*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Associate
I was one of the ones who had to cancel and missed on the sign up for tonight. As some cannot make tonight how about;

Kings Fall PS4 raid Saturday 17 8PM GMT
1 - Greboth (Titan at 290 something)
2 - DavieM66 (Warlock at 290 something)
3 - CoreyMcK20 (Warlock at 295)
4 - Drunzer (Warlock at 290 something)
5 -
6 -

Getting to the point now where I can raid twice a week so looking to get my Warlock through it a bit more. Drunzer wants to hop in on this too.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was one of the ones who had to cancel and missed on the sign up for tonight. As some cannot make tonight how about;

2 - DavieM66 (Warlock at 290 something)
5 - ZG002 (Hunter 294)
6 -

Soldato

2 - DavieM66 (Warlock at 290 something)?
5 - OweO
6 - ZG002

Reserve: Tehbluebear & AStaley

ZG002 have you run the raid before? Just curious as I know everyone else has and if you have too we should be through it nice and quick.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah you will be fine.

Just be thankful there is no player controlled relic in this raid. Drunzer will attest to my ability to murder the entire fire team (or just him) when running with the relic in VoG..... :D

Soldato
Yeah I did VoG.

I have joined a friend in this raid and he showed me some jumps in what looked like the middle of the dreadnaught? But that was us just messing about. I do have a 299 sniper rifle, Sleeper and Exotic arch sword. So fairly well equipped but hunters are squishy lol.

Soldato
Aye, I remember the good old days when all I had to worry about was oracles, The Templar or Atheon. Now I have to watch my back 'cause I never know when that lunatic is going to swipe me off the map.

Soldato
Not this one no :(

I'm a fairly quick learner though lol.

No worries :) I thought I better ask as I don't want to go running in to sections and leave you having no idea what is going on :D To be honest the biggest problems used to be the end of the raid as if a person died it was a wipe now it is sometimes survivable :D

Aye, I remember the good old days when all I had to worry about was oracles, The Templar or Atheon. Now I have to watch my back 'cause I never know when that lunatic is going to swipe me off the map.

Ahhhh the good ol' days :D

Soldato
Nice, though your rage gives me the fear. Is Drunzer going to be there to soothe your fury? Also it should be noted I have never done the bridge section legit...literally no idea how it's supposed to work. :D

Essentially you need to get everyone across by getting the bridge up and controlling the Totems. Once three are across you switch sides so that they keep the bridge open for the remaining three. Be aware that yellow bar wizards and boomer knights will constantly respawn until the Ogres are dead. The Ogres won't trigger until everyone is across (or more technically the game registers that no-one is left alive on the initial side).

Hunters and Titans are best for this section for obvious reasons but realistically NM should be a doddle beyond getting unlucky.

HM sounds good. 320 light will be interesting but I hope we will see more VoG HM (where you could hit enemy level cap) rather than the artificial difficulty introduced in TDB.

My drops from last nights raid were terrible beyond another (crap) fusion and finally the ghost. No armour at all so Pigtails is still stuck at 303 with a "raid ready" setup (304 max).

Last edited:
Soldato
I got the shotgun, Darkhollow cloak and Darkhollow chestpiece last night, the latter of which I already had with better perks. New one was two light levels higher so just used it to infuse into my first Chiton.

Davie, did you enjoy the jumping puzzles? :D

Seemed to go quite well last night, apart from having to do Sisters about 10 times. I apologise to all for seeming so 'slow' at times, but I couldn't hear instructions too well at that point as I had to turn the TV down and due to my hearing I play all party chat via the TV. We seemed to get it spot on by the end however!

When would people be up for finishing Oryx? I'm free tonight and pretty much all weekend.

EDIT: never got the grimiore entries for the Deathsingers. Bit annoyed by that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got the shotgun, Darkhollow cloak and Darkhollow chestpiece last night, the latter of which I already had with better perks. New one was two light levels higher so just used it to infuse into my first Chiton.

Davie, did you enjoy the jumping puzzles? :D

Seemed to go quite well last night, apart from having to do Sisters about 10 times. I apologise to all for seeming so 'slow' at times, but I couldn't hear instructions too well at that point as I had to turn the TV down and due to my hearing I play all party chat via the TV. We seemed to get it spot on by the end however!

When would people be up for finishing Oryx? I'm free tonight and pretty much all weekend.

EDIT: never got the grimiore entries for the Deathsingers. Bit annoyed by that.

Blue I'm gonna say something here and please know from the bottom of my heart I'm not trying to make you feel bad and to anyone else looking on I'm not some kind of Destiny elitist, I (and others) take new people through the raid all the time and I really enjoy helping.

It's going to be very difficult for you to do that Oryx fight if you can't communicate correctly, I really do sympathize with you because there's not much you can do but at one point last night you were sending a message to OweO, OweO would read the message to us we would respond and he would send a message back. That is not going to work against Oryx, to be honest I think we kind of lucked out against Deathsingers.

There are steps we can take to minimize the problem, the first thing would be putting you in the support role as basically your primary objective is clearing adds it doesn't require as much co-ordination as the people on the plates. A potential problem could be if one of the plate holders die you will need to get their bomb during the detonation phase but if you can't hear us that will leave us a bomb short and it extends the fight. The second thing I'm sorry to say is studying the fight on youtube, if you can't correctly hear us when we're explaining things at least this way you should already know what you have to do.

I hope none of that offended you. I just think if we hope to clear Oryx, we need to consider those steps I just mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom