Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
Just got this screen and new graphics card. I have no experience of gsync or 1440p. Does this sound normal:

Asus GTX 1070 overclocked version, i5 [email protected]

Rainbow Six Siege on ultra settings, no AA, getting 60-90 fps.

I was surprised how much the frame rate tanks when I turn some AA on even though I don't need it.

bru

bru

Soldato
oh great my monitor has just given up the ghost, just gives a grey screen with lines all over it, even under self test mode.
At least Dell are sending out a new one straight away.

Associate
I got some thing to say here....Been through the ips 1440p/144+Hz range, 3 different brands. Trying for a good ips panel and I realise that there are people out there that are diggin there 1440p ips panel. Every single panel I purchased had issues. From dead pixels to Back light bleed and both combined. The Dell s27 is a tn panel but if you get revision A04 (written on side of box) I find it has really good color and will make you feel justified you dropped 500+ squid on a monitor. G sync 144Hz is the dogs danglies. Don't compromise and get some faulty/crap ips panel that your not happy with. 10/10 for this display. Anyway my 10 cents to all you guys looking to go 1440p and are worried about all the quality control issues on monitors these days.

Caporegime
I got some thing to say here....Been through the ips 1440p/144+Hz range, 3 different brands. Trying for a good ips panel and I realise that there are people out there that are diggin there 1440p ips panel. Every single panel I purchased had issues. From dead pixels to Back light bleed and both combined. The Dell s27 is a tn panel but if you get revision A04 (written on side of box) I find it has really good color and will make you feel justified you dropped 500+ squid on a monitor. G sync 144Hz is the dogs danglies. Don't compromise and get some faulty/crap ips panel that your not happy with. 10/10 for this display. Anyway my 10 cents to all you guys looking to go 1440p and are worried about all the quality control issues on monitors these days.

Good to know that the A04 has a lot of fixed issues :)

I'd have certainly no problem going back to a good fast 144Hz Gsync TN panel, my old Swift was VERY responsive :cool:

Associate
So next problem with the monitor I can't get any sound when connected with DP. HDMI was working fine but won't support 144Hz and with DP I can't get any sound from my speakers at all. I don't know if the problem is:
A: The cable
B: The DP port of my screen
C: The DP ports of my GPU

Any help would be appreciated

Man of Honour
btw this monitor does not have speakers

I just assumed the poster had speakers plugged into the monitor :s

Playing sound through the monitor HD Audio device on this Dell is surprisingly high quality - tiny bit down on micro-detail compared to my X-Fi but decently clear with a good tonal quality a little dry and bright but nothing major and tight well produced bass - on some monitors I've tried it the bass has really suffered.

Man of Honour
Can someone confirm the dimensions without stand for me? Thanks

Not sure exactly what you are looking for but it is something like 61.3cm wide, 36.5cm high and 5.6cm deep - hard to get the height and depth 100% accurate due to the shape but its within a couple of mm or so.

Back
Top Bottom