*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Soldato
You do know your shiny 3 year warranty is now gone? I wouldn't firmware upgrade and loose 3 years of safety net... especially when the sticker on the outsider will say H/W:A00 or such will be marked inside.

Associate
I received two U2410 a week ago, they were both manufactures in Jan 10, they were marked A00 both on the box and on the sticker bu the firmware was in reality A01, I run the langon test and there was no dithering in RGB and AdobeRGB, I went into the INNOLUX menu and the firmware revision was the up-to-date '91'. So I would say DELL is flashing the monitors but still probably using old labels. By the way both monitors went back for a refund as they showed an heavy green-to-pink tinting. one was from left to right the other top to bottom.

Soldato
REV A00 (Actual Firmware Not Checked Yet)
Manufacture Date - JUL 2009
U2410F

All looks good so far. How do I find this test you are all on about? :D

On further inspection, might send it back. Has a dead pixel in the address bar of firefox.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well the monitor I have here is brilliant. I have a dead pixel but the actual reproduction of colour especially in my european photography is very nice.

Also Arma 2 looks good which is a bonus :p

Last edited:
Associate
i upgraded my graphics drivers (ati 4870) and now photoshop CS4 reports "Monitor Profile 'Dell U2410' appears to be defective". I can either ignore or use anyway.

When viewing in windows photo viewer the colours are now all messed up and its got a green tint to the entire screen.

Got 2 of them and its the same with both. Had them pretty much since they were released from here and not had any issues.

Any ideas on how to fix the profile thing? Much appreciated :)

Associate
There is a known issue with the .icm (image colour matching profile) file provided on DVD with this monitor.
The very same defective .icm file is also provided via Windows Update.
This will be the cause of your problems.

Get yourself over to the Dell forums to follow several threads on the issue.

Dell are in the process of testing a new profile. This has reached a second beta stage and will resolve the problem you are having.

Eventually it will be WHQL certified (again?!) and available as a final.

Soldato
This worth the plunge yet? Or will it kill me with hassle of panel issues?

In the same boat dude, been reading through this thread and have second though... desperately want a 2nd monitor though to go with my 2407 - the problem is that no other monitor will look as good next to it (Or I think so anyway :p )

Soldato
In the same boat dude, been reading through this thread and have second though... desperately want a 2nd monitor though to go with my 2407 - the problem is that no other monitor will look as good next to it (Or I think so anyway :p )

I'm no longer in that boat. Luckily I got a very good monitor I think, but I do have a single dead pixel in the address bar of firefox 1/3 the way across. Currently deciding whether to send it back. If i'm paying half a grand for a monitor I expect it to be 100% working.

How do I check the monitor revision? *EDIT* FW Ver: 90. Isn't that A01?

Last edited:
Associate
There is a known issue with the .icm (image colour matching profile) file provided on DVD with this monitor.
The very same defective .icm file is also provided via Windows Update.
This will be the cause of your problems.

Get yourself over to the Dell forums to follow several threads on the issue.

Dell are in the process of testing a new profile. This has reached a second beta stage and will resolve the problem you are having.

Eventually it will be WHQL certified (again?!) and available as a final.

thanks mate, will have a look. wierd how this worked ok up to now

Associate
rexehuk, mine had FW:90 which is A00.
It was exhibiting the dithering issues associated with A00's.

I then flashed it to A01 and the dithering problem vanished.

I never had the green/pink issue with A00 out of interest.

Soldato
Lmao. Two dead pixels now? In the space of 24 hours. Definitely sending this back now. Adding to that Dell support is a joke, so I ended up ringing a private line in scotland who were very friendly ;).

Shame because I have no tinting issues at all or dithering!

**EDIT** There are 2 pixels that are apparent. But looking closer there is 10+ that do not display as full red (slightly greyed) when running screen test. I think I'm going to sell up and buy two SM2433 panels or just give up on the monitor market.

Last edited:
Associate
**EDIT** There are 2 pixels that are apparent. But looking closer there is 10+ that do not display as full red (slightly greyed) when running screen test. I think I'm going to sell up and buy two SM2433 panels or just give up on the monitor market.

Ouch... thats a lot of dead pixels for a premium screen...

Associate
Ordered A01 yesterday off fleabay, received this morning, and only one word perfect, no tint issues, no shades of green pink and blue, just perfect colour. This was well worth the wait! ( Was labelled A01 on the dell sticker on the box so persume it isn't seller flashed )

Soldato
Purchased one as well, it's simply awesome.. better than the 2407 WFP HC that I have, which has a fault I think.

Is a noisy "humming" sound warranted as a fault? when I turn it off and use this monitor you can straight away notice the difference..

Associate
picked mine up last week. Very impressed and no tint issues-well unless you use the Dell ICC profile and then every picture displayed has a lovely green hue. It had rev A00 on the box but on checking out the firmware in the service menu it has been updated by Dell.

Back
Top Bottom