Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato
I'm really liking the level/map design. It reminds me a bit of the Paris section in the original Deus Ex, and some of the better locations in Invisible War.

I'm not too keen on the oversharpening filter or whatever it is in the graphics though.

Delayed :(

https://www.deusex.com/news/Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-New-Release-Date

"As you may have already seen by reading and watching the many previews for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, our aim is for it to be a worthy successor to Human Revolution, and to improve upon that game in every way possible. I know that expectations are extremely high, and we not only want to meet those expectations, but exceed them.

We’re confident and proud of the game so far. However, as we are now playing through the game in full we can see that it will require more time in post-production for tuning, iterations, and refinement to meet our high standards. In order to achieve this, we need to move the release of the game to August 23rd, 2016.

We are sorry to disappoint you with this news, and also thank you for all of your support and comments. This game is a huge part of our lives, and we don’t want to compromise on its quality.

So please be patient with us a little longer, and thanks as always for your passion and support – through thick and thin. It’s a huge responsibility to work on Deus Ex Mankind Divided - we know, but also a huge privilege. We’re determined to deliver the best game we can."

Soldato
That's a big delay, damn.

Definitely more than just trying to get out of a crowded release window. Six extra months of development will cost a LOT of money, so it's almost certainly development not being on target.

I'm sure plenty of people will be thankful about it because of that loaded release window, though. Seriously, Jan-Apr is going to be pretty insane.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ah man... Was getting happy that this was not that far away :(

But I would rather them get the extra work/polish in and release a better game than release it in February and end up with disappointment.

Look at Fallout 4, huge game breaking bug in it.

Take your time and get it right :D

Associate
I do not mind seeing a delay if games come out polished - Revolution was one of my favourite games, apart from that alarm that I tripped in the Police Station that I swear to this day never happened :), and I look forward to stepping back into this universe when the time is right.

Soldato
Six months, wow that's a big delay. Although I am glad they are taking the time to do it right instead of just getting it out the door. Should be worth it in the end.

Caporegime
Delayed :(

https://www.deusex.com/news/Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-New-Release-Date

"As you may have already seen by reading and watching the many previews for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, our aim is for it to be a worthy successor to Human Revolution, and to improve upon that game in every way possible. I know that expectations are extremely high, and we not only want to meet those expectations, but exceed them.

We’re confident and proud of the game so far. However, as we are now playing through the game in full we can see that it will require more time in post-production for tuning, iterations, and refinement to meet our high standards. In order to achieve this, we need to move the release of the game to August 23rd, 2016.

We are sorry to disappoint you with this news, and also thank you for all of your support and comments. This game is a huge part of our lives, and we don’t want to compromise on its quality.

So please be patient with us a little longer, and thanks as always for your passion and support – through thick and thin. It’s a huge responsibility to work on Deus Ex Mankind Divided - we know, but also a huge privilege. We’re determined to deliver the best game we can."

Delayed for AMDs driver for it :D

Soldato
That is a really well made gameplay trailer

One of the best trailers I have ever seen, explaining everything about potential mechanics and playstyles, the entire background to the conflict, and narrated by the main character using in game graphics and gameplay.

Excellent advertising of what looks to be a superb game in the making.

Back
Top Bottom