Destiny 2

Soldato
What strat did you use? We struggled to find the pattern yesterday....

By the time I joined it still took far too long. From memory we planned for go for 24 or 36 on the first run, each take a dog and get it close to dead (as killing them shortens the time). Then go for another 24 or 36 and kill them all on the same damage phase. It didn't quite work out that way though as we got 24 but a couple of dogs weren't weak enough so did another 24 damage phase so all 6 were weak then killed them all on the third damage phase.

The far left and far right flowers are a pain to get though we seemed to find a good route for front and mid flowers on both sides.

Associate
We spent 4 hours on the dogs launch night and didn't get it done until the second run at it. I think 2 sets of 36 and everyone with merciless is good for damage but the key is assigning everyone a dog each. You can sneak quite close to the dogs if they're not facing you so its just working out the patterns and doing things quick.

Got to the final boss and will be finishing it tonight hopefully. Running the gauntlet was 'fun' though when it comes together its just like the dogs and becomes straightforward.

Associate
From what I've read, the key to getting the dogs in one round is;

Everyone with Merciless
60 damage mod

As per this video:

Map used in the video for the dog movements is below;

n9l9m

https://imgur.com/a/n9l9m

Associate
Just logged on and will be playing till approx 7:30 if anyone needs to do the rat king quest....

Last edited:
Soldato
What strat did you use? We struggled to find the pattern yesterday....

1) Each person is designated a dog/flower for DPS phase (this is critical to avoid utter confusion / dogs left with full health on one side vs no health on the other)
2) Ground group aim for 24-36x damage modifier depending on location of flowers.
3) Once in place (or dogs alerted) everyone burns their dog down to half health on the first round.
4) Repeat 2-3 above for a quick two phase or aim for 1/4 - 1/3 health after damage.
5) Repeat 2-3 above for kill.

You can 1 phase if everything works out and the moons align (flowers in the right places, dogs deciding to play ball, random crap doesn't happen) but a 2-3 phase is just as "easy" and only requires 24x damage mod to pull off (24x = 3 phase / 36x = 2 phase*).

Anyone up for a reset run tomorrow?

*It is perfectly possible to 2 phase with only 24x damage (1 phase is technically possible as well) but if you have varying levels of DPS then we found it was better to play safe than go all out. This may of course change as everyone gets to a higher light level and knows exactly where to go for each flower / dog.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cool, I imagine we could get to the final boss relatively quickly (may as well read up on the gauntlet section so we know what to expect) and then spend the rest of the evening struggling with that... :p

Soldato
I will be quoting this at 01:00 when we're still on the dogs ;)

Lol! I have my "Sad!" emote at the ready...

Ok so I will pencil a reset run in:

PS4 - Leviathan "Totally not going to get held up on the dogs" Raid - 6/7ish start

- OweO - Warlock or Hunter
- Astaley - Titan
- JPM - Hunter (is your Warlock up to raid light level yet?)
- ?
- ?
- ?

Just need 3 more who are ready to suffer, sorry I mean Enjoy, our attempt at clearing the raid... :D

Back
Top Bottom