*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
I am on my fourth U2410 and it was working perfectly about 30 minutes ago. My experience with Dell's support team is that they are generally helpful. I can't believe I'll be back on the phone to them tomorrow though.

To anyone thinking of buying this monitor, don't! I cannot believe a company as big as Dell can ship products which have so many obvious faults. I don't think I'll ever be buying from Dell again.
Having also gotten a laptop from them, I'm very much inclined to agree. The problem is that Dell are building things to a certain price point, even if that means that a certain percentage of those products are going to exhibit problems due to some of their choices - They just hope most people are lazy and either don't notice or don't create any fuss if they experience the problems.

Associate
MKay you were right, I needed to change a few things in color management, calibrate and bingo, no more tints on windows picture viewer, thanks :)

Associate
Right, I'm ging to have to say this again.

DO NOT BUY THIS MONITOR

I have just had quite a heated discussion with a representative from Dell's technical support team. My monitor has an obvious problem in that it will only power up intermittently. I told Dell about this and the fact that this is my fourth U2410. For the time I have wasted, the money I have spent on the monitor itself and calls to Dell, I said I would only accept a new replacement and not a refurbished unit. I also enquired about the supposed firmware update that has been mentioned on the Dell Forums.

The representative claimed they new nothing about a firmware update and that there is a possibility that the forum member who mentioned the update doesn't even work for Dell??? He claimed that they have no reported issues with the monitor.

The result of all this. More time wasted talking to them, they will not send a new monitor and will not admit a firmware update is coming.

Is it just me or are they just completely taking the ****?

I AM NEVER BUYING FROM DELL AGAIN.

Soldato
Lol i'm loving where every 1 is say "omg dont buy this monitor". lol you make me laugh, seriously. Not every single monitor that is made is going to be perfect, there are always "duff" monitors out there when made lol, so stop complaining.

Associate
Lol i'm loving where every 1 is say "omg dont buy this monitor". lol you make me laugh, seriously. Not every single monitor that is made is going to be perfect, there are always "duff" monitors out there when made lol, so stop complaining.

I think I'm being quite reasonable. This is now my fourth U2410 which is faulty. This isn't me being fussy, this is a genuine hardware problem and the same problem I had with the first unit. Luck plays a part, but this is just Dell being lax with their quality control.

Associate
And Jag's not the only one.. it took me 5 attempts and my current monitor (which I can live with) still has mild tint gradation and a dead pixel. People looking for perfection? Hardly. Just people looking for something half-decent, which I think is hardly unreasonable given we're spending £450 on a monitor. Perhaps if Dell were charging us £266, like they charge Hong Kong for the exact same monitor, the massively variable quality control would be a tad more forgivable. Do you even own a U2410? If you don't it makes your comments all the more retarded..

Last edited:
Associate

This is a huge insult to the hundreds of people that have suffered over this monitor. If you haven't taken the time to read through this thread, The Dell community thread and the Hardforum thread can I suggest you keep out of it, you're out of your depth.

Soldato
This is a huge insult to the hundreds of people that have suffered over this monitor. If you haven't taken the time to read through this thread, The Dell community thread and the Hardforum thread can I suggest you keep out of it, you're out of your depth.
Why don't all these people just send it back and get a refund if it's this bad :confused:..

and go buy another monitor with there refunded money..

Associate
Why don't all these people just send it back and get a refund if it's this bad :confused:..

and go buy another monitor with there refunded money..

If Dell offered a refund I'd gladly accept. Unfortunately the reseller only offers a refund 7 days after the purchase date. If someone knows something about trading standards which would allow me to get my money back 2 months after the purchase date then please tell me?

I just wish my monitor worked. It looks great when it's on, I don't notice the tint issue, I'd even put up with the shocking split line in the top right corner of my unit where the fascia doesn't quite fit properly. But having a monitor which switches on intermittently is something I'm not going to put up with.

Dell should take a close look at how Apple do things.

Soldato

Lol grow up mate. It's a monitor right, make sure its fully calabrated etc as people have said it need correctly setting up. If you got any problems, simply rma it lol, people act like some one is dieing "oh no stay out of it". Lol, grow up.

Associate
Lol grow up mate. It's a monitor right, make sure its fully calabrated etc as people have said it need correctly setting up. If you got any problems, simply rma it lol, people act like some one is dieing "oh no stay out of it". Lol, grow up.

Thanks for your input. I have in fact RMA'd it 4 times and I now have a really good one. That doesn't mean the complaints are legitimate. It has been a lot of grief.

Soldato
Thanks for your input. I have in fact RMA'd it 4 times and I now have a really good one. That doesn't mean the complaints are legitimate. It has been a lot of grief.

So why say "you have offended 100's of people" for saying that people make me laugh, all they have to do is rma it. From what I said earlier, nothing is perfect, you will always find something wrong lol. Good luck with you "fine U2410"

Associate
So why say "you have offended 100's of people" for saying that people make me laugh, all they have to do is rma it. From what I said earlier, nothing is perfect, you will always find something wrong lol. Good luck with you "fine U2410"

As the saying goes...

If you have nothing useful to say, shut the **** up!

Everyone in this thread has the right expect a better quality screen for the price. Yeah a few duff ones can leak through, but not to the extent that is being witnessed with this screen.

Be quiet, sit in the corner and leave the discussions to sensible people.

Associate
Ok, so I've got a Dell 2407 which I've very very happy with and a second arm waiting for my new U2410 to sit in. I'll be paying £345 for it. The order goes in first thing tomorrow along with a work order.

I'm guessing the reaction will be not to get it. Even for that price? And if not what else do I get?
I would prefer to have something that looked good on an arm next to a 2407 rather than something that looked totally different or that was totally rubbish.

I won't be using photoshop much, its mostly gaming, video and programming.

Soldato
Grow up you say these ppl have paid nearly £500 for a monitor that doesn't work properly they have every right to moan and bitch about Dell, if the product they have bought is not working correctly as i would too.
As for Rma like somebody has already said that Dell have refused a RMA for this fault so its not that simple is it.

There is clearly a fault if you search on various forums,like another poster has said if you havent got anything useful to say Shut up (LOL) as you like saying!.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom