Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

On holiday, but decided your video merited some abuse...

"Devlis, you wet lettuce, there were at least another two at 110kg!" :) :D

Great work! Keep it up! :)

:D

Just testing the waters, I did squats on Monday, just went in today as I can't just go in two days a week :(

Intending to do some 1rm testing next week, although my clutch has suddenly died in my car so no idea how that'll go.

Friday 12th April: Back
Nothing major to report, didn't really get up today so just did deadlifts and some machine rows

• Mobility - Hammies
  • Deads: 3 x 5
  1. 70kg x 5
  2. 70kg x 5
  3. 82.5kg x 5
  • Deadlifts: Singles = 110kg x 1, 130kg x 1, 140kg x 1, 150kg x 1

• Machine row: Narrow super setted with wide grip
  1. Narrow: 32kg x 10, 10. - 27kg x 10
  2. Wide: 32kg x 10, 10. - 27kg x 10

Simple session, videos of the 140 and 150kg deads to follow, not sure if my shoulder liked it yet or not.

Looking good, I actually think you move better on the 150kg than the 140kg. How did you find them?

I think it's the grip difference, 140kg is DOH the 150kg is mixed, mixed always feels slightly odd just my DOH grip is terrible on my left hand.

In general they felt reasonably okay, I thought the 150kg felt slightly off but looking back at it it's not terrible, compared to my 150kg from December it seems nicer anyway.

I either need to change how I do mixed grip or some how improve m DOH massively.

Actually looks to me (and I guess would relate to half your shoulder issues) that you're not actually pulling your shoulders back and pushing your chest thru when you set up, something I think you need to work on. Otherwise you're not going to be building those big strong traps to help keep your body solid.

Mixed grip is awesome though, it actually pulls you in to a more correct position I find, and I always find my spine positioning much better with it.

Actually looks to me (and I guess would relate to half your shoulder issues) that you're not actually pulling your shoulders back and pushing your chest thru when you set up, something I think you need to work on. Otherwise you're not going to be building those big strong traps to help keep your body solid.

Mixed grip is awesome though, it actually pulls you in to a more correct position I find, and I always find my spine positioning much better with it.

I agree mate, I think it does this when it gets over 130kg, I just lose tightness. The 150kg was never going to be amazing as thats my current 1RM anyway.

I'm keeping my shoulders pinned back on everything now consciously (assistance work etc) so hopefully the extra back work I'm doing anyway will help the issue.

I actually did my shoulder in doing cable flyes, think my AC joint had a fit and did something terrible, feels nice and bruised now. Now not doing chest/shoulder work for a period because of it

Your set up doesn't help though.

Should be getting on position on the bar
Pulling shoulders back nice and firm
Lock core in and pull

You're missing out the middle part - you're not losing tightness; you're just not putting any tightness in your shoulders before you start :)

Lock core in and pull

You're missing out the middle part - you're not losing tightness; you're just not putting any tightness in your shoulders before you start :)

Oh :(

:p I try to actively do it, hopefully today is an off day and next week will show different results if you dont mind checking again?

Hopefully this is due to the weight and my shoulder injury at the moment :(

Lock core in and pull

strong this.

Also head up/down when deadlifting? I always tend to keep head up

Ideally you want to keep it neutral with your spine. People are often told to have your head up, as it encourages you to push your chest up and shoulders back at the same time. However if you already know to do this, keeping it neutral (or 'down) is a better solution!

Ideally you want to keep it neutral with your spine. People are often told to have your head up, as it encourages you to push your chest up and shoulders back at the same time. However if you already know to do this, keeping it neutral (or 'down) is a better solution!
This.

Head up is a thing developed by those of spaghetti spine. See also: Arch your lower back, bro.

Back
Top Bottom