*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
Dear lord, I tried to do the sisters with a bunch of randoms quickly before bed and thats the first time I have come across a complete **** on it.

He was bossy, got angry when people quit after he had shouted at them when they made any mistake. The best part was that he argued with us for 2 minutes before we started about how it actually works. Turns out he hadn't done it but "he had been told" it works the way he said. We all quit eventually because he was such a ****.

5 good people ruined by one bad. I felt really sorry for the guys that were inexperienced because he expected them to understand and execute first go even after his **** explanation. It was a joke.

Thats crap, sorry we couldn't get it done for you last night, we were getting better just ran out of time :(

Associate
Told you my jumping was rubbish, though it was significantly better than the other night, I never got near the relic the other night, at least I picked it up a couple of times. I just new it would pick me for what would have been the final one, sorry I let you guys down again.
I really enjoyed doing it though, great bunch of lads :)

Yeah the last two times I was torn I picked it up I think and managed to dunk it on the platform on the one where we had the good run. Think I'd do better once my hunter is up to 295ish because the triple jump would save me an awful lot of hassle. I'll look into changing my Titan from strength to agility and see if that gives me a little extra boost.

Ooft. Shall we plan a NM for this week sometime then? Weds perhaps?

Yeah I can do weds or thurs I suspect. I'm desperate to get this finished and think I can do it now. We were probably 30 mins away from having the perfect run on the sisters last night. Another good bunch from the forum again last night, not like the ones unfortunate enough to play with randoms. Though we did have a brotherly annoyance at order of platform jumping hahaha, tbf I blame my brother for everyone of my Destiny deaths when we play together. :D

Soldato
Dear lord, I tried to do the sisters with a bunch of randoms quickly before bed and thats the first time I have come across a complete **** on it.

He was bossy, got angry when people quit after he had shouted at them when they made any mistake. The best part was that he argued with us for 2 minutes before we started about how it actually works. Turns out he hadn't done it but "he had been told" it works the way he said. We all quit eventually because he was such a ****.

5 good people ruined by one bad. I felt really sorry for the guys that were inexperienced because he expected them to understand and execute first go even after his **** explanation. It was a joke.

Try the100.io instead of the LFG sites. People are much more chilled out. Can't stand LFG these days. Last time I had a bunch of squeakers who were fine but this american guy who was quite clearly coked up to the eyeballs ranting and talking absolute **** it was ridiculous.

Soldato
Yeah the last two times I was torn I picked it up I think and managed to dunk it on the platform on the one where we had the good run. Think I'd do better once my hunter is up to 295ish because the triple jump would save me an awful lot of hassle. I'll look into changing my Titan from strength to agility and see if that gives me a little extra boost.

Yep, going from strength to agility did help with my Titan though I personally don't think any of the Titan jumps are great, the 2 with height and control seem to take an eternity to land, which of course wastes time :mad:

Yeah I can do weds or thurs I suspect. I'm desperate to get this finished and think I can do it now. We were probably 30 mins away from having the perfect run on the sisters last night. Another good bunch from the forum again last night, not like the ones unfortunate enough to play with randoms. Though we did have a brotherly annoyance at order of platform jumping hahaha, tbf I blame my brother for everyone of my Destiny deaths when we play together. :D

:o Frustration more than anything, better to take it out on my brother than the others though ;)

I think you're right, another half hour and we would have nailed it, the actual dps went ok, apart from the odd bubble block, I reckon it wouldn't have taken too long to get Oryx nailed as we would have had a decent jumper every time and the mechanics don't seem too bad from what I've looked at.

Wish I could jump in Wednesday or Thursday but I'm back on nightshift tonight so won't be available till the weekend, like you I am desperate to get this done :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Honestly for Oryx, if you have a couple of guys who have touch of malice...get them to use that whilst in the bubble. No need to re-load and u won't take any damage and neither will your health deplete as u get to the last round in the magazine.

Not only that it causes untold dps on oryx as u can just keep nailing him. Took me and my group about 3 go's and we had him down. Although only me and another guy had ToM's but still worked well for us. Last week all 6 of my group had ToM's and didn't take us long to get him down.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Thats crap, sorry we couldn't get it done for you last night, we were getting better just ran out of time :(

lol, not your fault at all. I had more fun in the 2 hours we were doing it than I did with that LFG group and we nearly did it quite quickly. The guy was just an ass. I don't know if he was the fire team leader or the leader was just keen to get it over with but after 2 people left another guy had enough and said "this group is toxic" and left. I did the same after that.

There were a few of us telling him to chill out and stop being an ass because some people just needed a little help if they haven't done it before and the others just kept quiet.

Soldato
Honestly for Oryx, if you have a couple of guys who have touch of malice...get them to use that whilst in the bubble. No need to re-load and u won't take any damage and neither will your health deplete as u get to the last round in the magazine.

Not only that it causes untold dps on oryx as u can just keep nailing him. Took me and my group about 3 go's and we had him down. Although only me and another guy had ToM's but still worked well for us. Last week all 6 of my group had ToM's and didn't take us long to get him down.

ToM would be great, don't you need to finish the raid though to get it? I have the old hunger quest, just waiting for the bit from oryx to do the next bit (oh and another 22 calcified fragments which shouldn't be an issue)

Soldato

AFAIK the DPS you do on Oryx doesn't matter, it's the bombs that do the damage. You just need to do enough damage to stagger him, and the bomb detonators have to register some damage on him. Doing 'extra' beyond what is required for those triggers doesn't make any difference. As I understand it anyway.

fez

fez

Caporegime
ToM would be great, don't you need to finish the raid though to get it? I have the old hunger quest, just waiting for the bit from oryx to do the next bit (oh and another 22 calcified fragments which shouldn't be an issue)

The calcified fragments are easy to get to be honest. Use http://destinycalcifiedfragments.com to find them. Its just harder if you have a second character because it uses your grimoire which is shared so you need to manually check which ones you have on that list on each char.

Associate
Was running the raid for the first time over the last week with some friends and we made it to Oryx. We didn't do it but I have a question. We managed to stagger Oryx and detonate the bombs in the first round, but we were then teleported to do the shade? I thought that only happened later on in the fight, and you were supposed to just run in circles to escape the bombs the first 2 times?

Soldato
The calcified fragments are easy to get to be honest. Use http://destinycalcifiedfragments.com to find them. Its just harder if you have a second character because it uses your grimoire which is shared so you need to manually check which ones you have on that list on each char.

Yes thats what I have been using, only really started looking for them in earnest yesterday though. My Warlock is way behind my titan though, been really neglected but it is 290 light as I have been infusing stuff my titan gets, just not really been running it through missions etc.

The odd thing about the ToM quest is that I got the old hunger quest before the hunger pangs quest, I thought it was supposed to be the other way round :confused:

Soldato
Was running the raid for the first time over the last week with some friends and we made it to Oryx. We didn't do it but I have a question. We managed to stagger Oryx and detonate the bombs in the first round, but we were then teleported to do the shade? I thought that only happened later on in the fight, and you were supposed to just run in circles to escape the bombs the first 2 times?

Hmm I've only seen shade on first run if you haven't done enough damage. Make sure all bombs go off and all guys DPS him after.

Soldato
IIRC the guys that detonate the bombs have to DPS him as well or the damage doesn't count. The bomb detonation text delay is super annoying mind...

Soldato

Timing wise Titans and Hunters are about equal for the jumping. I think in a perfect run a hunter might be a second or 2 quicker but I don't actually know that. For my Titan I use the control jump as I find it easier to be accurate with compared to the other jumps. It is all personal preference though and it is interesting to see that people like you prefer the hunter jump and yet I hate it with a passion :D

Yep, going from strength to agility did help with my Titan though I personally don't think any of the Titan jumps are great, the 2 with height and control seem to take an eternity to land, which of course wastes time

This may be an obvious question but you do know you can cancel the glide by pressing x again? As above, I use control glide and run off the platform hit the glide and then as I get close cancel the glide and freefall on to the next platform.

Yup, you have to finish the raid to get it. Slightly annoying as it makes the end of the raid sooooo easy as you can save sniper ammo for the Ogre's rather than Oryx chest. I think as long as you have 2 or 3 people with it in NM you should still be able to get through it easily.

Soldato
Shame there's not anything cool for finishing HM. When I beat NM and got the Heart of Malice I was like sweet! Cool gear, and ran off to get my ToM. Beat HM and got.....an emblem :'(

Associate
Timing wise Titans and Hunters are about equal for the jumping. I think in a perfect run a hunter might be a second or 2 quicker but I don't actually know that. For my Titan I use the control jump as I find it easier to be accurate with compared to the other jumps. It is all personal preference though and it is interesting to see that people like you prefer the hunter jump and yet I hate it with a passion :D

I prefer my titan for everything, just though I may get more joy from haveing that extra jump in the locker however i didn't realise you could cancel the glide (as below). On titan I use the 4th jump option (extra burst I think) as the third one always propelled me too far with no real control over direction, i'll try it out tonight and jump around somewhere for a bit.

This may be an obvious question but you do know you can cancel the glide by pressing x again? As above, I use control glide and run off the platform hit the glide and then as I get close cancel the glide and freefall on to the next platform.

Yup, you have to finish the raid to get it. Slightly annoying as it makes the end of the raid sooooo easy as you can save sniper ammo for the Ogre's rather than Oryx chest. I think as long as you have 2 or 3 people with it in NM you should still be able to get through it easily.

I'm going to get the calcified fragments ready for when I run through NM again on thursday and get the exotic. Missed out on the daily yesterday as we couldn't bring divrik down within 10 mins, even ran through with three of us and it wasn't happening :(

fez

fez

Caporegime
The black spindle mission is easier with 3 but then there are more enemies so its not "that" much easier. You just have people to get you up and killing divrik is easier if there are 3 of you with exotic swords.

Black spindle was nice for the sisters but honestly I had to reload still because occasionally one of the sisters would spas out and you would miss a shot. That and sometimes the adds would come into the bubble and hit you which would jog the reticle. Getting 3 precision shots in a row is certainly not a given.

When I was trying it with a few others last night we didn't go to the back we went to just under the pedestal the sister was on which made it easier as well. You are that much closer that everyone should hit with 90% of shots.

Associate
The black spindle mission is easier with 3 but then there are more enemies so its not "that" much easier. You just have people to get you up and killing divrik is easier if there are 3 of you with exotic swords.

Black spindle was nice for the sisters but honestly I had to reload still because occasionally one of the sisters would spas out and you would miss a shot. That and sometimes the adds would come into the bubble and hit you which would jog the reticle. Getting 3 precision shots in a row is certainly not a given.

When I was trying it with a few others last night we didn't go to the back we went to just under the pedestal the sister was on which made it easier as well. You are that much closer that everyone should hit with 90% of shots.

Hopefully that daily appears again soon, Me and Cusack got close and Me, Davie and Cusack got close but never got him below 40%. Tried again after the raid but got to the same situation. I could really do with the spindle as I'm generally quite good with sniper rifles, my 1000 yard stare (void) is just a little too slow on the reload which hampered last nights progress but I'm sure my solar one is quicker on the reload but doesn't do as much damage in the raids.

Soldato
Timing wise Titans and Hunters are about equal for the jumping. I think in a perfect run a hunter might be a second or 2 quicker but I don't actually know that. For my Titan I use the control jump as I find it easier to be accurate with compared to the other jumps. It is all personal preference though and it is interesting to see that people like you prefer the hunter jump and yet I hate it with a passion :D.

:p what happened too warlock master race, guess you need to jump higher then 2 feet too be a master race like hunters :D.

Back
Top Bottom