*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
wow, what about we exchange our monitors? mine is a rev A01, but with an always lit pixel 3 inches right from the middle, only noticeable with a magnifier on a completely black screen and a little tinting from top to bottom starting 3/4 of the screen going down but the LED works great!!!!!

Associate
:p I am fed up too, think I have gone through 5 of them, twice I ordered 2 brand ones from DELL UK at 500 pops each, got them open, check the tint re-pack send back for refund. At the end I have kept the less tintend one, which still has a tint and a bad pixel but hey, I can't do this forever! I need a 24" IPS with AdobeRGB/sRGB and in that price range there isn't much choice.

Associate
OMFG!!!! I have a perfect IPS panel and I can't shift it for 350 squid when it's 450 new and mine isa couple of months old! This is not fair!!!!!!

Associate
it's the same panel manufacturer and the same issue. Dell have completely screwed us over.

The difference is that Apple has gone back to LG and said "get your manufacturing process sorted to get tint-free panels and until then I have to stop the production of iMacs so you better get it sorted soon" instead DELL has just taken their word for it "the tinting is not a defect is a feature".

I really don't get how people on these boards can still be excited about the DELL U2711...same panels as the 27" macs, same issues if not worse, knowing DELL their are gonna buy all the unsold b-grade tinted LG panels for half the price and sell them at a premium.

Man of Honour
@MKay @Alfie: TrustedReviews have done a piece on the U2410 and are in contact with Dell regarding several points - perhaps a good time to air your views and discoveries in the comments of the article. The more pressure Dell is under to make a satisfactory resolution the better.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/monitors/review/2010/02/02/Dell-UltraSharp-U2410-24in-Monitor/comments

do you really think their feedback to Dell will make any differences? it's nothing they havent heard a hundred times from elsewhere...their developers are already all over it, but as with all these things it "only affects a marginal numbers of customers" (Dell) so i wouldnt expect much more than a couple of firmware fixes to address things like the dithering (which theyve just done with A01). it was the same with the 2407WFP-HC and 2408WFP...they wont be able to address major issues such as tinting as its a panel/manufacturing issue and by the time it was "fixed", they will have a new model. always the way sadly :(

Associate
do you really think their feedback to Dell will make any differences? it's nothing they havent heard a hundred times from elsewhere...their developers are already all over it, but as with all these things it "only affects a marginal numbers of customers" (Dell) so i wouldnt expect much more than a couple of firmware fixes to address things like the dithering (which theyve just done with A01). it was the same with the 2407WFP-HC and 2408WFP...they wont be able to address major issues such as tinting as its a panel/manufacturing issue and by the time it was "fixed", they will have a new model. always the way sadly :(

True enough, being too optimistic I think, but it is worth a try - although by reports from Apple forums (same LG panel family) the problems seem to be pretty widespread.

The monitor TR used was directly from Dell, I would be willing to bet [puts on cynical hat] that it was cherry-picked to be problem free.

I presume you're keeping your eye on the HP ZR24w, it looks quite interesting. Whether the first revision turns out to be the "beta-testing" round, we'll have to see.

Associate
Undoubtedly 1 of the best monitors on the market at the moment.
Shame about the price, though.

:rolleyes: It should be yes, bit it isn't.

Sorry Dustofnations, me commenting on a comparatively tiny thread will make no difference. Dell aren't going to listen.

I am going to try and get my money back. I have submitted a complaint to dell but they are yet to respond.

It's a real shame that people are accepting that there's nothing we can do, but it does seem to be the case.

Sadly if we had bought the screen direct from del we could get a refund no probs :(

Associate

Well yes, but I don't have an A01 do I!!!! is it fair to release a faulty monitor and then give out a fix for new customers only? WHat about looking after early adopters. What are my consumer rights?

Associate
:rolleyes: It should be yes, bit it isn't.

Sorry Dustofnations, me commenting on a comparatively tiny thread will make no difference. Dell aren't going to listen.

I am going to try and get my money back. I have submitted a complaint to dell but they are yet to respond.

It's a real shame that people are accepting that there's nothing we can do, but it does seem to be the case.

Sadly if we had bought the screen direct from del we could get a refund no probs :(

You're probably correct, but I thought it was worth attempting as they are in contact with Dell and any negative exposure will be unwelcome to them.

I understand your opinion though.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom