Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
Additionally, the final 10 points from 370 to 380 will be significantly slower than 340 to 370; we expect it to take players roughly equal time to go from 340 to 370 as from 370 to 380. We decided to make this change because climbing to 370 allows you to tackle endgame content without suffering a severe under level penalty, but creates a significant accomplishment in achieving 380
Interesting, hopefully the new content is good to grind then! Also glad to see them finally getting some of community / content producers into the studio, to discuss the game.

Man of Honour
I'd love to get back in to this game, not touched it in months but it was just so shallow even compared to Destiny 1 which took so many hours from me. And it doesn't look like the latest expansion is even adding that much :(

Associate
I have got back into this in a big way, sometimes I think the criticism it gets is a little unfair times as generally it's a solid shooter.

Got a long way to grind though before I'm even in a position to play Raids though :(

Man of Honour
I have got back into this in a big way, sometimes I think the criticism it gets is a little unfair times as generally it's a solid shooter.

Got a long way to grind though before I'm even in a position to play Raids though :(

The gunplay is second to none in my opinion, however it's just severely lacking in content. The final nail in the coffin for me was when I got Trials of Osiris and it basically added nothing, and even the story it did add was virtually the same levels with no real variation, "Go through this gateway to an infinite world where we add modular parts of various levels together in different order, with no real variety or meaningful story, with the odd boss at the end to kill". I got to 320 light level before I jacked it in after doing the raid.

What's new in it now? What have they done to make it last more than a Tuesday evening once you'd done the nightfall and weekly/daily missions etc. Have they made the gear rolls worth it like D1? Or are all items the same with no random stats?

Soldato
The gunplay is second to none in my opinion, however it's just severely lacking in content. The final nail in the coffin for me was when I got Trials of Osiris and it basically added nothing, and even the story it did add was virtually the same levels with no real variation, "Go through this gateway to an infinite world where we add modular parts of various levels together in different order, with no real variety or meaningful story, with the odd boss at the end to kill". I got to 320 light level before I jacked it in after doing the raid.

What's new in it now? What have they done to make it last more than a Tuesday evening once you'd done the nightfall and weekly/daily missions etc. Have they made the gear rolls worth it like D1? Or are all items the same with no random stats?

Random rolls are on their radar before September. It was in a previous roadmap update.

Soldato
I should still be in the OcUK clan unles I got booted :p Will log in tonight and check

I didn't boot you anyway lol!!! :D

But if anyone wants to join - send me your BNET tags and I will send invites :)

Going to see if the clan can be changed to allow people to join pending approval instead of invite only.

Associate
Going to see if the clan can be changed to allow people to join pending approval instead of invite only.
I'll take a look when I get back. I initially set it up like that to make sure that we got OC UK users, rather than 1 guy + 10 of his mates :D But times have changed

Associate
Some positive news seems to be coming out of the Bungie summit. Mercules, who does a lot of in depth analysis and breakdowns, posted a big summary here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8ee0qz/massive_breakdown_of_my_experience_at_the/

He mentions some good points:

1. Primary weapon TtK needs to be lower across the board, not just for exotics.
    • I feel positive about the upcoming changes.
  2. There needs to be more subclass customization.
    • I feel slightly positive about the upcoming changes.
  3. Loot pools need to be segregated and special to each location or event. There are far too many "world" legendaries, and they dilute the rewards.
    • I feel neutral about the upcoming changes.
  4. Random rolls should return on weapons outside of exotics, trials, and raid weapons. Mods could be more like perks that can be placed on the weapon, to help counteract bad RNG, along with vendors selling more weapons from their inventory at a time (with rotating rolls).
  5. Weapon slots need to be addressed. I doubt a reversion will take place, but I'd like to see some experimentation with some of the weaker power weapons in the energy slot again (like with Fighting Lions).
    • I feel highly positive about the upcoming changes.
  6. Shader, mod, and vault inventory space issues addressed.
  7. Ability to choose the activity I want from the Director, and the points game from Nightfalls expanded into more optional activities (like a Nightfall level Meditation).
    • First part I forgot to mention. Second part was mentioned. I feel positive about the upcoming changes.
  8. Better Strike specific loot, and hopefully some lost sector specific loot as well.
    • I feel neutral about the upcoming changes to the first part. Forgot to mention the second part.
  9. A way to make Common, Uncommon, and Rare items into Legendaries.
  10. Melee and grenades should be slightly stronger than they currently are, given how slow the recharge rates are without mods.
    • Forgot to mention this.
  11. Grimoire in game (a library of lore in the tower, for example) and some way to track the scannables.

Ree

Ree

Associate
think its probably a case of "too little too late" with anything they do now unfortunately, it's absolutely astounding how long it takes these guys to change anything.

Back
Top Bottom