*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
:D

EDIT: Timing wise I can only really do Sat evening. Have had to deal with a lot of crap over the last week so need to cut back on my playtime and spend more time with the Mrs (not on the game).

Last edited:
Soldato
Not that I doubt what you guys are saying but do you know this from experience or did you read it somewhere?

Sure I'd read some people raging because they were doing that strike and got to the end and realised all three had the same element and only one got the completion.

Soldato

EDIT: Timing wise I can only really do Sat evening. Have had to deal with a lot of crap over the last week so need to cut back on my playtime and spend more time with the Mrs (not on the game).

You don't need to clarify that she's not on the game, I don't think anyone thought she was.

Soldato
I'll help =)

Ok, so, shall we say about 7pm Saturday?

VoG/CE Raiding [Saturday 7PM]
1. TehBluebear
2. OweO
3. Greeboth (tentative)
4. Drunzer

And dare I ask what a Relic is? And why OweO with one is a Bad Thing? :D

EDIT: And just to poop on the proceedings, I can't really use a mic at the mo. And you guys may need to shout at me as I'm hard of hearing :p

Associate

1. TehBluebear
2. OweO
3. Greeboth (tentative)
4. Drunzer

EDIT: And just to poop on the proceedings, I can't really use a mic at the mo. And you guys may need to shout at me as I'm hard of hearing :p

I might be available to lend a hand, only been through CE once so be interested to try it again. And VoG is always a laugh. If you see me around on Saturday send an invite.

Soldato

1. TehBluebear
2. OweO
3. Greeboth (tentative)
4. Drunzer

Would we be better waiting until you get a mic? I'm not trying to be harsh here so I really hope I don't come across like that but to be raiding you really need a mic. We will probably be okay with VoG and CE because we're very overleveled for them but for the likes of the new one King's Fall there's no chance you could participate in that without a mic. Plus I think the best part of the raids is the banter so you'll need a mic to defend yourself from any incoming abuse =P

I dunno maybe I'm different from the rest of you but I think for the best experience especially first time I would want to be using my mic.

Soldato

1. TehBluebear
2. OweO
3. Greeboth (tentative)
4. Drunzer
5. TehMoe

@Bluebear, do you have like mobile phone headphones like the iPhone ones or something, they work fine I believe with the PS4, there is also the mono headphones that came with the console.

Soldato
You don't need to clarify that she's not on the game, I don't think anyone thought she was.

Sorry to clarify my Mrs is an avid gamer and has over 500 hours clocked on Destiny to date.

When I say spend more time with her I mean to say not on the game (as we play quite a bit in a fireteam).

7PM Sat is fine for me. CE will be fine without a Mic but VoG may prove a bit of a challenge. I would suggest having TehBluebear shadow one specific person throughout each stage to lessen any confusion.

Also as Relic holder on both Raid I tend to "help" people get out of the detain bubbles. Unfortunately I also confuse "swipe" with "smash" on occasion as Drunzer found out..... :D

Soldato
There is the mic that came with the PS4, but the trouble is atm is that i've got an ear infection (sorry for the TMI!), so could do with not putting stuff into my lugs. Can that mic be used with all sound coming through the TV as well?

And yes, Davey, it could be a bit fun :p I'd like to think I have somewhat a sensible head on my shoulders however, and I can draw upon WoW raiding experience. Such gems as, 'don't stand in the fire' come to mind.

Man of Honour
And yes, Davey, it could be a bit fun :p I'd like to think I have somewhat a sensible head on my shoulders however, and I can draw upon WoW raiding experience. Such gems as, 'don't stand in the fire' come to mind.

Heheh. Some mechanics in the VoG are straightforward. Defending a particular point needs no explaination. There are however certain bits that will kill you if you don't know what you're doing. Killing particular things in a certain order, or knowing what to do if you get a snot goblin exploding next to you, these are things that are useful to have a mic and headset for.

VoG is tons of fun though, especially when you know what you're doing. I've smashed through it loads of times and had some great laughs in it.

Soldato
There is the mic that came with the PS4, but the trouble is atm is that i've got an ear infection (sorry for the TMI!), so could do with not putting stuff into my lugs. Can that mic be used with all sound coming through the TV as well?

Yes I believe you can make all audio go through your TV in the setting and just speak through the mic. Hold down the PS button and then I think it was device settings, it had some options there.

I've had a pretty horrible ear infection last year and I was deaf for 3 weeks in 1 ear so I understand :p.

Also don't worry too much I've only done VoG 3 times, the last time involved me poping my super too try solo the boss was great fun :D.

Associate
Thursday 8pm PS4 King's Fall

1) middgen
2) OweO
3) Greboth
4) AStaley
5) apatia7
6)Col_Jacko

All good, I hit 290 with my 1000 yard stare on my hunter this morning, so all set :)

Thanks to all that guided me through the raid last night. I'm fully clued up on all the mechanics now (even though my jumping skills remain weak).

Back
Top Bottom