Destiny 2... It's a coming!

I've played Destiny and it didn't float my boat, good gun play or not.

As for 'typical bland forum troll' sorry if I've upset you flower but criticism of things is quite natural it leads to discussion agreeable or not. Counter-strike, Warframe, Quake, Overwatch, Planetside 2, The Division (loosely) etc etc etc all great 'gun' games to name but a few but alas subjective.

Who knows how the game will turn out, I might even grab it - shocker !!

Look, I've not condemned the game merely stated an opinion based on what I've seen. You don't have to agree with me but don't get all triggered because someone dislikes 'your' game.

Oh and no dedicated servers, sigh!

all you needed to add was "u mad bro" and you would have intertwat bingo.

You said you saw it, then that suddenly changed, which I imagine is a lie to try and add weight to your opinion - either way I don't care.

My point is this, and it's not aimed at you personally, If someone has NOT actually played the game or has little interest in it, then surely they should just keep quiet - what could you possibly add to any conversation or discussion on it? Lots of games I've looked at trailers and think, well thats not for me - but I don't go into threads dedicated to those games and tell everyone my opinion because it's pointless.

I can't respond to warframe or planetside 2 but none of the other games are even remotely close to the experience of destiny.

It's not a perfect game, in fact on release it was limited, but if you want a class/loot based FPS MMO(ish?) with a good mix of pve and pvp content then it ticks a lot of boxes - I can imagine it getting quite dull solo (much like dying light/borderlands/wildlands) but with some mates being an absolute blast - like the games I mentioned in brackets

It's not going to be for everyone, due to the arcadey feel, scifi setting, bullet sponging - in fact I thought i'd hate the first one but was pleasantly surprised. So far the only serious concern that might hinder my enjoyment is the lack of dedicated servers.

You said you saw it, then that suddenly changed, which I imagine is a lie to try and add weight to your opinion - either way I don't care.

My point is this, and it's not aimed at you personally, If someone has NOT actually played the game or has little interest in it, then surely they should just keep quiet - what could you possibly add to any conversation or discussion on it? Lots of games I've looked at trailers and think, well thats not for me - but I don't go into threads dedicated to those games and tell everyone my opinion because it's pointless.

I can't respond to warframe or planetside 2 but none of the other games are even remotely close to the experience of destiny.

It's not a perfect game, in fact on release it was limited, but if you want a class/loot based FPS MMO(ish?) with a good mix of pve and pvp content then it ticks a lot of boxes - I can imagine it getting quite dull solo (much like dying light/borderlands/wildlands) but with some mates being an absolute blast - like the games I mentioned in brackets

It's not going to be for everyone, due to the arcadey feel, scifi setting, bullet sponging - in fact I thought i'd hate the first one but was pleasantly surprised. So far the only serious concern that might hinder my enjoyment is the lack of dedicated servers.
Get out of here with your common sense and logic. Don't you know this is OCUK? We don't like your sort round here. Ready the pitchforks and release the hounds!

I put a LOT of hours into Destiny, far more than most, by a factor of hundreds of hours, And even I would say, it's not as good as Warframe.

It just isn't.

Destiny 2 looks to be more of the same, which is good, because Destiny needed a lot more content for PvE, however they seem to have made its PvP objectively worse by reducing its player count.

If that leads to more maps the size of Cauldron then it's PvP side will die pretty quickly.

As much as I'd like to play this on PC I am terrible with a kb/m

Then again I don't play Crucible so perhaps I wouldn't be too useless using a Xbox 360 controller

As much as I'd like to play this on PC I am terrible with a kb/m

Then again I don't play Crucible so perhaps I wouldn't be too useless using a Xbox 360 controller

Nothing wrong with that :) One of the guys who plays division with us exclusively plays with an xbox controller and he keeps up and is better than some on kb&m!

I like controllers, comfy gaming from the sofa lol

Nothing wrong with that :) One of the guys who plays division with us exclusively plays with an xbox controller and he keeps up and is better than some on kb&m!

I like controllers, comfy gaming from the sofa lol

I imagine it would be OK for PVE and Iron Banner has always been relatively straightforward to get to Rank 5, but I have a feeling the console community would be more active in the long run for strikes/raids

Tough choice awaits come September!

Unfortunately I don't think it'll be a choice, the PC version is confirmed not to be released at the same time as the console versions, and Bungie/Blizzard is just about being ambiguous enough to imply that it could be quite a significant delay - months instead of weeks.

They have already said it'll be 'later in the year' before we even hear about the potential time frame for PC release.

I imagine it would be OK for PVE and Iron Banner has always been relatively straightforward to get to Rank 5, but I have a feeling the console community would be more active in the long run for strikes/raids

Tough choice awaits come September!

I prefer kb&m in shooters.

What makes you think console will remain more active? It will be larger overall for sure but the hype seems to be massive everywhere for the PC version - even looking past the movement of release and the server issue. I am still hyped.

I don't have a console though so will be waiting patiently for PC :)

Unfortunately I don't think it'll be a choice, the PC version is confirmed not to be released at the same time as the console versions, and Bungie/Blizzard is just about being ambiguous enough to imply that it could be quite a significant delay - months instead of weeks.

They have already said it'll be 'later in the year' before we even hear about the potential time frame for PC release.
This is what I can't get my head around, they had a very playable PC version at the event. I wonder what the delay is? Something to do with Blizzard? Hopefully they see the hype surrounding the PC version and pull out all the stops. Definitely excited for the Beta on PC, will be very strange to play Destiny with kb&m after so much time on PS4

I'm guessing Blizzard too, it has full integration with battle.net, plus the game itself is being ported and modified by yet another developer (Vicarious Visions). It's kinda hard to bring a game out on time with so many fingers in the pie.

I have more money than self-control so I'll be double-dipping. I guess that's probably part of Bungie's devious plan. It worked out well for Diablo 3 and GTAV after all.

What makes you think console will remain more active? It will be larger overall for sure but the hype seems to be massive everywhere for the PC version - even looking past the movement of release and the server issue. I am still hyped.

I don't have a console though so will be waiting patiently for PC :)

I think it was SkillUp's video that sums it up quite well, and I need to pick my words carefully here, the PC community has a higher expectation/lower BS tolerance than the console community.

PvE aside, as that is a "solid" in my book. Simply put, there are already a lot of competitive PvP games with dedicated and/or custom servers on PC. If your game is not up to par, then it will be shunned by the PC community. Bungie had a real issue in Destiny 1 with PvP not having a proper long term structure and relying on an "invisible" skill based matchmaking system across all playlists, which with P2P connections often resulted in horrible latency issues.

Not meaning to brag here, I was/am a top ranking player in D1 PvP, and at times it was simply stupid. I was constantly matched against the same top ranked ELO players, no matter the latency, game queue time etc. Now inb4 "good, otherwise you'd be crushing noobs" - My point being there was no middle ground, I couldn't solo queue or play socially with less PvP adept friends because of the inadequate playlist ranking system.

I'm both excited and worried to see how Bungie handle the step up to PC, specifically in PvP. Unless at a bare minimum they get a proper ranking system (akin to the Halo 2 "golden age") in place, the PC community will simply not entertain a pseudo-competitive P2P PvP in Destiny 2. Roll on the Beta...

Well explained, thanks. Your original comments make more sense now.

I havent watchd much D1 PVP to be honest, I have been focusing more on the raids and so on and they interest me enough to bite :)

Roll on the beta indeed!

Dont know if it would be worthwhile having a google doc for people to put their Blizzard tags on?

Im not afraid to say I loved Destiny. Sometimes I felt like people jumped aboard the "its cool to hate Destiny" Bus but I really am looking forward to playing on PC with the heat turned up!

All previews have said that the pc version is a significant step up and makes it feel and play allot better so I'm now thinking pc version again despite the delay, I am shocked that the ps4 pro and even Scorpio is getting limited 30fps with there boosts I'd of thought could have aimed for 60fps

All previews have said that the pc version is a significant step up and makes it feel and play allot better so I'm now thinking pc version again despite the delay, I am shocked that the ps4 pro and even Scorpio is getting limited 30fps with there boosts I'd of thought could have aimed for 60fps

The GPU is 2.3x faster than the standard PS4, so it can manage 4k. However, the CPU is only 1.3x faster, which isn't enough to run the game at 60fps. Scorpio has the same problem, nearly all of the extra grunt has gone to the GPU but the CPU has again been sorely neglected with only a marginal boost to clock speed. Sony and Microsoft are really underestimating how much CPU power is important this generation.

For the record, there are virtually NO PS4 games that ran in 30fps before, that runs on 60fps on the pro now. None at all. So it's puzzling that everyone is expecting Destiny 2 to be 60 on the pro when there is literally no precedent for it.

Anyway, that's a matter for the console plebs, it's got nothing to do with us really, we will soldier on at 4k60 without a care in the world :p

Back
Top Bottom