Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Soldato
My current one is fine.
I purchased when it was on sale after Christmas and it was damaged by the courier.
Wish I'd switched it on now to find out if there were any issues but very happy with my replacement.

Soldato
Got mine for £429.99 and very happy with it. Yes I did have a weird purple hue on one part of the screen and a dead pixel on my first one but the replacement has been spot on. Very impressive monitor imo.

Soldato
It's in the Week Deals section so we have time to think about it. Personally because of my graphics card wont really max out everything at 1440p and get 60+ FPS this monitor would be a good stop gap for later this year until the new GPUs come out.

Was looking at selling my Asus 24" and second hand they don't go for much, cost me £160 when I bought it.

Associate
New Profile for lower luminance 100 cd/m^2

I'm going to try and get help from someone to make this better as his workflow is not automated and yet he get's higher contrast ratios and lower black luminance whilst retaining 6500k whitepoint and gamma 2.2. So this will probably be replaced at a later date for a better one.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5cNNyJqRoXXZnk2TUZBdkJmcWc&usp=sharing

Thanks Twirlywoos for your continued work on providing us with better ICC profiels to improve this fantastic screen.

Is this new profile your "go to" profile?

Associate
I think some may just be on there for regretful buyers.. " oh a sale I must buy that"

well hopefully those units arent the reason for the sale, because i bit the bullet and got one. will post again when it arrives tomorrow.

if a monitor has been returned with no defects, do they have to sell it as B grade?

Soldato
well hopefully those units arent the reason for the sale, because i bit the bullet and got one. will post again when it arrives tomorrow.

if a monitor has been returned with no defects, do they have to sell it as B grade?

If it has been rejected and unopened. Then no.

If it has been opened then legally they cannot sell it as new.

Soldato
I gave up on this money and accidentally bought some sennhieser m2. Plus I've ordered the rift. So I have no money left to justify such a purchase. Maybe next year now for me.

Back
Top Bottom