Destiny 2... It's a coming!

I don't think it'll feel as good with a controller on PC if people were playing at 60fps.

But on console at 30fps the pad feels fantastic and I say that as someone who doesn't really get along with sticks.

This is one of the first FPS games that I didn't mind so much playing on a controller, they managed to get the feel of it just right. Having said that, I will definitely be getting it on PC.

So i just watched IGN's video and they got told the game will run with 2 1080's at 200fps and 60fps 4k on a single 1080 on medium. Interesting optimisation already shame it's not coming out September 8th, I'm getting it on Both PS4 Pro and PC though so either way i can play day one.

So i just watched IGN's video and they got told the game will run with 2 1080's at 200fps and 60fps 4k on a single 1080 on medium. Interesting optimisation already shame it's not coming out September 8th, I'm getting it on Both PS4 Pro and PC though so either way i can play day one.

There is a lot of mis information regarding performance at the moment. For example - that article above about the lack of dedicated servers:

Well, as IGN reported, the game’s dev build ran in 4K and with 60fps on Medium details on a single NVIDIA GTX1080Ti graphics card.

Im sure the optimisation will continue ++ driver support obv

Really consiudering selling my Asus Rog Swift and getting the Asus Rog ultrawide screen seeing as this game supports 21:9

Only thing I'm not sure how well my 980Ti woulld cope at 3440x1440

Well it looks like your typical bland console fps game. I've watched people playing the first game and this doesn't look anymore advanced or different. Now before I get lynched for the negativity this game is already hyped beyond belief and the new footage must surely make a lot of people just think 'meh' . Sure, on console it's probably going to be decent but as a PC game going up against the plethora of great/classic fps games it wont work. ( also, don't get me started on 'you have to play it with a controller' %^&*(x )

Any other FPS I would argue for kb/m but this just worked so well that I can actually see it being the way to go on pc too

Controller is usually a dirty word in the pc fps space but here i think players will be surprised if playing for the first time. Really hope it's exactly the same as the console version in this regard. Obviously it has aim assist to help the feel, and sometimes pc ports lose that altogether so hope that's not the case

I got some good news for us, Bungie has controller support in for the PC version :)

"Remapping the mouse and keyboard is super important to players, so we're supporting that. If people want to play on PC with a controller, because that's how they grew up playing games and that's how they want to play, so we're going to support controllers as well, and hot plug-and-play between it and mouse and keyboard."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-pc-release-date-isnt-set-here-are-the-de/1100-6450168/

I'm quite interested in this, what with the KB+M. I played Destiny on my PS4 a little and although it's probably one of the best uses of a controller for an FPS, I still couldn't get used to it. KB+M since doom or was it quake?? Too long ago, can't remember. Old dog, new tricks, etc. :)

Well it looks like your typical bland console fps game. I've watched people playing the first game and this doesn't look anymore advanced or different. Now before I get lynched for the negativity this game is already hyped beyond belief and the new footage must surely make a lot of people just think 'meh' . Sure, on console it's probably going to be decent but as a PC game going up against the plethora of great/classic fps games it wont work. ( also, don't get me started on 'you have to play it with a controller' %^&*(x )

have you played destiny 1? As vids don't do it it justice the feel of the gun play for example is perfect and a video can't show that

You look like a typical bland forum troll but hey, that's how it is sometimes.

I'm not aware of any of game like destiny, so what plethora of games is it going up against exactly? Actually how would you know, you have only watched others play.

It could be good, it could be bad, early reports are promising but let's just wait and see.

This will come with beta access if you preorder it seems, so if it's trash you can just cancel and be done with it or wait for it to be in a better state.

Yes honestly, visceral was an overused buzz-word in its day but it perfectly describes Destiny's combat. There's an oomph to everything. There's no other shooter quite like it. The last time a game felt meaty like that was Soldier of Fortune way back in 2000.

I've played Destiny and it didn't float my boat, good gun play or not.

As for 'typical bland forum troll' sorry if I've upset you flower but criticism of things is quite natural it leads to discussion agreeable or not. Counter-strike, Warframe, Quake, Overwatch, Planetside 2, The Division (loosely) etc etc etc all great 'gun' games to name but a few but alas subjective.

Who knows how the game will turn out, I might even grab it - shocker !!

Look, I've not condemned the game merely stated an opinion based on what I've seen. You don't have to agree with me but don't get all triggered because someone dislikes 'your' game.

Oh and no dedicated servers, sigh!

yeah,no dedicated servers part surprised me as well...
but im waiting for Beta so will have better idea of hows gameplay (i played lil bit D1,but im shockingly bad in FPS with controllers,so... :D )

As for 'typical bland forum troll' sorry if I've upset you flower but criticism of things is quite natural it leads to discussion agreeable or not. Counter-strike, Warframe, Quake, Overwatch, Planetside 2, The Division (loosely) etc etc etc all great 'gun' games to name but a few but alas subjective.

Sorry but it's kinda hard to disagree with him when you say you've only seen people play it in your first post then change to "I've played it" in your reply when you get called out on your first comment.

:p

Sorry but it's kinda hard to disagree with him when you say you've only seen people play it in your first post then change to "I've played it" in your reply when you get called out on your first comment.

damn beat me to it :)

Back
Top Bottom