Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato

My personal favourite

I've found it one of the trickier ones to control.

You also get to change your jumping method throughout as well. I believe the warlock can change to "Blink", which teleports you a short distance.

Your current one is kind of a glide.

I'd definitely suggest looking up a guide on YouTube - there's quite a bit to all of the classes!

Indeed, Blink is quite fun but not one for jumping puzzles as it's easy to mis-judge distances and platforms...unless you're a sucker for pain :D
Burst glide is great, more horizontal boost and if you pair with dawnblade, you can cover a lot of ground (More useful in PvP)

Soldato
Making the long jumps is super easy now that I can get a burst of speed and then glide down. It's just when they throw in the half jumps that it comes a nightmare because it's so easy to completely overshoot them. I had some huge trouble in the main campaign when you need to fix the pistons and then turn on the main power. Died 5 times falling when missing an awkward jump. That's probably the most un-fun thing about this game. Throwing in weird platform sections in a game that doesn't control well for precision jumping.

Associate
I no absolutely nothing about this game . I see it’s free at the moment and am tempted to download and give it a go but not knowing anything about it puts me off a little . Is it one of these games full of loot boxes and paid content ?

Associate
I no absolutely nothing about this game . I see it’s free at the moment and am tempted to download and give it a go but not knowing anything about it puts me off a little . Is it one of these games full of loot boxes and paid content ?

It has loot boxes. But just for cosmetics and emotes and such. You can earn them as you play also. You get an XP boost every reset for the first 3 levels. With 3 characters you can get 9 engrams per week easily.

Associate
The tutorial was dire. All the epic music and nothing really epic happening, and some really bad dialogue. Only just completed the first mission to get my light back, thankfully my little drone thing is no longer depressed. Mobs seems to be very predictable and remind me of the first Halo. Not looking very good so far, but I wont give up just yet! Still interested to learn how it all works.
There's a tutorial?!

It's a slow starter, stick with it.. game doesn't really begin to start until you get to the end game content.

Edit: Which I should clarify.... get the campaign out the way and you get into Raids, Nightfalls and other shenanigans.

Soldato
There's a tutorial?!

It's a slow starter, stick with it.. game doesn't really begin to start until you get to the end game content.

Edit: Which I should clarify.... get the campaign out the way and you get into Raids, Nightfalls and other shenanigans.

Managed to play another hour. Its quite fun now after the very poor start. Reminds me of Hellgate London, which I liked a lot. I'm just running around the first map clicking on the mission sword things. Little events keep happening around the church that are fun. I've never really been into end game stuff, I just like doing my own thing and learning as I go.

Last edited:
Soldato
I liked the free game so much i bought the Forsaken tonight, playing through the freebie and the expansions then going to use my free lvl up to raise another character to 30 and play it.

Associate
Are you able to play through the campaign as a duo? Got a friend that should be catching up on my level. Would be cool to go through the rest of the story with him.

You can group up on the original campaign after The Farm. There will be a few parts such as opening more super sub-classes that are still solo. You can group most parts of the DLCs and Forsaken campaign as well.

Associate
Managed to play another hour. Its quite fun now after the very poor start. Reminds me of Hellgate London, which I liked a lot. I'm just running around the first map clicking on the mission sword things. Little events keep happening around the church that are fun. I've never really been into end game stuff, I just like doing my own thing and learning as I go.
It's a game that improves significantly after the main story, this in my opinion.

When you get a team together and go into a Raid, that's what it's all about. Getting the rare loot and demolishing everything in sight is brilliant.

Soldato
So got back into this after a 9 month hiatus, finished warmind and moving on to forsaken. I actually am enjoying myself a lot more. The reintroduction of grind for cores etc and familiarising myself with the new system was a tad jarring but I think for the better.

Associate
ive just got to the farm bit, does this mean I can co op now with my bro? I don't know how destiny works lol don't know how to play multiplayer or anything?

Soldato
ive just got to the farm bit, does this mean I can co op now with my bro? I don't know how destiny works lol don't know how to play multiplayer or anything?

You need to do the spark mission about retrieving the shard. After that you'll return to the farm again and get access to co-op.

Back
Top Bottom