*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14016

New weapon balance are out. Honestly its nice but I'm starting too lose some hope with Bungie. They seem too always do this huge changes and something gets completely rekt each time. From reading this shotguns are basically useless now, PRs are getting some damage nerf but seriously how did they not know it would be the new main after nerfing/ruining HCs, like pretty much everyone predicted this would happen.

HC changes might be nice, may actual get The Last Curse now that it seems too be somewhat useful. LiTC on snipers should have never worked the way it does, moreover after they made a huge deal about Snipers never killing in 1 body shot and nerf'ing final round, just seems amateur tbh. Actual like the change too AR, a small increase is how it should be done instead of huge changes all at once.

Soldato
Decent enough little tweak, PR needed knocking down a touch, it's all anyone is using in IB.

Anyone down for a HM run Saturday afternoon/evening?

Caporegime
For the raid a bare minimum of 280 light but honestly to have any sort of success in the raid u want be as close to 300 to not become 'the player' that keeps dying lol. When I first did my kings fall raid I made sure I was at least 300 light so that I wasn't that player that let my team down. It just meant I had to grind for about a month before I got close to 300 light to do my first raid.

Hard mode raid?? At least 305 minimum, that will get u to the last boss ie Oryx but for the final fight u want to be as close to 310 as possible. I'm at 311 and even I find it difficult to finish Oryx off, everything before that is pretty easy I found.

Associate
Damn, ok, I'll keeping pugging strikes tomorrow evening then! At least gearing up and ploughing through quests is fun :)

One of the best ways to gear up is Court of Oryx. Keep pumping those runes in, joining in other players Tier 2 and 3 runs and you'll get a boat load of engrams. Some legendries will pop but it's best use is to supply higher level blues to infuse into the stuff you currently have. Do you know about decoding one engram at a time, equipping higher level light gear (even if you're not going to use it) before decoding the next?

Finishing the various quest lines will give you a 300 shotty (Conspiracy Theory D) and a 300 heavy. Take the launcher as the machine gun is awful! You'll get a quest from Eris to do court once you start taking part in it that will give you a 300 artefact but once you get it don't choose the INT/DISC. You get another quest from her which ends with finishing the raid and getting 310 'fact but if you choose INT/DISC first I don't think it gives you that option for the 310. At least it didn't on my hunter or titan but did on my warlock.

TBH you could probably run through KFNM up to the death singers once you hit 290 and you'll get drops on the way that will help.

Soldato
Yea, I've been decoding one at a time, went from 202 to 240 in the space of a couple of hours last night. I've not run any Court of Oryx yet, I think I have a couple of runes in my inventory though.

I haven't finished all of the quest lines yet as I got hammered on the last one I tried (Paradox mission) - that said, I've gone up 40 light levels now so I'll try again tomorrow.

Cheers for all the comments.

Back
Top Bottom