*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
From what I have read (And I honestly are not trying to cause an argument here, just cheer Alfie up a bit) they have no way of telling if was done by them or you. If I remember right I followed a link to a Dell forum posted earlier in this thread where the Dell guy was asked about it...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well yes, but I don't have an A01 do I!!!! is it fair to release a faulty monitor and then give out a fix for new customers only? WHat about looking after early adopters. What are my consumer rights?

why not just flash it yourself? doesnt look too difficult and not heard of any problems with it anywhere

Associate
Because my monitor is going back soon no doubt due to faulty power LED and I don't want them to detect the flash.

The difficulty is not the issue.

+ I have heard from various sources that it breaks the composite and component inputs (makes the quality much worse)

Associate
Because my monitor is going back soon no doubt due to faulty power LED and I don't want them to detect the flash.

The difficulty is not the issue.

+ I have heard from various sources that it breaks the composite and component inputs (makes the quality much worse)

This is true for me :(, I posted a couple of pages back about the component on the Wii looking pretty awful after flashing. Where else did you read about it, I haven't been able to find any more information. If you find a way to go back to a00 let me know, I didn't even have any issues with it but thought what harm could it do!

Associate
Only if you tell them or you somehow manage to screw up the flash.

au contraire. It is in black and white. It amuses me that everyone thinks a complete firmware update will be invisible to Dell. If you lot think ChrisM is A) Trustworthy and B) knows the technical side you are severely diluded.

You will notice when you come to flash the screen yourself it tells you the current firmware version. Maybe dell technicians like to look at squirrels dancing about outside their factory window at this point of the process?

:rolleyes:

Associate
flashed mine today, it has sorted the green tint out :)

Um, are you sure? I don't want to talk you into seeing it again, but I've a feeling this could be psychological! AFAIK, there's nothing that a firmware upgrade could do that could fix the tint problem. (Unless it added the ability to adjust areas of the screen independently, which I know the A01 firmware does not.)

Associate
The main problem it fixes is the "dithering" in sRGB mode. (Scan this thread for details.)

Maybe someone who's been keeping up-to-date better than me (I don't own one of these -- put off by the tint problem!) can let us know if any other tweaks were made in the new firmware.

Back
Top Bottom