Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Caporegime
Wasn't The Division also and we all ploughed hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours into that ;)
I wouldn't say the division was that arcadey/consoley, it had a realistic look/feel to it imo (ignoring the obvious RPG bullet sponge enemies :p)

This looks closer to halo for gunplay/movement etc., no surprise though since it is by bungie.... :p

I'll wait till I see more footage before deciding but I'm certainly not as hyped as what I was for the division and no dedicated servers is a big worry.

Soldato
I wouldn't say the division was that arcadey/consoley, it had a realistic look/feel to it imo (ignoring the obvious RPG bullet sponge enemies :p)

This looks closer to halo for gunplay/movement etc., no surprise though since it is by bungie.... :p

I'll wait till I see more footage before deciding but I'm certainly not as hyped as what I was for the division and no dedicated servers is a big worry.

Of course TD is arcadey, 3rd person shooter with cover mechanics and a gamestyle more in touch with pick up and play fun. Stop being such an old fart lol. Come on mate will be epic in co-op.

Caporegime
Of course TD is arcadey, 3rd person shooter with cover mechanics and a gamestyle more in touch with pick up and play fun. Stop being such an old fart lol. Come on mate will be epic in co-op.

There is arcadey and then there is "arcadey" :p I felt that is what added a bit of realism to the division, destiny 2 looks to be just run about/keep moving in the open and holding down the LMB (weapons look like they have little to no recoil too)

Don't you know by now.... I'm the party pooper :p ;) :D

True that forget about coop, will see closer to the time, as per usual, no pre-orders from me!

Soldato
Be careful, the salt brigade will be along shortly to poo on division, regardless of the countless hours spent. :p Has already been posted several times by pro salt miners.

military grinder vs scifi grinder. I don't see the difference tbh aside from more content.

Im still watching a lot of detiny stuff on youtube trying to understand it and get to grips with it. I think it will be fun - for a while. Cancelled my pre order though for the time being.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If you like co-op games then you should like Destiny. I thought it was much better than TD. In fact I bought TD and I just felt like I was playing a poor version of Destiny and after 24 or so hours I traded it in and moved back to Destiny. They're not even in the same league, imo.

Just can't wait to play this on PC. I ended up buying a PS4 to just play Destiny and after 700 or so hours I can say it was money well spent.

Associate
If you like co-op games then you should like Destiny. I thought it was much better than TD. In fact I bought TD and I just felt like I was playing a poor version of Destiny and after 24 or so hours I traded it in and moved back to Destiny. They're not even in the same league, imo.

Just can't wait to play this on PC. I ended up buying a PS4 to just play Destiny and after 700 or so hours I can say it was money well spent.
I feel exactly the opposite, Destiny was great but doesn't hold up well to The Division in my eyes...each to their own :)

Associate
Some just cant post normal stuff without being toxy for no reason :D
Thank god is OCUK forum :p

Nex - you will like it,i even can guarantee you will enjoy it ;)
Just preorder :D:D

Associate
Im still watching a lot of detiny stuff on youtube trying to understand it and get to grips with it. I think it will be fun - for a while. Cancelled my pre order though for the time being.

As others have mentioned, a major part of Destiny is the movement and gunplay which the videos don't really do justice to. Besides you still have the beta to get stuck into :)

Also for those interested in the full back story and lore of Destiny, here is the link I posted over in the console forum: http://www.seraphimarchive.com/

Very good site describing all the grimoire and activities that have taken place so far. @JunglistE maybe worth adding to the first post?

Soldato
Yeah looking forward to the beta, but that's why I cancelled my order as I was unsure how amazon would fulfil the beta key aspect - and their chat is useless in trying to get an answer, they had no clue lol!!

And nice! will check it out :)

Does anyone know how amazon will fulfil it?

Soldato
As others have mentioned, a major part of Destiny is the movement and gunplay which the videos don't really do justice to. Besides you still have the beta to get stuck into :)

Also for those interested in the full back story and lore of Destiny, here is the link I posted over in the console forum: http://www.seraphimarchive.com/

Very good site describing all the grimoire and activities that have taken place so far. @JunglistE maybe worth adding to the first post?
Just what I was looking for. Cheers!

Associate
Yeah looking forward to the beta, but that's why I cancelled my order as I was unsure how amazon would fulfil the beta key aspect - and their chat is useless in trying to get an answer, they had no clue lol!!

You didn't get your key then? My pre-order is with Game, which I was pretty sketchy about, but they sent my Beta key through pretty quickly...

@ All - No worries for the link, happy to help :)

Associate
@LackyT nah I didn't get anything :/ Will order from elsewhere then.

If this helps in any way: last time i wanted to test game with beta i preordered from Amazon as well,got emailed beta key next day after few emails to amazon,tried game,was crap,cancelled preorder,but i got refunded after 2 weeks,this was about 3y ago,dont know about they policy now,might have changed.

Soldato
I've played Destiny and it didn't float my boat, good gun play or not.
As for 'typical bland forum troll' sorry if I've upset you flower but criticism of things is quite natural it leads to discussion agreeable or not. Counter-strike, Warframe, Quake, Overwatch, Planetside 2, The Division (loosely) etc etc etc all great 'gun' games to name but a few but alas subjective.

I hate wading into these arguments, but the definition of trolling is admitting you've never played the game then directly contradicting that. There is no point participating in the discussion like this. Everyone just gets wound up instead, yourself included. If you're not interested, that's fine - just don't post.

Soldato
If this helps in any way: last time i wanted to test game with beta i preordered from Amazon as well,got emailed beta key next day after few emails to amazon,tried game,was crap,cancelled preorder,but i got refunded after 2 weeks,this was about 3y ago,dont know about they policy now,might have changed.

Yeah that helps, thank you. Very weird then how I didn't get a code and pretty poor how they could explain how they would do it! Luckily they refunded the money within 3 days so that was nice. :)

Going to re order it today elsewhere so will post when/if I get the key :)

Soldato
A big question on everyone's mind is exactly what the PC version of Destiny 2 will have to offer. After the gameplay reveal stream we now know - pretty much everything you could ask for. Here's the list from the press release:
  • 4k Resolution Support (3820x2160) - not for me
  • Uncapped framerate - Nice to hear we aren't being limited.
  • Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping - I would be concerned if i couldn't use mouse and keyboard.
  • Text chat -...
  • Adjustable Field of View - better than PUBG then.
  • Detailed PC settings screen - Good hopefully a broad enough range of graphics so everyone can play it.
  • 21:9 monitor support - Praise the holy baby jesus thank you.

Back
Top Bottom