*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Associate
I can probably run through tonight, I desperately want to get a raid complete and move beyond light 296. Got to the sisters twice and tried Oryx once :(

I am not about tonight, but if you drop me a FR on PSN, I'm happy to help when I'm on.

It gets a bit difficult finding a group when you get to about 308. Ideally I want to run Hard mode at this point but its just out of reach and people insist on 310+.
Up for a hard mode run on saturday if u need one more ;)

I'll start a list then. Saturday PS4 KF HM 8:30pm

Could be unorthodox and clear the Oryx CP first and then run the start of the raid after?! I'm easy though, it may be that people need the full run first to level up.

1) TL_Venom
2) Zoomee
3)
4)
5)
6)

Soldato

Could be unorthodox and clear the Oryx CP first and then run the start of the raid after?! I'm easy though, it may be that people need the full run first to level up.

1) TL_Venom
2) Zoomee
3) Drunzer
4)
5)
6)

I'll go with either but personally I'd prefer to do it from the start to help me get warmed up a bit.

Associate
I am not about tonight, but if you drop me a FR on PSN, I'm happy to help when I'm on.

1) TL_Venom
2) Zoomee
3) Drunzer
4) Turbo_Nuter
5)
6)

Put me down should be well enough by Saturday, got to try and get one run done this week.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Finally got a ToM after completing the raid for the first time. It was getting ridiculous! I was 309 light and still hadn't completed the raid. That final phobos mission to get it was not easy though.

Soldato

Aw man, that raid on Tuesday just as I joined the party I heard a bunch of talk about how good the no knight strategy and I just wanted to leave. I've tried that strategy so many times when HM first started and I spent hours each time with no success, it really put me off the raid. I'm not saying it doesn't work, it's just I have personally had horrible experiences with it. As I have said before I prefer Knight Watcher over No Knights because it removes a lot of the luck elements from the strategy, if you die during Knight Watcher usually it's because you did something wrong.

I did see an interesting comment on that thread though, a guy suggesting the top 2 guys be purely support and then have the guys on the plates snipe their knights.. that also seems viable. The only person who would be in danger would be the last plate holder as they would have 2 knights to snipe so they would need to have a decent level of precision. It'd be fine on the plates closest to the door but at the front you're on a clock because of the tomb ship missiles.

I actually thought of a way to further improve our current strat just came into my head on Tuesday night, just a simple tweak but we can go over it on next time we raid.

Soldato
I did see an interesting comment on that thread though, a guy suggesting the top 2 guys be purely support and then have the guys on the plates snipe their knights.. that also seems viable. The only person who would be in danger would be the last plate holder as they would have 2 knights to snipe so they would need to have a decent level of precision. It'd be fine on the plates closest to the door but at the front you're on a clock because of the tomb ship missiles.

Yeah that's the other variation....but I think as long as your knight watcher is doing the job, there's no need for the platform guys to risk themselves. That's the big plus from our strat imo, it minimises deaths.

Looks like my post is about to hit the front page of the sub....go Knight Watcher!

edit: Boom! Front page...let the revolution commence!

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Well done on getting through the raid, another couple of months and I might get through it :D

Lol, cheers.

We were all 305+ and everyone bar one guy (and me) had done it a few times. It was an LFG group so there were a few ***** in there but it took us 3 attempts to down Oryx so it wasn't too painful.

I'm happy to help you try and get it done before the reset if you are planning a raid this week. With a couple of touch of malice it should be quite easy to do the DPS bits.

Soldato
Is the daily heroic the black spindle one today? I'll be on early this evening if anyone wants to help me get it :)

awww maaaan - I soooo need that gun! - last one on my list.
I'l be on bowt 7-ish if anyone can help me out with the last part of the exotic sword quest. Once I've got that this should be easy enough!

Associate
awww maaaan - I soooo need that gun! - last one on my list.
I'l be on bowt 7-ish if anyone can help me out with the last part of the exotic sword quest. Once I've got that this should be easy enough!

I need to kill 22 more guardians in the crucible for my sword quest. Be easier with a 6 man fire team on 3 v 3 :) I can drag myself away from fall out for a bit about 7

Edit: I can't login at the moment :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom