Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
Just to add my settings with a revision A03:

Monitor:

Brightness: 40%, Contrast: 75%, R:96 G:95 B:96

NVidia control panel:

Brightness and contrast 50%, Gamma 0.63, digital vibrance 65%.

Soldato
Just to add my settings with a revision A03:

Monitor:

Brightness: 40%, Contrast: 75%, R:96 G:95 B:96

NVidia control panel:

Brightness and contrast 50%, Gamma 0.63, digital vibrance 65%.

Just trying your settings out myself and they have really helped..

Thanks for posting them :)

Associate
I got an a04 revision yesterday, manufacture date November 2016.
how can i check for colour banding? Is there a program or something?

Soldato
Don't look for it, use it normally and see if you notice anything. I have a dead pixel on mine, never notice it. Have to lean close to see it. Maybe I need glasses :).

Can't believe I paid £400 for this monitor when I bought it. Without the dead pixel I could prob sell it for a profit :).

Associate
Can't get the monitor out of sleep, windows 10 turned it off and nothing will bring it back on.
even powering off at plug it goes straight back into sleep.
any ideas please.

Man of Honour
Remove all leads including power for 2-3 minutes then start it up with nothing else connected or connected to a different device if possible and see if you can disable deep sleep (under others option at the bottom) in the OSD before connecting a source (you might need to keep pressing the OSD button closest to the power LED on starting it up to bring it out of sleep mode).

EDIT: Hopefully that wakes it up again - you might find you need to change which DP connection on the GPU or even the lead if it continues to happen after disabling deep sleep.

Last edited:
Associate
Remove all leads including power for 2-3 minutes then start it up with nothing else connected or connected to a different device if possible and see if you can disable deep sleep (under others option at the bottom) in the OSD before connecting a source (you might need to keep pressing the OSD button closest to the power LED on starting it up to bring it out of sleep mode).

EDIT: Hopefully that wakes it up again - you might find you need to change which DP connection on the GPU or even the lead if it continues to happen after disabling deep sleep.
thanks mate.
ok now
turned off deep sleep,hopefully be ok now.

Man of Honour
From a quick google doesn't seem like the monitor likes sleep mode in Windows 10 much - there are 1-2 options in the OS people suggest turning off to make it work better.

Associate
Prices weren't going to go down after Brexit. There was a popular belief amongst brexiters that was going like that: "if the pound goes down, prices should go down too, right?" Well, I'll always remember that one!

Associate
received my dell monitor yesterday and this is my 2nd one..to me out of the box the colour settings were excellent and I haven't finetuned anything on it whereas on the previous one I had to do some tweaking..must check to see what revision it is. But overall extremely happy with it..Battlefield 1 looks amazing with g sync

Back
Top Bottom