DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Associate
Switched the present from Standard to Custom Colour today and changed the RGB gain to R-96/ G-96 / B-99 after trying all kinds of combinations. Managed to improve the colours even more!

Such an amazing image. Using just 20 for brightness (up to 60 seems fine before image quality is lost) as I don't have strong light sources in this room. Contrast is the default 75. With the monitor connected by Display port for the 155Hz overclock.

Not found any other settings that have a perceivable influence over the image quality.

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
i settled on 35 and 75 which seems to be just about right on this panel for me. av not touched any colour settings though.

Soldato
Got the monitor on Wednesday and am very pleased with it. Could not believe how bright it was when i first turned it on
Been playing around with settings based on some of what has been suggested here.

Settled on
R - 96 G - 96 B - 99 (thanks Firejack)
Brightness - 25
Contrast - 75

Viewing angles really are not that bad and no faulty pixels. Pleased with it still having the USB hub as i used then all the time on my old monitor.

Overall very happy with it and actually think it was worth £350 (most i have spent on a monitor).

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
should try firejacks settings and go from there bud. av not used any of the presets at all.

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
just keep upping the brightness till you hit a level you like, mine eventually was 35 where am happy and leaving it at that.

Soldato
I am generally happy with the S2719DGF with one cause for concern. Had to google the issue not come across it before, vertical scan lines.

Only happens if I set a game in full screen mode and so far only in two games.

C.O.D M.W Remastered, only when looking down a scope, Assassins Creed Origin, sky is filled with them.
Switching out of full screen in both titles resolves the issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
maybe try updating the monitor driver if your using the microsoft generic one. no idea how to help other than that.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/product-support/product/dell-s2719dgf-monitor/drivers

Thanks. I had forgotten to install it.

Checked the dell forum, number of users reporting it, toggling the resolution is one possible fix. One other common cause appears to be NVIDIA adaptive sync.

Turning adaptive sync off clears the issue for me.

Fortunately its only occurring in full screen mode and works perfectly with adaptive sync in other modes.

So hopefully just an early day bug that's fixed with a driver or firmware update.

Built in diagnostic with the monitor, dell recommend running it if this occurs, as its new I will run a full check, sure it will be fine.

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
yeah i imagine with it being early days for nvidia and adaptive sync they'll be numerous bugs cropping up for them to attend to.

Soldato
yeah i imagine with it being early days for nvidia and adaptive sync they'll be numerous bugs cropping up for them to attend to.

Just downloaded the driver. You're suggestion worked! Nice one ree!!!!!! Got the display manger as well which will come in handy so double good.

Soldato
So this arrived yesterday, and I have set it up, but not had a chance to edit any settings yet.

Any specific tips for FreeSync when gaming? i.e. V-Sync on or off? Frame limits? Anything else?

All help and support welcome, as this is my first FreeSync monitor :)

Associate
Got my AG271QX yesterday. It love it. From the front, it’s not ostentatious at all, despite the gaming motifs on the back. Tge stand weighs a tone and is sturdy as hell. The screen feels so secure - the height adjust, rotate and tilt feel rock solid. As for the performance, I’m running it 1440p using a GTX 1070 and Ryzen 5 2600X, aet to Tom Hardware’s calibration at 40% brightness. It’s the first time I’ve used a 1080p+ monitor (been on a 2560x1600 MacBook Pro the last six years and a 1080p 32” 50-60hz TV as a monitor for my NUC).

Blimey, it looks good. Yes, if you go looking got them, the viewing angles aren’t great but only if you contort yourself to find poor angles. Straight on, it looks mega. And everything is so smooth, ooof :D.

Soldato
V-Sync on in Nvidia control panel, off in games.
Use RTSS to set a frame rate cap of 141 or 152 depending on if you overclock.

:)

If it's not to much trouble, could you elaborate on the RTSS bit? (step by step if you don't mind, never used the software before)

New to Free Sync as well and that bit has baffled me. :p

Got Nvidia Control Panel set up and thought that was all i had to do.

Thanks in advance. :)

Soldato
If it's not to much trouble, could you elaborate on the RTSS bit? (step by step if you don't mind, never used the software before)

New to Free Sync as well and that bit has baffled me. :p

Got Nvidia Control Panel set up and thought that was all i had to do.

Thanks in advance. :)

Yes going into the control panel is all you have to do. RTSS is just the most effective tool to limit frame rates. Some folks seem to find it effective at reducing stuttering and tearing above 144 hz. I don't think particularly in the early days of the monitor you have to turn it on by default. Just think of it as tool you can deploy and experiment with. Its very easy to use.

I find as I am not use to the speed yet, the monitor runs like lightning no matter what, as its new its also useful to understand how the monitor responds at higher frame rates.

If you want to test out that g sync is actually working and use dells frame rate timer to see that 144 hz is dynamically adjusting, you want to keep RTSS turned off as it seems (at least with my set up) to interfere with dells timer, it just displays a flickering 144 hz in the timer.

I have it installed, treat it as a useful tool to experiment and test with. i.e if I run into any issues running over 144 hz, RTSS is the most effective tool to limit frame rates and determine if that is indeed the cause. Cranking up image settings in- game is a simpler way i.e metro last light can move from 200 fps to 80- 100 fps at the press of an in-game graphic setting.

I keep it turned of at the moment as the easy way to test g-sync is working in game and working as it should is to enable the 'g sync compatible indicator' in the Nividia control panel ( hit 'set up g sync' then 'display' tab at the very top right edge) and have Dells response timer to see that the hz range is dynamical adjusting in line with frame rate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom