Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Caporegime
It is amazing what can be created in modern engines. The shareware of Doom was remade in the Doom 3 engine. Wow, what an awesome conversion. Totally blew me away and I still play it even now.

Such a shame they couldn't do the entire game :(

I am a huge advocate for modern remakes. I would love to see DX1 remade, as well as DX2. I'd love a modern remake of Flashback as well as games like Chaos Engine, Syndicate Wars (I have high hopes for Satellite Reign), Quake/Doom games and last but not least - Command and Conquer :)

Reminds me of some work I saw recently. :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I need to know a little more about the game and also a release date before I pre-order. Plus I want to get like Augmented Edition or something like that from Amazon like i did with HR. Only game where I like the idea of having the physical booklet and stuff. Not many other games I would pre-order. Maybe Resident Evil 2 Remake would get a pre-order out of me :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just read the second part of Rock Paper Shotgun's Is Deus Ex Still The Best Game Ever? article and was well disappointed. Guy could not even get the game to run properly. lol

Every time over the years I have managed to get it working with minimal hassle with latest mods or without. I even gave it a go on 4k, no issues. Anyone else had problems getting it working?

Soldato
Can't wait to see some actual gameplay footage. I'm guessing this is going to be released next year at some point - so maybe we will see something at E3?

Looks like it will be happening:

Square Enix has confirmed gameplay of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will be shown as part of the company's E3 press conference.

The announcement was made on the game's Twitter account, and will likely be music to the ears of fans who've had to make do with an (albeit amazing) cinematic trailer until now.

Source: IGN and Twitter

:cool:

I do hope that this time, every level doesn't look the same. I hope that they discover more colours than just orange.

Yeah, the "****" filter (let's just say urine... :p) was a bit too much sometimes, although I'm pretty sur they removed it in the enhanced edition or what ever it was called.

I personally loved HR, can't wait to see gameplay :) One of the most "hyped" games on my own personal list.

Soldato
The_Ultimate_Warrior_2.gif

Do want!

Man of Honour
It's unlikely to happen officially, but I'd love to see someone in the modding community remake Deus Ex 1 in the Unreal 4 engine. It probably is a huge task, but if it was done like Black Mesa source I think it would be amazing. I believe someone attempted a remake with the UT2004 engine, but the project fizzled out sadly.

It is amazing what can be created in modern engines. The shareware of Doom was remade in the Doom 3 engine. Wow, what an awesome conversion. Totally blew me away and I still play it even now.

Such a shame they couldn't do the entire game :(

I am a huge advocate for modern remakes. I would love to see DX1 remade, as well as DX2. I'd love a modern remake of Flashback as well as games like Chaos Engine, Syndicate Wars (I have high hopes for Satellite Reign), Quake/Doom games and last but not least - Command and Conquer :)

There is a (surprisingly little known) project called Deus Ex: Revision where they have gone back and fleshed out all (or nearly all can't remember how far they got but quite a lot was done) the levels in the original game updating the gameplay and content, etc. sadly while it pushes the original engine to the edge of what is possible on todays PCs at the end of the day its still a polished up version of the original so blocky geometry underneath stuff and other limitations.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah, the "****" filter (let's just say urine... :p) was a bit too much sometimes, although I'm pretty sur they removed it in the enhanced edition or what ever it was called.

I personally loved HR, can't wait to see gameplay :) One of the most "hyped" games on my own personal list.

This and more interactive objects.

Pretty sure the devs will nail it this time. Just hope story is good, that is my only potential concern.

The Ultimate Warrior!

You reminded me of a interview he did some 3-4 year ago where he was reminiscing about the past and a number of the wrestlers came up in the conversation were dead. Eventually he said, "yeah, he's dead too". So when I just saw him just now, I was like, yeah he's dead too. Damn. Lol.

There is a (surprisingly little known) project called Deus Ex: Revision where they have gone back and fleshed out all (or nearly all can't remember how far they got but quite a lot was done) the levels in the original game updating the gameplay and content, etc. sadly while it pushes the original engine to the edge of what is possible on todays PCs at the end of the day its still a polished up version of the original so blocky geometry underneath stuff and other limitations.

Been keeping an eye out on this, the mods are proper dragging it out though. Last they said finalising promotional things which was weeks ago.

Soldato
Looks a little disappointing. I was hoping it would push the envelope a bit more, but it appears to be more of the same. Hopefully the in-game videos (which are yet to appear) prove me wrong, as apparently there is a booth showcasing in-game gameplay at E3.

Back
Top Bottom