Desktops!!

hi peeps! this here post is just for fun :)

0902041.JPG

hope you like!!

im guessing a lot of you will be interested in the new configs that ive been using so im sorting through my samurize folder tomorrow and clearing out the crap. when thats done ill send it to matrix for him to put up IN PLACE OF my old folder that he had. so any older configs i dont use anymore wont be in it :)

still havent written that sticky have i....

promises promises....lol

hi guys!!

just so you know my updated samurize folder is being sent to matrix this afternoon. im sure he'll then make it available for you guys as soon as possible. same as before you just copy it over your own samurize directory (you MUST have samurize 1.20 otherwise not everything will work properly and some configs wont run at ll)

direct your questions to me and not matrix as ever :)

will post when ive sent em :)

hi people!!

Thought it might be a good diea to post this. If you really can't get a long with Samurize there is an alternative program which does the same but with a somewhat modified interface. its really easy to use. and most of the configs used with samurize can easily be ported to it.

It called Avedesk and you can get it Here

you can ask me any questions on it if you have problems but ive only used the program once myself lol

**edit**

also matrix has the files. im not hankering after him or anything so theyll be up whenever he decides he wants to do it :)

Last edited:
Hi guys!!

Just wondered if a shortage of clocks needed adressing?? i've just made myself a lil clock and it looks cool but i also have around 20 other clock png's. would you like me to get the png's hosted or would anyone like me to make all of them into samurize clock ini files? (ie a folder containing around 15 clocks which need no modding and can just be used)

Let me know. If it turns out people want them ill try get them done for tonight after ive done my 6th form work :)

just had a though that since im sharing my samurize folder would anyone be interested in my wallpapers folder??? theres a chance ill be able to make an auto updating folder that will have all my current wallpapers in and update with new ones that i download.

just a though if anyones short on wallpapers and wants an easy fix lol

**as for the clocks no one seems fussed so ill not bother doing them although the offer does still stand**

Originally posted by Chopper
clocks please mate, and an explanation on how speaker box pulsates and volume knob works? or instructions on how to do it?

okay ill do the clocks for as soon as possible :) (hopefully tonight)

as for the speaker box. it pulsates in time to music played in either foobar7 (not v8beta) or winamp (any version afaik).

to make it work (this presumes you use winamp) you just activate the samurize visualization plugin in winamp and the speaker will start pulsing :)

and the volume knob. i cant remember offhand how thats sposed to work but if you use my samurize folder or if not use it just look at its structure youll see where certain scripts and programs should be placed. (ill try and write a more comprehensive explanation later on)

let me know if you have any problems

**my apologies if im not answering q's very well im somewhat rushed tonight doing a myriad of stuff :S lol **

Originally posted by TRIPPER
k thnx m8 will have a look but i like some of the mac icons in silver as well

i may be able to mod an icon set to a silvery color but it wouldnt be very soon cuz im so busy. maybe someone else has either already done it or is willing to do it :)

Originally posted by Mad old tory
Uberskilled, are you running 4 instances of samurize on that latest screeny? Doesn't that use a shedload of ram?

lol yeah you'd think so but it comes to a total of about 4-5mb (depending on thr scripts running)

its not as ram consuming as i thought it would be either!! i know someone who has 4 instances running and they only have 256mb of ram and they dont suffer performance wise :)

Originally posted by Mad old tory
Do you reckon 4 small instances would be less memory intensive than a single instance across most of the screen?

i can tell you definitly that its better memory wise to have 4 instances. because of the way samurize works anything above a certain area casuses a lot of slow down. so 4 small things is better than one lrge thing. if ya get me

Originally posted by jkrohn1
Yes PLz uberskilled i would love ur wallpapers and also ur winamp samurize does an registration error??? i told u over msn u said u would fix and get back to me

Right well firstly i havent been able to discover whats giving the registration error...its quite wierd i had that problem myself but now i dont seem to have it anymore. to my knowledge its only an issue when expanding the player or changing vis. right? I shall try and get to the bottom of it asap but in the meantime you'll just have to run the other ini's to change vis etc.

As for the wallpapers they will be packed up when i get home from 6th form :) Matrix will probably end up hosting them for me. I'm gonna sort thru my webspace tonight. see if i can get myself some more space.

right ive got a set of around 50+ wallpapers all packaged up but they wont fit into an email (server file limit size) so its down to someone to either give me somewhere to transfer them too or let me send them over msn or something.

ill leave it up to anyone who wants them :)

Originally posted by Kainz
Guys, got a Samurize question:
Basically I have a 24bit PNG of Firefox (aka Firebird). Is it possible for me to add this icon to my Sammy setup and lauch Firebird just by clicking on it? I couldn't find a way to link a png to a file/program last time I looked.

easy way round that :D

add the png....then add a txt box. delete the txt in the box and then tick "allow meter linkage" or whatever it says. point it to what you want to launch and then stretch the txt box to the size of your png and put it on top :)

easy peasy let me know if you have any probs

Originally posted by jkrohn1

This Is with the player running all i need now is the cover config and get the sound box to work i think its gettin on good doh need the grey scale icons aswell but still goin well Dru i think u change urs tooo much give other peeps a chance i have been workin on mine for ages and i still aint done LOL love ur work sooo much :D

thx :)

let me know if you have any probs finding greyscale icons and obviously if theres any problems with the samurize configs let me know also :)

Back
Top Bottom