*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Caporegime
Think i may be up for raiding soon! Never done it so is it worth playing the past raids?

New raid involves a lot of jumping and relying on everyone doing what's required old raids you can be carried.

Basically 1 person can ruin a run on the new raid on the old you would just continue.

That's why I have stated in the past that the new raid requires a decent fireteam

Associate
Going to have to bow out of this one tonight lads I'm sorry. My wife wants to go to the cinema and if I tell her 'sorry I'm raiding tonight' one more time I'm pretty sure Oryx will be the last of my worries =) I'll be on a little later on though if you's fancy Crucible or something.

I think I'm going to be around. Nursing my hangover and watching rugby all day. We can probably manage with 5 fairly easily...no idea how easy the Y2 stuff will make the firefights?

Associate
The Battery Destiny n00b raid!

Looking for 5 more to do VoG initially, it would be really helpful if someone has gone through it (or part way) before as I haven't (!)

Xbox One - Sunday 4th at 9PM

GT: Battery000

1, Battery! - 240 light Titan

Soldato
Going to have to bow out of this one tonight lads I'm sorry. My wife wants to go to the cinema and if I tell her 'sorry I'm raiding tonight' one more time I'm pretty sure Oryx will be the last of my worries =) I'll be on a little later on though if you's fancy Crucible or something.

Not to worry. We can probably 5 man either anyway.

If you are about later would you be up for a "quick" Deathsinger / Oryx smash?

Soldato
New raid involves a lot of jumping and relying on everyone doing what's required old raids you can be carried.

Basically 1 person can ruin a run on the new raid on the old you would just continue.

That's why I have stated in the past that the new raid requires a decent fireteam

Probably will never happen for me then lol, all mates play on pc! Having no raid experiance wouldnt want to ruin a run for a team of people that know the ins and outs. Is the raid really the end game of destiny until a new add on comes round? (I dislike the pvp side to this game :( )

Soldato
Everyone here is happy to show people the ropes, we were all new to it a couple of weeks ago! You only really need one run to understand all the mechanics.

Associate
I'll be up for this.

Hopefully I can also get my exotic sword tonight. Had we not had xbl issues last night I think I would have done it.

Thanks for the effort though HairyHen. Hopefully you managed to complete your agonarch rune before XBL took you down and booted you out of the game.

Hi Dave it was a pleasure to help out, even though it was ultimately to be in vain :( We were soooooo close!
I did get my Agonarch rune complete, cheers! I got booted out as I returned to the tower.

Soldato

Sounds like fun, if she does go for a right hook do get it on camera :D.

Not to worry. We can probably 5 man either anyway.

If you are about later would you be up for a "quick" Deathsinger / Oryx smash?

I would be down for this, still not finished the raid :X.

Soldato
Everyone here is happy to show people the ropes, we were all new to it a couple of weeks ago! You only really need one run to understand all the mechanics.

Agreed, have done two complete runs and its pretty easy to pick up. if you go in with lads you can have a laugh with it makes it a lot more fun but if you go in with a bunch of elitist's then your in for a bad time..... i have no time for people that think they are God at this game

Soldato
Agreed, have done two complete runs and its pretty easy to pick up. if you go in with lads you can have a laugh with it makes it a lot more fun but if you go in with a bunch of elitist's then your in for a bad time..... i have no time for people that think they are God at this game

+1 - everyone has to learn at some point, and unfortunately a minority of selfish sore losers (who can't be patient) can often ruin something which is just a game at the end of the day......

gl and hf ;)

Soldato
How is it that I wasn't even supposed to be raiding and I'm on before you Moe? For god sake pull your socks up, we're going to go get the door opened whilst we wait on you =P

Associate
The Battery Destiny n00b raid!

Looking for 5 more to do VoG initially, it would be really helpful if someone has gone through it (or part way) before as I haven't (!)

Xbox One - Sunday 4th at 9PM

GT: Battery000

1, Battery! - 240 light Titan
2, hairyhen
3, skidmarkboy
4, craigwilliamp

I'll be up for this as I've only done VoG once before. Might not be tonight though, but feel free to add me on XBL anyway.

EDIT: Okay I've freed up my evening. Managed to get a couple of my homies on board too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom