*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

So, was it a good idea to risk it?

delln.jpg

If I get a near mint U2410 for that money i'm going to be over the moon, but I can't help feeling that something's really wrong with it for £130 off! :o

Tune in tomorrow to find out! :eek:

£275 for a used monitor :o

£323 actually.

Yes, i'm nervous. I'm away from home at the moment fixing another PC but I know it's waiting for me at home so I can't wait to get there and rip the box open.

If it's really bad it'll go back under the DSR, if not i've got myself the best 24" screen on the market for £130 under the new price. Not bad.

£323 actually.

Yes, i'm nervous. I'm away from home at the moment fixing another PC but I know it's waiting for me at home so I can't wait to get there and rip the box open.

If it's really bad it'll go back under the DSR, if not i've got myself the best 24" screen on the market for £130 under the new price. Not bad.

I'd be amused if it was mine :p I sent it back 1-2 months ago though so don't know how long it takes for them to become B grade.

From what has been said previously about OcUK's 'B grade stock' they generally just have packaging that has been damaged or opened and a manual, driver CD or cable might be missing. The product itself is usually 'as new' but I'm sure if it's not it will become obvious and you will be within your rights to return if you're unhappy about something.

I can't see anything wrong with it. All cables, CDs, etc. are there and the screen itself is gorgeous, needs calibrating something awful but it works, no dead pixels as far as I can see.

Worst bit is that the screen is quite grubby, needs some screen cleaner. Oh, and it has a mysterious "rattle" - like something has broken inside. But then it works fine?

photozq.jpg

Excuse the quality.

Last edited:
Whaaaa.......this monitor is more expensive NOW then it was last year and the now price is on offer! You would think with the £:$ exchange rate working in our (British) favour the price would have gone down not to mention technology is meant to get cheaper over time anyway.

A01 it is then.

So it's not from their brand new stock but it's probably just that it's been lying about the warehouse for a bit. Not that this matters if you are happy with it (as that's the main thing), but could you tell me what the hours of use of the service menu states?

If I remember correctly you can access the service menu by turning the monitor off, then activating the second and fourth button (from the top) whilst also activating the power button. The LEDs should start lighting up - once they are all on activate the top button and hopefully that should work. I say "activate" because the buttons are of course just touch sensors. I'm not sure if that's the correct combination either - it's been a while.

So it's not from their brand new stock but it's probably just that it's been lying about the warehouse for a bit. Not that this matters if you are happy with it (as that's the main thing), but could you tell me what the hours of use of the service menu states?

If I remember correctly you can access the service menu by turning the monitor off, then activating the second and fourth button (from the top) whilst also activating the power button. The LEDs should start lighting up - once they are all on activate the top button and hopefully that should work. I say "activate" because the buttons are of course just touch sensors. I'm not sure if that's the correct combination either - it's been a while.

Back Light On Time is at 86H 40M.

Does the serial number end in 1D2L?

1MLL.

Back
Top Bottom