Destiny 2... It's a coming!

I know of quite a few who haven't played the first Destiny but are getting the second. I have been watching as much as possible of the first one on youtube etc to get the feel for it

No word on cross platform but I can't see Sony agreeing to it. MS might.

Would be surprised if its m$ that need to agree to it, I would guess its more likely m$ would push for it, better for xbox /win10 then, & the devs would need to agree to whatever needs doing for it.

Also not sure if I would want cross platform tbh, theres the whole ugly aim assist issues for controllers, not of great importance in the pve sections, but assuming there will be pvp....

Well Sony allows cross platform for FF 14 - I don't see why they wouldn't with PC on this - now getting Sony; MS and PC to all interact; would be a bit of a challenge; not really that big of one; just getting the servers to communicate quickly enough.

Bungie controls this -

Keyboard and mouse vs controllers would be a nightmare for cross platform. Cross console would work, but I honestly can't see FPS's mixing those two control mechanisms without issue.

Agreed, mouse and keyboard generally is far superior to controller on a FPS. So crossplay would give keyboard/mouse users an advantage.

Having enjoyed the first one, I am really looking forward to this on pc. One of the first games I've pre-ordered in a long time.

I know of quite a few who haven't played the first Destiny but are getting the second. I have been watching as much as possible of the first one on youtube etc to get the feel for it
You owe it to yourself to try and find a cheap console and D1, despite being a PC fanboy I think it's one of the best shooters ever made. You are in for a treat.

Keyboard and mouse vs controllers would be a nightmare for cross platform. Cross console would work, but I honestly can't see FPS's mixing those two control mechanisms without issue.

But, it's a coop game, right? Why not just let people play cross platform in the coop aspect and separate them out for pvp?

People playing vs npcs doesn't matter if they're using a controller or mouse and keyboard

But, it's a coop game, right? Why not just let people play cross platform in the coop aspect and separate them out for pvp?

People playing vs npcs doesn't matter if they're using a controller or mouse and keyboard

I agree. I would rather be able to play with my friends on consoles whilst using my pc than being left on my todd because i have a superior control system.

Back
Top Bottom