*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
Love Destiny sometimes....

Woke up a bit early so had an hour to kill before work. Thought I'd knock off the PoE 34 to finish a cipher.

LFG, join party......squeaker. Ok fine....next one joins....squeaker's squeaker mate. And then another one....apparently the other one is doing a 28 and commentating on the whole thing, mostly about how crap the other people are.

Make our way through the 4 levels, a couple of wipes on hive because they aren't paying attention to modifiers (lightswitch). I dismantle/destroy most of the mines and earn about 10 medic medals on the way.

Get to valus, none of them have gjallarhorn, not even tracking or prox rockets. They just sit their trying to clear adds. Give up after 4 wipes. No checkpoints......sigh.

Anyone around today about 1115 GMT to do a 34 quickly?

Associate
Anyone on XB1 running VoG or CE this weekend? I've been working lates this week so I've not been able to join anything. Will also need NF and Weekly.

Soldato
Sooooo just finished off the weekly nightfall and finally got my long awaited and anticipated Gjally rocket launcher:D:D. Quite pleased with finally getting one, now just have to level it up for some destructive goodness lol

Btw did I mention I got a Gjally tonight??....:D

About time! I can't imagine Dave was massively amused despite being pleased for you as he got a legendary engram which decided to a pile of crap! :D

I got my 4th Celestial Nighthawk. Ooh yeah!

Soldato
Fancy a bit of PVP? I wouldn't mind getting a bit more practice in.

Yeah works for me. I think elimination is on the playlists this week? If not then anything on the HoW map rotation would be good practice.

Absolutely loving Timepiece still, it just feels *right*. Surprisingly effective in close quarters as the hip-fire is pretty good.

Soldato
Yeah works for me. I think elimination is on the playlists this week? If not then anything on the HoW map rotation would be good practice.

Absolutely loving Timepiece still, it just feels *right*. Surprisingly effective in close quarters as the hip-fire is pretty good.

I'm happy with whatever mode as long as it involves some kind of teamplay.

I spent a bit of time last night maxing my Timepiece (well to 300) and, wow, I love it! Feels like a legendary Bad Juju albeit without autofire. Feels tighter than Skorri's Revenge and has a bigger mag to boot.

I'm looking forward to Trials on Monday as I want both the boots and the Summoner. Not fussed about the lack of burn as I want it for PVP only.

Caporegime
I'm happy with whatever mode as long as it involves some kind of teamplay.

I spent a bit of time last night maxing my Timepiece (well to 300) and, wow, I love it! Feels like a legendary Bad Juju albeit without autofire. Feels tighter than Skorri's Revenge and has a bigger mag to boot.

I'm looking forward to Trials on Monday as I want both the boots and the Summoner. Not fussed about the lack of burn as I want it for PVP only.

I have 2 summoners with burn and IMO it's nothing great for PvE or PvP. Far better choices out there and by a long margin too.

I will need to compare my timepiece with my messenger but hopskotch is the ultimate pvp pulse rifle atm. Messenger is my go to pulse red death just doesn't have enough stability or impact to make it worth using even with the life perk.

Until thorn is nerfed there isn't much point using anything else atm though.

All the pro players when they play private matches usually play either 1 thorn per team or no thorns at all.

They also usually play no heavy or final round.

So basically anything that is OP isn't usually allowed in high skillers private matches.

Speaking of alternative crucible weapons.....you guys seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHcYux-o1y0

Dirty.

@ work so cannot view but lemme guess hopskotch? or monte carlo throwing knife combo?

Caporegime
About time! I can't imagine Dave was massively amused despite being pleased for you as he got a legendary engram which decided to a pile of crap! :D

I got my 4th Celestial Nighthawk. Ooh yeah!

Lol yeh well I moaned enough about it so at least you lot won't have to worry about me now going on about it. Now ill just turn my attention to something else lol.

I hate getting legendary engrams, usually because it's something I've either got or useless etc.

Gimp if your up for a poe 34 or 35, I'll be online around the same time I normally am ie 8pm-ish. Just send me an invite or message.

Soldato
I have 2 summoners with burn and IMO it's nothing great for PvE or PvP. Far better choices out there and by a long margin too.

I'm not bothered if there are better choices out there. I have had a lot of fun running Pest Control in regular crucible so Summoner will be even better, especially when they re-buff AR's somewhat.

I am even less bothered about what "pro" players do..

Soldato
I'm not bothered if there are better choices out there. I have had a lot of fun running Pest Control in regular crucible so Summoner will be even better, especially when they re-buff AR's somewhat.

I am even less bothered about what "pro" players do..

But surely you must play to win! Games aren't for fun!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

(;))

Associate
Yeah, I'll be on from around 8pm. But think we now have two spots open.

CE Normal - Flawless 8PM - PS4

1. Greboth - Greeboth
2. BF-Bert - DavieM66
3. AStaley - AStaley
4. Paul_M - Turbo_Nuter

Can I get in on this? I am new to CE but have a level 32 Warlock with some maxed exotic weapons.

Soldato
Once ARs get a buff Summoner will be awesome, it has some really good perks, I have 1 of each burn now so might give it a good try in PVE too. Playing around with messenger in PVE and its a beast there too, 1800crits on tier 1 mobs.

Back
Top Bottom