Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
I turned off deep sleep too, it was problematic.

Be aware that with deep sleep off the monitor will consume 13w. With in enabled it consumes 0.3w.

I just re enabled deep sleep after I discovered this. If you need to wake the monitor just press on of the HW buttons. Simples.

Man of Honour
Be aware that with deep sleep off the monitor will consume 13w. With in enabled it consumes 0.3w.

I just re enabled deep sleep after I discovered this. If you need to wake the monitor just press on of the HW buttons. Simples.

Deep sleep can cause a few problems that aren't as simple as pressing one of the HW buttons. The extra standby wattage sucks but it may be more desirable. According to the power meter my PC is routed through it is more like 4-5 watt though - for some reason seems to fluctuate a bit not sure if its periodically waking up a bit more to check if it should be doing something.

Associate
Deep sleep can cause a few problems that aren't as simple as pressing one of the HW buttons. The extra standby wattage sucks but it may be more desirable. According to the power meter my PC is routed through it is more like 4-5 watt though - for some reason seems to fluctuate a bit not sure if its periodically waking up a bit more to check if it should be doing something.

What are the other problems? I have used this monitor for months and only notice that with deep sleep enabled it sometimes requires the HW buttons to be pressed to resume from sleep. Other than that I have yet to notice anything else.

Soldato

Turned it back on then, cheers :D

This monitor price fluctuates like nothing else. Can be had for $410 in the US. We are expected to pay £550. **** Brexit!

Indeed, glad I managed to get it for £499 though.

Soldato
Or even a 970? Trying to find 2x 27" screens to replace my random 29" and 24" setup is frustrating! Not convinced spending over a grand on two new monitors is a good option (before even considering whether to factor in a new GPU!!)

Soldato
I'm enjoying the monitor.. so far no problems.

I'd love a second one to replace this older hdmi 1080p monitor.. i wish the price would come down though. It looks like the new IPS monitor will be costing less than this tn monitor.. unless they swap the prices around at some point.

Where are you guys buying b-grade monitors from? I havent seen this monitor on OcUK site.. or do I need to check each day?

Man of Honour
^^ Just be careful if you are trying to source a second one from b-grade or second hand from other sources than OcUK - there are a couple of known scammers trying it on with this model on a couple of well known sites (they are pretty obvious as they have very low or no previous sales).

Soldato
Well, I've just spent an exceedingly large amount of money on two of these so here's hoping that 1) they're good and 2) my gfx card can handle it!

Associate
Its a wonderful monitor once you change the colour profile, comes with a really high gamma setting making it seem washed out. Updated the nvidia colour settings and its on par with my ips now.

Ole

Ole

Associate
Considering picking up one of these monitors. It will be my first 144hz, so pretty excited. Recently upgraded my GPU, but my CPU is getting pretty old now. Specs:
  • Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 (small overclock to 4k)
  • GeForce GTX 1060 Mini 6144MB
  • Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
I'm playing Overwatch pretty much exclusively at the moment. Do you think I'll be able to run the monitor at decent settings?

Associate
Or even a 970? Trying to find 2x 27" screens to replace my random 29" and 24" setup is frustrating! Not convinced spending over a grand on two new monitors is a good option (before even considering whether to factor in a new GPU!!)

how would a 1070 do on this ?

6000kr in sweden ludicrous price tbh..... over 500 quid.

I run this display with a 1080, but previously ran it with a 980. It is acceptable with a 980 and some games can still push really high framerates (like overwatch) but there is no comparison to the performance I get with the 1080. I think the 1070 would be more than capable of driving this monitor comfortably. 970 maybe not so much.

Back
Top Bottom