*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

I want to give raids a go.

Does anyone have a free slot that I could fill? Vault of Glass would probably be the best one for me to do for the time being. I'm 272 light.

As Davey said there isn't going to be a lot of people running VoG or Crota now. I would think you would struggle to find people on LFG either as it is pointless runing either of them now. It is a shame really that they don't update the old raids somehow to keep them relevant. At 272 light you are massively over levelled for both VoG (150 light) and Crota (175 light) but both are worth doing for the experience.

I am running Kings Fall tonight and away over the weeked but best bet is to post up a date and time and see if people join. If I am free I am happy to run through them both, if nothing else I can exchange everything for motes and spend them all on faction rep. With 1 or 2 newbies and the rest experience we should be able to get through both VoG and Crota in ~2 hours.

As Davey said there isn't going to be a lot of people running VoG or Crota now. I would think you would struggle to find people on LFG either as it is pointless runing either of them now. It is a shame really that they don't update the old raids somehow to keep them relevant. At 272 light you are massively over levelled for both VoG (150 light) and Crota (175 light) but both are worth doing for the experience.

I am running Kings Fall tonight and away over the weeked but best bet is to post up a date and time and see if people join. If I am free I am happy to run through them both, if nothing else I can exchange everything for motes and spend them all on faction rep. With 1 or 2 newbies and the rest experience we should be able to get through both VoG and Crota in ~2 hours.

Crota and / or VoG would be a good bit of fun. Crota especially as it looks like the Solar sword (at least the Exotic one) can block Crota's smash...

I've completed the raid so it's all about the loot drops now and I don't mind missing the first part.

I'll try and get on as close to 7pm as possible but will definitely be there by half past.

Edit: I need to pick my daughter up from Girls Brigade at ten past so it's going to be quarter past at the earliest for me and 15 minutes of you having to listen to me telling her to get ready for bed until my wife comes home just after half past.

She's 6 now so I assume she's pretty much self bedding. :)

It's all fine then. See you online tonight.

BTW I haven't played with many of you before so my psn is apatia7, just add me before the raid please :)

Watched a vid of a guy solo'ing the "Mini Crota" Tier 3 boss. After the second down phase he used the sword (Solor Exotic IIRC) to block Crota's sword and then proceeded to uppercut him for the third down.

Looks like when solo the Uppercut alone is enough to take his shield.

Damn u Davey :D thought I had done the ninja edit quickly before anyone saw lol.

Ninja Davey sees all :D

Fair enough, what about Crota then?

With 1 or 2 newbies and the rest experience we should be able to get through both VoG and Crota in ~2 hours.

Crota is a breeze with just one experienced person tbh. The mechanics are really straightforward I feel, and considering it's easy to solo the raid, it should be straightfoward taking others through it.

7pm Tuesday raiding, sorted

1) ?
2) MachM82
3) Greboth
4) DaveyPitch
5) OweO
6) DavieM66

Sorry guys I gotta drop out, been sick as a dog last couple of days.

I want to give raids a go.

Does anyone have a free slot that I could fill? Vault of Glass would probably be the best one for me to do for the time being. I'm 272 light.

I can run Vault of Glass and Crota's End sometime no problem. I'll be on King's Fall a lot naturally but if I'm free I'll certainly help out.

Unlucky lads.

Xbox guys - I'm up for raiding again this Friday if people want to try again. Think we'll breeze through to Golgoroth now. Should make it easier to beat him as people will be less tired.

I ended up playing 20 matches of control with a couple of you guys after we stopped the raid on Sunday. We only lost two matches (no stat whore), was some amusing double team shotgun/sword running. Always up for crucible with people from OCUK.

That was an insane run we had there. As someone who generally stays away from PvP I actually enjoyed that a lot. Thorn is still great for killing and those B spot holds were insane at times. :D

Back
Top Bottom