*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
I wouldn't mind going through it from the start on my Warlock but if nobody is up for that, I can just do Oryx.

I wanna go through it from the start on my Titan for more chance at better gear, really need a good special everything I've had so far is 310 or below :(. I should have my 2nd hunter too Lv40 this week then I'll just need triple jump and I'll have 3 for the raid.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Normal mode raid bluebear because fallout is for willies.

I jumped in to try and help Radial earlier on the HM raid at the war priest checkpoint and we managed to get that sorted 2nd go and then the same on Golgoroth. Have to say, in that 30 minutes or so I got better (and more) gear than I have doing the NM raid about 5 times (still haven't finished it though!).

Got the sniper at 217, chest at 214, boots at 207, MG at 207. Happy days!

Soldato
Thanks for the run last night. Was really good and smooth including Oryx HM.

I did another whole raid just before ocuk run which took about 1.5h, we did the no knight strat which was new to me but my task was fairly easy so we managed to get it done in just few tries.

Guess it was the smoothest HM night ever :)

Soldato
Well we had another good raid last night and thanks go out to Hairy and Skiddy for the last minute call ups.

Seems it is possible to 5 man daughters (although it is a bit manic :D)

Although I didn't get anything decent from it (HM is required now I think :eek:)

I came so close to binning the relic jumping on the final completion for oryx and how we managed to kill Golgorath with enraged pretty much active I will never know. :)

If anyone fancies doing a NM raid on Friday feel free to join up (I may actually have my hunter ready for her first raid)
Usual 8 pm start

1) Je11y Master
2) FunkyStrawberry
3)
4)
5)
6)

Soldato
Yeah...bit annoying HM.

On the one hand, it's a great bit of design, I like the mechanics. Oryx HM is a great challenge.

On the other hand...once you're light 312+ everything else up to Oryx becomes trivially easy. Warpriest goes down in two sequences easy, Golgoroth we got down to a pixel of health on 3 bubbles, daughters just get punished in two cycles....then you get to Oryx, the difficulty is in another league.

That said, if the rest of the raid ramped up difficulty more in line with Oryx, the pants loot system would be mega frustrating.

They really need to add a floor to the drop light levels based on your current light. Mouldering shards were good the first few times you go at the raid because you felt like you were gaining something even if you didn't manage to clear it....you'd get a payoff when you eventually beat it.

In fact, you know what I'd be fine if they just got rid of mouldering shards from the loot table...it would make the fact drops can be lower light than your current a bit less painful if you always got gear at each drop.

Soldato
I wouldn't hold out too much hope, I managed to swap 20 Mouldering Shards for 2 Mouldering Shards on 4 HM runs so far! :p

Well my titan is now at 308/309 so I need to get some of the harrowed gear for at the very least infusion fuel. (I'm hoping the crazy number of hours I have put in since TTK was launched will appease RNG ;p Although like a lot of people Fallout 4 will be taking up more of my time)

Associate
295 is about the minimum light level, closer you are to 300 the better. Anything under 295 u won't cause enough damage to the ads.
Nonsense :p

I think I was 290 for my first KF raid. We even had a couple people below 285. 290 is the recommended light level for the raid and so anyone at 285+ will be fine all the way up to Oryx. At Oryx, the recommended level is 300 so survival may be slightly harder, but as long as you have some experienced others in your team around the 300 mark or above, it'll be fine.

Caporegime
Nonsense :p

I think I was 290 for my first KF raid. We even had a couple people below 285. 290 is the recommended light level for the raid and so anyone at 285+ will be fine all the way up to Oryx. At Oryx, the recommended level is 300 so survival may be slightly harder, but as long as you have some experienced others in your team around the 300 mark or above, it'll be fine.

:p fair enough, I was just saying or making the point that the higher light u are the more easier it is to get past certain parts of the raid.

I didn't bother doing my first raid till I was close to 300 as I didn't want to let my fire team down with not causing enough damage

fez

fez

Caporegime
Honestly the raid is probably more about whether you can execute a plan than having the best weapons/highest light. You won't usually spend 2 hours on a section because you aren't strong enough but because you have people in your team not performing. The higher your light level the less your performance matters really. Have enough high level people and you can be carried through certain parts but there comes a point where you have to do something vital to the teams progress.

Associate
Zoomee, thanks for your help and patience last night buddy, I was not expecting it to take that long to Sherpa those guys, but everyone has to start somewhere!

IOU a fast NM clear :) I'll give you a shout for the sword quest too.

Also, guys from Tuesday. Up for the HM fresh run on Alts? Saturday maybe?

Tuesday PS4 KF HM 8:30pm

1) middgen
2) TL_Venom
3) Drunzer
4) apatia7
5) cowoboybebop7DR
6) TehMoe

Last edited:
Associate
Agreed, thanks for the run guys :) The second was always going to be a little bonus if we got it, later in the week maybe?

I have 2 spaces for a chilled NM run tonight on PS4. Let me know if anyone wants in?

I can probably run through tonight, I desperately want to get a raid complete and move beyond light 296. Got to the sisters twice and tried Oryx once :(

Soldato
Zoomee, thanks for your help and patience last night buddy, I was not expecting it to take that long to Sherpa those guys, but everyone has to start somewhere!

IOU a fast NM clear :) I'll give you a shout for the sword quest too.

Also, guys from Tuesday. Up for the HM fresh run on Alts? Saturday maybe?

Ahaha - no worries mate, like you said, we all have to start somewhere.

It gets a bit difficult finding a group when you get to about 308. Ideally I want to run Hard mode at this point but its just out of reach and people insist on 310+. Normal mode is currently being used a lot by newbies - so finding groups can be difficult. Lucky I have two alts at 303 and 304 which I run through normal just for the heck of it lol

Up for a hard mode run on saturday if u need one more ;)

Back
Top Bottom