Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
Just seen "Educationaltoys" have there listing on there again. Telling you to email 1st lol, probably want you to pay outside of the normal payment methods.

I emailed the seller, and as predicted he/she tried to arrange payment outside the amazon marketplace.
I'ts so hard to find good 1440p 144hz monitor in affordable prices.My budget is maximum £400 set by my gf :(

Associate
There is a Facebook page that is placing all the names of these scammers. As someone else said it's new accounts or they are hacked one's. Shame people have to go to these lengths !

Underboss
Those sellers are scams, avoid. I did some digging into one that popped up with identical stock on their shop as those zero feedback shops, but they had around 1000 5star feedback, did some digging on google with their shop name as I wasn't convinced still (their shop was called educational toys or something like that), found a website for them and they had a news item in there saying their amazon account had been hacked in December.

. Can't wait to receive it, just need to get a new 1070 to go with it as I've had to send back my Asus Strix 1070 as it was too big for my case :(

ive been looking at another monitor for a couple of weeks and noticed a german seller on the rain forest, great price, zero feedback, new seller but from Germany i avoided it, glad i did now !

not seen it as low as that yet from a good seller, but ideally don't want to pay over £400 for a new one, s/h trying to get one for £300 at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
The problem is the price has risen again, stock of the sub £500 aren't in. We will have to pay way over £500 if we want it sooner.

** No Competitors, please re-read the FAQ **

It my own fault for not buying back in the summer. Will keep watching the site's or jump on a Acer predator IPS second hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Been tracking the S2716DG since the start of this year. Every day I look at pricespy and every other website I find. No luck for trying to find it sub 500 yet. Still keeping my hopes up.

Associate
Got my monitor through, and it's an A03. Really pleased with it, it's made my old 22" asus look horrendous as a second monitor though, lol. Just about to play with the settings, but the screen is so uniform, it looks fantastic.

Associate
Finally have this looking great. After about a week of messing with countless ICC profiles and setting in NCP I found myself over thinking the whole thing! I set everything back to stock and had a go with the Windows 10 monitor calibration wizard. All I did was pop up the lagon gamma test and adjust the windows gamma to 2.2. Look better than any ICC profile I tried.

The interesting thing is that when I do this with NCP and then go to the 'black levels' test in lagom I cannot see the first 7 or 8 black boxes. When I set the gamma with the windows wizard, I can see all but the first!

Strange.

For me it seems simplicity is the key, sticking with the windows wizard and not bothering with downloaded ICC profiles.

Back
Top Bottom