants these days. I just get nicely showered with some good smelling shower gels,

I have some sex panther in the cupboard for special occasions

I would recommend using a salt deodorant. They are extremely effective and leave no residue.
I use this in crystal stick format. I should add they last for literally years, so very cost effective.

Then just use a nice eu de toilette.

Last edited:
Used the rock face today, it's definitely a cover up job not that I needed it , I will use it but a little too sweet smelling for me , I noticed the 2 dove sticks in Tesco at 3 for 2 (not sure if 24 HR 72 HR or both) I could combo those with Davidoff cool water I have

Back
Top Bottom